Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Namor: "Ummmm, oopsie"

I'd really like a Planet Size X-Men follow up that is just about Namor showing back up on Krakoa, and being all, "Awesome, guys! This is what I was talking about! Let's do this! You guys and me! We're gonna rule!" and the whole island pretty much saying, "Nah, it's cool. We got this. Thanks, though. We'll call you sometime, maybe. But, you enjoy your lil' kiddie pool down here".

Well Namor in X-men#21 explicitly said he has dominion over 70% of earth. Earth has roughly 510 million km^2 surface area so that means he controls more than 350 million km^2 which is more than twice the surface area of mars. So he still has the bigger empire.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Well Namor in X-men#21 explicitly said he has dominion over 70% of earth. Earth has roughly 510 million km^2 surface area so that means he controls more than 350 million km^2 which is more than twice the surface area of mars. So he still has the bigger empire.
    Still not a planet though but you tried.
    Also...
    I guess you didn't hear that they now rule the entire solar system then....something bound to get the humans in their nikkers.

After seeing his reaction at Doom's wedding, I honestly would love something like that, to be honest.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Also...
    I guess you didn't hear that they now rule the entire solar system then....something bound to get the humans in their nikkers.
    You mean until 3-4 years when it gets destroyed.
    Ochis has a sentinel city as well.
    And they will be dealing with threats on a much larger scale now.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Also...
    You make it sound like they became the emperors of sol while most likely it will hardly affect the everyday lives of average atlantean/latverian/wakandan. The most visible effect of that statement I think is that mars will become the most popular destination for alien invasion.

You make it sound like they became the emperors of sol while most likely it will hardly affect the everyday lives of average atlantean/latverian/wakandan. The most visible effect of that statement I think is that mars will become the most popular destination for alien invasion.
    You make it sound like Kang wanted to be ruler of Earth while most likely it would have hardly affected the everyday lives of most of the people on Earth.

Preposterous, right? Well, what you are suggesting is about the same.

I could keep going with historical analogies ranging from Hitler to Tojo, to Stalin to Mao, to Idi Amin, to the Khmer Rouge, etc.

Just because you like the dictator doesn’t mean it’s okay.
    Last edited by Brian B; 06-22-2021 at 11:43 AM.

Incredible Member

Well, I pretty much intended this to be a light-hearted little discussion about Namor coming down off his ego when he sees/hears about Planet Arakko, but it's kinda going off the rails here...

Astonishing Member

If they’d approached him for the Regency, he might have agreed, but there’s no way Xavier* would gamble on giving Namor “Imperius Flex” McKenzie that kind of power

As it was, they tried to get Namor to leave his job as an Emperor to become a peer on the QC. Knowing he’s a prideful lunatic

*the man responsible for a substantial amount of Namor’s non-married women related shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    Well, I pretty much intended this to be a light-hearted little discussion about Namor coming down off his ego when he sees/hears about Planet Arakko, but it's kinda going off the rails here...
    It’s only fictions, not real life. It’s okay, even if there are historical analogies which could be drawn. I’m not upset. It’s comics, not real life. But I am pointing out even though Marvel is a fictional universe, the X-Men aren’t the goodies anymore.

Personally, I’d like to see a Planet-Size follow-up where the governments of Earth unite to bring down the Krakoan super gangsters. I’d like Namor to bring the biggest darn tsunami the world has ever seen down on Krakoa, break that swampy Kaiju and all its residents in two. Namor can send in a pod of Gigantos to finish the job.
    Last edited by Brian B; 06-22-2021 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    You make it sound like Kang wanted to be ruler of Earth while most likely it would have hardly affected the everyday lives of most of the people on Earth.

Preposterous, right? Well, what you are suggesting is about the same.

I could keep going with historical analogies ranging from Hitler to Tojo, to Stalin to Mao, to Idi Amin, to the Khmer Rouge, etc.

Just because you like the dictator doesn’t mean it’s okay.
    I didn't say I like the dictator. But acting like what Kang and mutants are doing are the same is just wrong. Kang actively attacks the earth. While mutants may not be exactly heroic with some of their actions at worst it's just passive aggressive show of power without throwing any punches. Even the supposed fearsome mutants are Arakko mostly wanna be left alone.

I didn't say I like the dictator. But acting like what Kang and mutants are doing are the same is just wrong. Kang actively attacks the earth. While mutants may not be exactly heroic with some of their actions at worst it's just passive aggressive show of power without throwing any punches. Even the supposed fearsome mutants are Arakko mostly wanna be left alone.
    Committing genocide, inadvertently or not, in Terra Verde while militarizing space is not “passive.” You understand in the history of the world, countries have justifiably fought wars and destroyed nations over far, far less offenses than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Committing genocide, inadvertently or not, in Terra Verde while militarizing space is not “passive.” You understand in the history of the world, countries have justifiably fought wars and destroyed nations over far, far less offenses than that.
    I forgot about it. Yeah you are right but I still stand by what I said about Sol.

Does anyone know the population of Atlantis? I know Namor rules the oceans but if there's a population of only a few hundred thousand, it's not that impressive.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    You mean until 3-4 years when it gets destroyed.
    Ochis has a sentinel city as well.
    And they will be dealing with threats on a much larger scale now.
    Big villans for big empire. And it getting destroyed in 3-4 years is anyone's guess. I mean do you know the future have you read x-men issues from 2026? Nope so I guess we shouldn't trust your judgement then.