Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I tell people to be careful what they wish or ask for, the reason I am not officially hyped is because I know a lot of disney plus and disney xmen movies will likely be terrible and extremely generic compared to the best of what we have already seen. one thing I have discovered now is that people are more excited about the idea of things than the reality of things.

It's exciting to think of a new xmen show, it a bummer when you realise you are not getting something as uniquely different as Legion or X-Men TAS for 1992. Instead Just another generic MCU comic book romp hyped up by the well oiled Disney machine with little art
    Are you also not hating the idea of things rather than the reality of things here, since none of this has happened yet?

I love the idea of both. For example, I would love the idea of introducing the hellfire club in a Disney+ series. Think succession with superpowers

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    Are you also not hating the idea of things rather than the reality of things here, since none of this has happened yet?
    Some comments you can't take to seriously, We are literally in the middle of Wandavision being this unique trippy show. She Hulk is going to be law procedural, Loki looks to be an interesting scifi cop take with time travel. The "this is going to be generic" take is already BS.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

THIS

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Unless Disney folds or the MCU finally stops generating tons of money we’re going to get both. The A listers will most likely debut on the big screen and then after 2-4 years of movies we’ll get a D+ show. Heck we might even get the D+ show after year 1.

I would put animation in its own category as I wouldn’t be surprised if that actually debuted before the movies since I assume it can be done easier than filming a movie or show during this pandemic.

And this!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    There is no "or". Theatres are done if not for good right now, then soon.

You will get your X-Men in spades (and hearts and clubs and diamonds, chere) on Disney+, sometimes in one 2.5 hour chunk, sometimes in weekly 1-hour bites.

Inevitably, some things, particularly the smaller subfranchises, will see more time in side shows, rather than the big productions.

Give me my lil 8-episode Gen Hope story.

Disagree, although the bolded point would be perfect for a Disney + vehicle, just as Marvel had the deal with Netflix to produce their shows. It would be a great idea to introduce characters we won't/didn't see on the big screen. And an opportunity to delve into some of the more intimate and smaller stories and characters.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    That works for characters that can stand alone. Characters like Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, and Black Widow have always been able to headline their own stories. The X-Men not so much (with the exception of Wolverine). There's a reason there are no lasting ongoing solo series for anyone besides Logan... they don't work.

The X-Men and Avengers are just not the same. The Avengers can take anyone that's superpowered and put them together to fight evil or whatever. The X-Men are akin to "found families".

The MCU didn't so around planting seeds for the GotG members or the Eternals because there was no reason to do that. That's just my opinion on how they should handle the X-Men.

From a financial perspective, perhaps Disney will go the route of building the hype up. But from a story standpoint, I just prefer they didn't. My two cents, is all.
    That's not true and is barely true now, sure Hulk and maybe Thor and Cap, but historically most Avengers solo title have sold around the expected mark. Even with them becoming household names, many of them sale very regularly near or at the level of X-men solos that have been canceled.

I tell people to be careful what they wish or ask for, the reason I am not officially hyped is because I know a lot of disney plus and disney xmen movies will likely be terrible and extremely generic compared to the best of what we have already seen. one thing I have discovered now is that people are more excited about the idea of things than the reality of things.

It's exciting to think of a new xmen show, it a bummer when you realise you are not getting something as uniquely different as Legion or X-Men TAS for 1992. Instead Just another generic MCU comic book romp hyped up by the well oiled Disney machine with little art

Opposed to what, Fox had them for nearly two decades and they wore military grade gear the entire time before resetting their own universe as it had become too convoluted based on the very stories they had been butchering.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Some comments you can't take to seriously, We are literally in the middle of Wandavision being this unique trippy show. She Hulk is going to be law procedural, Loki looks to be an interesting scifi cop take with time travel. The "this is going to be generic" take is already BS.
    Please take my comments seriously. I am not watching Wandavision since I don't have disneyplus but I doubt it is on the same intellectual tippy level as Legion. I have read the reviews and no, its not in the same class as Legion because Disney plus is not capable of that story telling and style level you see on great FX or HBO show

From what I have seen so far from even marvel fans they have called it a downgraded version of legion because that is how most Disney series operate. Wandavision is likely to Legion as Dr Strange is to Christoper Nolan's Inception.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LegionFX/co..._its_going_to/
    Wandavision really is looking like its going to be a more 'normal', 'accessible' version of Legion. And I'm happy about that.

Whenever people want to throw styles in subgenre, it is fair to remeber they are still operating on Disney ground. She Hulk using a law procedural is not going to make it the comic book answer of to kill a mockingbirrd, loki being scifi does not make is star trek the next generation anymore than GOTG is Space Odessey, disney does make the most generic movies of a genre, it's far from bs when there are many proof of that. One may be happening even now with Wandavision.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    Most times now in entertainment, it has become too easy too predict an outcome. I think it is fair to say there is a very good idea of how a disney or a warner brothers series or a HBO MAX show are likely to turn out. We can also keep it real, Marvel since forever has struggled to produced any cartoon that has been cared for so deeply like X-Men TAS or Spetutclar Spiderman, there movies are fun but easily very throw away. it's highly unlikely all that will change even with new X-men stuff.
    Last edited by Castle; 01-25-2021 at 11:10 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post

Opposed to what, Fox had them for nearly two decades and they wore military grade gear the entire time before resetting their own universe as it had become too convoluted based on the very stories they had been butchering.
    This is not what I was talking about. What I said was x-men on disney plus or Disney movies in reality, is not going to be worth getting excited about in the long run.

When I look at Fox before the disney takeover that put dark phoenix and new mutants into trash cans. The quality of Fox just from Logan, Legion and the Deapool r animted rated show that disney had to axed have all been far better than anything disney plus has and will ever produce with marvel. all what disney plus can do now is offer a downgrade from that. Fans are better of focusing on the hype of new xmen material than the reality of what will be.

Hype : Announce an X-men show and get cheers.

Reality : No, we are not interested in pushing and breaking new grounds like their comics, movies or tv has already done. all we want is for fans and media to focus only on the notion that xmen is now in the MCU.

Aftermath: Not highly worth it but cool that there is some xmen stuff out here. I know this first hand because this is what is going on with the Star Wars Franchise. X-Men won't be too far off.
    Last edited by Castle; 01-25-2021 at 11:10 AM.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

This is not what I was talking about. What I said was x-men on disney plus or Disney movies in reality, is not going to be worth getting excited about in the long run.

When I look at Fox before the disney takeover that put dark phoenix and new mutants into trash cans. The quality of Fox just from Logan, Legion and the Deapool r animted rated show that disney had to axed have all been far better than anything disney plus has and will ever produce with marvel. all what disney plus can do now is offer a downgrade from that. Fans are better of focusing on the hype of new xmen material than the reality of what will be.
    I guess I'm confused by your point, what information do you have to determine what Disney or Marvel will do with the X-men one-way or another? And I think it is INCREDIBLY important to note, all of those amazing ideas for movies like Deadpool or Logan or a tv show like Legion. Is those ideas were all from the minds of those individual creators, more importantly all of them expressed that they did NOT want to use the narratives from the main titles. The sole reason or at least one benefit of the Fox X-men franchise being so convoluted, no one outside of Singer wanted anything to do with the mess he created and they expressly avoided the baggage. Thus creating their own unique narratives which many of which were just as or more successful than anything done with the overall property.

What I don't understand is how you get from this:

To this:
    had to axed have all been far better than anything disney plus has and will ever produce with marvel. all what disney plus can do now is offer a downgrade from that. Fans are better of focusing on the hype of new xmen material than the reality of what will be
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 01-25-2021 at 11:10 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I would love a new animated show

as for series I think that X-Factor Investigations would be their best option. And if Loki turns out as good as it looks, then I wouldn't mind for them doing an Excalibur series.
    Totally agree, if they got kick ass animators and great writers like young justice season 1 and 2 had.It's a no brainer , they just shouldn't make it too childish.The subject matter though animated should be fairly serious. I didn't want them to stop Wolverine and the X-Men at season 1 as it was getting better as the season went on.An animated show with epic action is the best option.To have more potential they could concentrate on like New Mutants trying to do missions so that they can be recruited as X men proper or trying to get hard boiled assignments like X-Force.The dynamic would work

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Totally agree, if they got kick ass animators and great writers like young justice season 1 and 2 had.It's a no brainer , they just shouldn't make it too childish.The subject matter though animated should be fairly serious. I didn't want them to stop Wolverine and the X-Men at season 1 as it was getting better as the season went on.An animated show with epic action is the best option.To have more potential they could concentrate on like New Mutants trying to do missions so that they can be recruited as X men proper or trying to get hard boiled assignments like X-Force.The dynamic would work
    X-Force can never happen, not on disney plus. at least not like the comics. X-Force is the most grittiest part of the X-Universe, they work more on grey lines, handling some of the dirtier jobs, xmen does not really want to put their face on. x-force is not Disney plus material

on the bright side, harry potter tv series goes on HBO Max. now hbo max is more x-force material.

Deadpool 3 is confirmed to be both R-rated and part of the MCU by Kevin Feige. Not sure whether they will put it on Disney+ eventually (with parental controls like they are doing outside the U.S. with their Star brand; I could see them doing the same with Hulu here actually), but I feel quite confident they can do X-Force if they are so inclined after Deadpool 3. Either as a film or a show (probably on Hulu in the U.S./Star overseas in that case).

Most likely it would not star major X-men characters like Logan, though. My guess is they’d focus more on Domino, Cable, Deadpool and other lesser known mutants so that it can be more contained to this gritty R-rated corner of the MCU. That doesn’t mean Cable or Deadpool couldn’t also show up in the more family friendly PG-13 MCU films, however. They’d just cuss less and the violence would be more toned down than it is in DP3 or X-Force.

Spectacular Member

probably both, I can see stuff involving major stories and teams for the big screen like X-men, X-force, Excalibur, etc. the kind of stuff that will involve having to use some significant visuals and big action.

then for the streaming service can be for the teams that will likely deal with more grounded or personal stuff like New Mutants, X-factor, Generation X, etc. and some solo stories like Cable or Wolverine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    That's not true and is barely true now, sure Hulk and maybe Thor and Cap, but historically most Avengers solo title have sold around the expected mark. Even with them becoming household names, many of them sale very regularly near or at the level of X-men solos that have been canceled.
    This just sounds like you downplaying the fact characters who make up the Avengets are typically people who hold their own books.
    That's always the case because sure I don't a Wonder Man book being a mainstay, but there's a reason why there's always a Captain America book, always an Iron Man book why there's always a Thor book and rarely a Beast or Cyclops book.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 02-01-2021 at 07:18 AM.

Astonishing Member

X-Force can never happen, not on disney plus. at least not like the comics. X-Force is the most grittiest part of the X-Universe, they work more on grey lines, handling some of the dirtier jobs, xmen does not really want to put their face on. x-force is not Disney plus material

on the bright side, harry potter tv series goes on HBO Max. now hbo max is more x-force material.
    You're right X-force won't happen but what I meant is just like YJ wanted to prove to the Justice League that they are serious and worthy to be considered they took on the big guns,so can the New Mutants try to take on the bigger X-Men foes in an attempt to prove they are no less worthy than the elite of the elite- X-Force team.If they approach it right it can be done without involving the gore of the X-Force. I think it can be done but I feel like animations are being dumbed down to appeal to the kids, not realising that even adults can be won over if the story is mature and engaging.Disney has to test the waters at least with animation,otherwise we can expect the movies to be
    infantile

BANNED

This just sounds like you downplaying the fact characters who make up the Avengets are typically people who hold their own books.
    That's always the case because sure I don't a Wonder Man book being a mainstay, but there's a reason why there's always a Captain America book, always an Iron Man book why there's always a Thor book and rarely a Beast or Cyclops book.
    captain amercia and thor books are not meant to be compared to a beast or a cyclops book because x-men are only suppose to work as a team in the long run, if you want to directly compare a cylcops book to a thor book, a jane spin off is the best idea or an agent carter book.

Thor and captian america are centric characters to their own series. x-men is not meant to have a centric character. the team is the centric. once in a while they get sub-genre spin offs.

there is always a thor book, captain America book and flagship xmen books. now those flagship xmen books have always been mostly different from the rest of the marvel series, they never needed to connect to the larger marvel universe or be Disney adapted, especially not in live action.

series are suppose to progress and subvert expectations in a good light, Marvel studio disney is not capable of any of that whenever they try to tackle a spiderman or xmen material. they only seem to succeed with marvel IP like thor and captian america , no one knew anything about until disney started making movies about them.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 02-01-2021 at 07:19 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    You're right X-force won't happen but what I meant is just like YJ wanted to prove to the Justice League that they are serious and worthy to be considered they took on the big guns,so can the New Mutants try to take on the bigger X-Men foes in an attempt to prove they are no less worthy than the elite of the elite- X-Force team.If they approach it right it can be done without involving the gore of the X-Force. I think it can be done but I feel like animations are being dumbed down to appeal to the kids, not realising that even adults can be won over if the story is mature and engaging.Disney has to test the waters at least with animation,otherwise we can expect the movies to be
    infantile
    disney is making deapdool 3 by the skin of their teeth, a movie that will likely be r in name alone. I cannot wait when my prediction likely comes to pass that Days of future past will be more rated r than deadpool 3 though DOFP was given pg 13.

disney plus x-force is a long shot to a no. despite the outcome of new mutants, i have to give fox some credit for trying to experiment with horror, perhaps things would have been different if the movie did not have so many problems due to the fox-disney burn over, a horror experiment by disney plus can never happen, why else do you think i am more excited for harry potter tv on hbo max than percy jackson on disny plus even if I loved both book as a teenager.
    Last edited by Castle; 01-26-2021 at 06:57 AM.