Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    It isn't a potential thing, It is basically if your power has a cap or not. Hickman set the definition and the whole line is following those rules. Hope is an interesting case is when copies powers she can use it at their full potential, So she easily makes Omega list because if copies someone with an undefinable limit, she has the same undefinable limit.

The funniest thing is Rogue has never been called an Omega mutant she doesn't even have the Cable, Rachel, Nate Grey, Emma Frost beef hey we called Omega but now we are not thing. Or even the Polaris issue where she has been stronger or strong as her father who is Omega thing. The X-men books have never called Rogue Omega and isn't calling her Omega now
    Just my opinion, I have another take on Hickman's definition of Omega mutants that it means 'their current abilities to control their powers at certain categories' has reached a level of 'no upper limits'. However, any other mutant that is able to evolve and has increased control of their power may also reach 'no upper limits'. (It is not always about how powerful but unlimited potential and possibilities)

So, even Hope is superior than Rogue currently, there are still things that Rogue can do better and if she gains better control and power of them. She maybe able to reach Omega level some day.(You may think about if she absorbed Hope...)

And from a writer perspective if I list some Omega mutants that can't be surpassed ever after. This isn't good for story development for the future.

So, I would just take the list as 'the current' topmost mutants that can 'control their abilities' to a level of 'no upper limits' in this era.
    Last edited by Psigal; 02-25-2021 at 09:20 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psigal View Post
    Just my opinion, I have another take on Hickman's definition of Omega mutants that it means 'their current abilities to control their powers at certain categories' has reached a level of 'no upper limits'. However, any other mutant that is able to evolve and has increased control of their power may also reach 'no upper limits'. (It is not always about how powerful but unlimited potential and possibilities)

So, even Hope is superior than Rogue currently, there are still things that Rogue can do better and if she gains better control and power of them. She maybe able to reach Omega level some day.(You may think about if she absorbed Hope...)

And from a writer perspective if I list some Omega mutants that can't be surpassed ever after. This isn't good for story development for the future.

So, I would just take the list as 'the current' topmost mutants that can 'control their abilities' to a level of 'no upper limits' in this era.
    You either are or you aren't omega. This is as simple as that you can become extremely powerful but you will still not be omega y? Because omega is literally incalculable in capacity and capability. It's like the hulk having no real cap on his super strength he can get stronger and stronger with no true limit to how strong he can get. He literally is the strongest there is. The same goes to omega abilities they can grow and grow and expand till well there is no definable upper limit. Alpha mutants can grow too but they have an upper limit ultimately, currently some alphas are even stronger than some omegas due to mastery but ultimately they will hit a plateau where there is no where to move but expand what they can do for versatility not power since they have reached thier peak. Omegas have unlimited vertical and horizontal scales to thier power they literally cannot hit a plateau no matter how hard they push themselves they also have an unlimited horizontal radius around thier vertical scale so they can expand versatility and power output. That's the true difference between alphas and omegas I think

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    While I do think we need a cap on the omega list I'd be fine with Synch and/or Meggan making the list. Meggan's powers are something else. I think she has to be one of the top shape shifters. Someone more knowledgeable than me would have to discuss what her (potential) limits are.
    The problem with the Omega discussion for Meggan is that we would need to know what her primary ability is. I'd say the order goes Metamorph, Empath then Elemental.

Metamorph/Shapeshifter: I don't know anyone better, Mystique may be the most famous shapeshifter but Meggan does it better.
    Power Mimicry: Meggan does have one major advantage in this area, by not requiring any proximity to others in order to use their power.
    Elemental Empathy/Naturakinesis: There aren't even many in the MU who have this ability, the only ones I could find are Meruda and Brother Nature
    Empathy: I know people will just say this is a subset of Telepathy, but I haven't seen any telepath use Empathy beyond just the basics. There may be better Empaths out there, but I'm not up on that info.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Hope's omega power is not power mimicry it is power manipulation itself. This ability is far superior to mimicry it copying because she can mimic, augment, negate, deplete,create or mix up powers. Rouge, synch and others are strong but they will never surpass hope because hope controls power itself on an omega level.
    I'm sorry. What?
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I think Hope negated Rogue's powers once or something like that and i think she can also amp others people powers?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    The problem with the Omega discussion for Meggan is that we would need to know what her primary ability is. I'd say the order goes Metamorph, Empath then Elemental.

Metamorph/Shapeshifter: I don't know anyone better, Mystique may be the most famous shapeshifter but Meggan does it better.
    Power Mimicry: Meggan does have one major advantage in this area, by not requiring any proximity to others in order to use their power.
    Elemental Empathy/Naturakinesis: There aren't even many in the MU who have this ability, the only ones I could find are Meruda and Brother Nature
    Empathy: I know people will just say this is a subset of Telepathy, but I haven't seen any telepath use Empathy beyond just the basics. There may be better Empaths out there, but I'm not up on that info.
    Meggan def would be omega for shape shifting imo....Who is seeing her other than Morph? And even then can he replicate powers?

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Meggan def would be omega for shape shifting imo....Who is seeing her other than Morph? And even then can he replicate powers?
    Copycat could both shapeshift and copy powers.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Copycat could both shapeshift and copy powers.
    Yeah but she can only transform into other people, not aliens or animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    Yeah but she can only transform into other people, not aliens or animals.
    Ah. But which shapehifter can transform into animals? I never saw mystique or Megan do that.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Ah. But which shapehifter can transform into animals? I never saw mystique or Megan do that.
    I dont think Megan has ever transformed into animals. Her transforms seem to always be humanoid..

Though, her shape shifting powers are pretty wide
    20210226_095456.jpg
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 02-26-2021 at 09:03 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Does a dragon count? Other than that as LordAllMighty says she tends to take on a more humanoid animal form, where she has the attributes of both.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I dont think Megan has ever transformed into animals. Her transforms seem to always be humanoid..

Though, her shape shifting powers are pretty wide
    20210226_095456.jpg
    Yep she's even turned into water!

she can create new forms and powers:

meg06.jpg

meg05.jpg

meg04.jpg
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Mystique can

I always found this scene interesting as Betsy says Raven's physical changes twist her personality and her mind was fractured. Makes me wonder if she went completely insane if her powers would level up where she could access more outrageous forms.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Meggan could battle Galactus! I have always thought of her as an Omega... I wonder if her daughter will be....

Last edited by darkalamator; 02-26-2021 at 12:23 PM.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare