Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Both the franchise is too big for it to only have movies.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

In hindsight, Disney/Marvel taking their time with the X-Men franchise is going to be very beneficial to X-fans! They'll have streamlined their film and Disney+ model and I believe we'll get a lot of both!

I still want the X-Men to debut in the MCU in their own stand-alone movie without any cameos or support roles leading up to it... kind of like what they're doing with Eternals. The X-Men are too big to have like Rogue in CM2 and then Wolverine in a Hulk movie or other such appearances. They need to land in a BIG BANG kind of way and not be diluted by supporting roles in other movies (references in Deadpool 3 are obviously going to be unavoidable).

What I would love to see:

Deadpool 3 - mentions or teases (nothing that will ruin anything)

1st X-Men movie, Wolverine (solo movie)

Disney+: New Mutants/New X-Men/Academy X (x-teen life), Weapon X (anthology with different focus each week; great way to introduce characters for future use)

2nd X-Men movie, Captain Britain (solo movie)

Disney+: X-Factor Investigations (I'm thinking CSI meets Archer), X-Force (black ops type show)

3rd X-men movie, Excalibur movie (the GotG of the X-world)
    Last edited by superjosh; 01-17-2021 at 01:52 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    In hindsight, Disney/Marvel taking their time with the X-Men franchise is going to be very beneficial to X-fans! They'll have streamlined their film and Disney+ model and I believe we'll get a lot of both!

I still want the X-Men to debut in the MCU in their own stand-alone movie without any cameos or support roles leading up to it... kind of like what they're doing with Eternals. The X-Men are too big to have like Rogue in CM2 and then Wolverine in a Hulk movie or other such appearances. They need to land in a BIG BANG kind of way and not be diluted by supporting roles in other movies (references in Deadpool 3 are obviously going to be unavoidable).
    Gonna have to disagree. The MCU built their popularity through the interconnectivity between their moves through easter eggs and cameos leading up to a climatic collaborative movie. And now that the X-Men are back with Marvel its the perfect title to maximize this formula.

A lot of X solo and teams TV D+ series that will lead to X-Men movies events.

What I would like to see

Team Movies- X-men, X-force
    Solo Movies : Wolverine, Gambit, Deadpool, Magik
    Streaming Shows : New Mutants(like Stranger things), X-factor(Detective show think Angel),
    Streaming one shot/ Limited series- X-men First Class(about the O5), Gen X or New X-men, Excalibur, Magneto, Storm, Kwannon, Cable vs Bishop

That is what I would like to see and oh yeah the teams would be these

X-men-Cyclops, Storm, Jean Grey, Night Crawler, Kitty and rotating Beast,Iceman,Colossus,Forge,Emma,etc

X-force- Wolverine, Psylocke, Bishop, Cable, Gambit, Rogue, Domino, Archangel

People are always whining about Wolverine getting too much spotlight. I would separate Wolverine with a group of X-men heavy hitters in second movie franchise that would be straight up action franchise that would be like X-men meets Expendables. Leaving the main X-men title for the other characters and more of the traditional superhero stuff and drama.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 01-17-2021 at 05:48 AM.

There will be both, there is not much to discuss.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

One of the (not many) advantages of the X-Men joining the MCU so late in the game is specifically the opportunity to leverage Disney+ and the storytelling opportunities it presents. Solo adventures, spin-off teams, one-shots focusing on one character... We will most likely have all of these alongside blockbuster movies. The future is rosy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    One of the (not many) advantages of the X-Men joining the MCU so late in the game is specifically the opportunity to leverage Disney+ and the storytelling opportunities it presents. Solo adventures, spin-off teams, one-shots focusing on one character... We will most likely have all of these alongside blockbuster movies. The future is rosy.
    The X-men also have a massive amount of B- and C-list heros and villains (sometimes having done double duty as either) to draw from. Not just supporting characters but actual characters who can and have filled spots in teams.
    This being in part thanks to many of their heros and villains sharing the same origin of their super power, which allowed quick creation and inclusion of characters (sadly also one reason why Joe Q. felt like doing M-day).
    While i don't want to downplay the secondary heros and members of the Avengers, the X-men feel like outpacing them by a mile in that regard. Of course it's also the source of regular griev for many readers who are fans of these B/C listers, as all of them basicly have to struggle for relevance and appearances in the shadow of the A-listers, but the adventages for a multi-media franchise are clearly there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Unless Disney folds or the MCU finally stops generating tons of money we’re going to get both. The A listers will most likely debut on the big screen and then after 2-4 years of movies we’ll get a D+ show. Heck we might even get the D+ show after year 1.

I would put animation in its own category as I wouldn’t be surprised if that actually debuted before the movies since I assume it can be done easier than filming a movie or show during this pandemic.
    TBH, I would probably do something like I was writing with New Class:

Put an X-Kids series on D+. The A-listers could guest spot periodically as teachers and for crossover arcs, but the central focus would be the kids who would otherwise be wallpaper in the movies so Wolverine can have 90 minutes of screen time. This would allow the Xavier School to be better fleshed out as an entity in a medium that would actually allow for long-form storytelling and character development, than on a platform which by nature has to suborn robust world-building for action.

You wouldn't EVEN have to wait for a year after the first movie.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

There will be both. Films tackling the huge world ending events, and D+ doing more personal character driven stuff. Fleshing out those who don't get the most attention, and setting things in motion for the films later.

I think The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix would be a perfect Disney plus show. I'd imagine that some of the teams will end up on streaming as well. X-Factor and Excalibur in particular.

I cannot wait for something new with X-Men!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

The first thing I thought of after watching the premiere of Wandavision was how Mojo World would be excellent subject matter for another experimental, absurdist Disney+ show.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Gonna have to disagree. The MCU built their popularity through the interconnectivity between their moves through easter eggs and cameos leading up to a climatic collaborative movie. And now that the X-Men are back with Marvel its the perfect title to maximize this formula.
    That works for characters that can stand alone. Characters like Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, and Black Widow have always been able to headline their own stories. The X-Men not so much (with the exception of Wolverine). There's a reason there are no lasting ongoing solo series for anyone besides Logan... they don't work.

The X-Men and Avengers are just not the same. The Avengers can take anyone that's superpowered and put them together to fight evil or whatever. The X-Men are akin to "found families".

The MCU didn't so around planting seeds for the GotG members or the Eternals because there was no reason to do that. That's just my opinion on how they should handle the X-Men.

From a financial perspective, perhaps Disney will go the route of building the hype up. But from a story standpoint, I just prefer they didn't. My two cents, is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    TBH, I would probably do something like I was writing with New Class:

Put an X-Kids series on D+. The A-listers could guest spot periodically as teachers and for crossover arcs, but the central focus would be the kids who would otherwise be wallpaper in the movies so Wolverine can have 90 minutes of screen time. This would allow the Xavier School to be better fleshed out as an entity in a medium that would actually allow for long-form storytelling and character development, than on a platform which by nature has to suborn robust world-building for action.

You wouldn't EVEN have to wait for a year after the first movie.
    Solid idea, very similar to how the MCU did Avengers vs how they did Defenders but this time with more actual interaction.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

I tell people to be careful what they wish or ask for, the reason I am not officially hyped is because I know a lot of disney plus and disney xmen movies will likely be terrible and extremely generic compared to the best of what we have already seen. one thing I have discovered now is that people are more excited about the idea of things than the reality of things.

It's exciting to think of a new xmen show, it a bummer when you realise you are not getting something as uniquely different as Legion or X-Men TAS for 1992. Instead Just another generic MCU comic book romp hyped up by the well oiled Disney machine with little art
    Last edited by Castle; 01-18-2021 at 06:16 AM.