Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Also we have to remember that everyone on that list except maybe some of the reality warpers have in the past shown limits or strains to their abilities. Hickman's definition states to reach an indefinable level of a specific power to reach omega status.

I think if you can point to past showings of high power usage, it's easier to see why some characters got the omega level moniker. With Storm you can point to Roguestorm as evidence for further potential, as well as her stunts in space, particularly during the brood saga where she drew power from stars.
    Exactly, the reality warpers are on a different level cause they don't need to do much to produce the same effects storm, Jean or magneto can. Plus also due to the nature of their powers they can override laws that can make feats difficult, but other omegas have to produce soo much power they break the laws that stands in their way. They can but it will take time hence y storm and magneto had to meditate to create cosmic frets, storm taking out an entire fleet and magneto pulling the Giant space bullet. It's not that they don't have the power to do this big feats but they must collect themselves reach within to perform these feats due to bodily limitations. It is really amazing and very good for plot it limits the omegas while they retain godlike power.

Mighty Member

When it comes to Omegas I think the key word is "Potential". They can potentially reach an unsurpassable level but it is not a given or guarantee. They have it in them to reach those heights but may not and they are definitely not unbeatable, as we've seen Quintin be susceptible to power dampeners. So I see Omegas as powerful Alphas that have the potential to reach unsurpassable levels, thus becoming true Omegas. But again they may not realize that potential.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    When it comes to Omegas I think the key word is "Potential". They can potentially reach an unsurpassable level but it is not a given or guarantee. They have it in them to reach those heights but may not and they are definitely not unbeatable, as we've seen Quintin be susceptible to power dampeners. So I see Omegas as powerful Alphas that have the potential to reach unsurpassable levels, thus becoming true Omegas. But again they may not realize that potential.
    YH exactly the same way Bobby was omega but was too lazy to try to unearth his true potential. Some say laziness others say he was afraid of his potential. But when Emma took oblver hos body that was when the xmen realized he was capable of sooo much more. He can create clones to battle heroes as powerful as the hulk. Can create sentient creatures which can move think and do things on their own. That is omega. It's like a combination of ice make and ice creature or so from fairy tail. He can also transcend his physical form and merge with all moisture on the planet. Automatically becoming a god Ala ego. And that is all still no where near his true potential. So all this lies on Emma who discovered his power has no limit and could keep going till....?

Following the recent issue of X-men, anyone think that Synch may be up for consideration as an omega for power mimicry? Remember that Hope is listed as power manipulation though people incorrectly assume she's there for her mimicry

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Following the recent issue of X-men, anyone think that Synch may be up for consideration as an omega for power mimicry? Remember that Hope is listed as power manipulation though people incorrectly assume she's there for her mimicry
    Absolutely yes and someone reminded me that Hickman said the list may change over time? Ev has my vote for inclusion.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I assume that Synch and perhaps Gideon should be considered Omega too.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Sounds like it to me. With the fixes he can mimic literally any power which really stood out since the vault children i assume have more tech based powers which if Synch can copy human novissimo in away that makes him unlike any other mutant and i think that is what people are missing, this isn't a simple mutate power copy. 'i also like the idea that a mind that was in a body that went from no powers to developing powers would be more advanced in a body that is already x-gene ready. for some reason it makes sense to me sort of like erasing your awkward years.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Do you think Marvel will officially add on additional mutants to their Omega listing?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Do you think Marvel will officially add on additional mutants to their Omega listing?
    I think they will have to at some point seeing there are now 12 new ones from Arrako.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I don't think simply being able to copy powers makes you omega level because you can measure his power based on the powers of those around him.

Hope and Rogue can do similar things to Synch but Hope is only a omega level power manipulator

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I don't think simply being able to copy powers makes you omega level because you can measure his power based on the powers of those around him.

Hope and Rogue can do similar things to Synch but Hope is only a omega level power manipulator
    There is a big difference between Rogue and Synch in that Synch powers are not parasitic in nature. He does not cause harm to those he is copying meaning he could go as high as they potentially could. Rogue could theoretically do it but they could die first and if their will is strong enough, perhaps an Omega telepath, could end up taking over her body.

Though with this new information it stands to reason if Rogue were to die and come back her mind may erase the trauma of going from no powers to power and she may well still have full control of her powers.
    but even with full control rogue's powers could still be parasitic in nature which will always cause it to have an inherit limit and the only variable changing being her ability to touch or not.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

If I remember correctly, the thing with Synch was that he had the potential to retain the abilities he mimicked. At leas, I remember Emma or Banshee talking about that back in a Gen X story.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    There is a big difference between Rogue and Synch in that Synch powers are not parasitic in nature. He does not cause harm to those he is copying meaning he could go as high as they potentially could. Rogue could theoretically do it but they could die first and if their will is strong enough, perhaps an Omega telepath, could end up taking over her body.

Though with this new information it stands to reason if Rogue were to die and come back her mind may erase the trauma of going from no powers to power and she may well still have full control of her powers.
    but even with full control rogue's powers could still be parasitic in nature which will always cause it to have an inherit limit and the only variable changing being her ability to touch or not.
    I'm starting to wonder if these powers increase are caused by Hope on a sub-conscience level. Her powers is to max powers
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 02-24-2021 at 03:54 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    If I remember correctly, the thing with Synch was that he had the potential to retain the abilities he mimicked. At leas, I remember Emma or Banshee talking about that back in a Gen X story.

I'm starting to wonder if these powers increase are caused by Hope on a sub-conscience level. Her powers is to max powers
    Even back then he had the potential to use the powers better than the original mutant

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I would agree here.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

would not suprise me. Honestly i could see Hope, Elixir or Proteus getting subconsciously cocky and wanting to improve a mutant. But then it's already been said as they do it they get better and more powerful so it might actually be less work making mutants more powerful than less so. But the way it was explained in the issue does make sense to me.

If i was say storm and spent 12 years in a body with no powers and then gradually had to learn my powers over say another 12 years, being reborn in a body where there is no learning gap i can understand how one would latch on quicker to their power.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.