Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Maddi...nt)_(Earth-616)

This girl is an Omega level teleporter she can teleport whole facilities and even human beings but they die after wards lol. Very OP
    I was thinking Manifold would be an Omega teleporter but he needed the other ones in SWORD so he has a limit. I do think teleportation could theoretically have an Omega based on range.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
    What are the differences between Quantum, Unversal and Psionic Reality warping?
    The scope\range\quality\method ..........
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I was thinking Manifold would be an Omega teleporter but he needed the other ones in SWORD so he has a limit. I do think teleportation could theoretically have an Omega based on range.
    Pretty much the only thing that holds Manifold back from Omega status is that his powers only work in the 616 universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Pretty much the only thing that holds Manifold back from Omega status is that his powers only work in the 616 universe.
    Illyana can tp across dimensions, time and space...... she never seems to tire or show signs of strain..... she seems pretty omega to me
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Mighty Member

Santa Claus should be reinstated to the Omega-level list. Hickman did him dirty.

Mighty Member

How do Omega level mutants stack up to Infinity stones/gems wielders? The stones/gems are considered to be the ultimate expression of their unique abilities so compared to an Omega who's abilities overlap who would be more powerful. Is the wielder of the Mind Stone more powerful than Jean and Quentin, is the wielder of the Power Stone more powerful than Gabriel, Magneto, Storm or Iceman and is the wielder of the Reality Stone more powerful than Proteus or Jaime. Does it come down to potential or experience? Someone holding all the stones is said to be omnipotent so I would think that a particular stone would be more than a match for an Omega provided they know how to handle the Stone well.

“One people. One tribe. One family.”

Is this phrasing dubious on purpose?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Interesting thread.

Let's talk Meggan Braddock(Gloriana), how is she not Omega(genuine question)?

Meggan VS Storm: Elemental vs Weather Manipulation feels like the difference between Telepathic and Empathic abilities. Meggan and manipulate more not just the weather.

Meggan VS Copycat/Mystique: Meggan's abilities to metamorph doesn't have the drawbacks that other seem to have namely being able to change into someone with a bigger body mass than she originally had.

In two areas, I don't think she can be matched(currently). Although I happy to be proven wrong as my knowledge is super extensive in the X-Verse.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Illyana can tp across dimensions, time and space...... she never seems to tire or show signs of strain..... she seems pretty omega to me
    There are a couple of times when Illyana has shown signs of strain from teleporting. When she accidentally teleported into the distant past in the early days she found that she couldn't teleport again for a while afterwards because her 'psychic batteries were drained.' That doesn't seem to have been an issue since she learned to control her power. In Secret Warriors she became exhausted from having done many teleportations in a very short span of time. She was still able to fight and teleport, but it was taking a toll after what seemed to be hours of constantly teleporting. And in X of Swords teleporting the entire sword station seemed to cause her physical pain. But she was still able to fight and do more large-scale teleportation afterwards.

I would agree that she fits the current definition of an omega-level mutant since her teleporting seems to be at the theoretical limit for what a non-reality-warping teleporter should be able to do. Magneto also has a point where he would start to strain himself, but he's still at the theoretical limit of what someone with his powerset could do.

If anyone is Omega teleporter, it's Gateway. Space, time, other dimensions, omnipath, doesn't even have to be there with you. Writers are sleeping on him because he doesn't have a sexy design(hence Manifold's creation). The Dreamtime stuff alone is fodder for a million stories.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member

As far as I'm aware Gateway has no feats in terms of teleportation that Magik hasn't matched or surpassed, whether it be in space, time, or to other dimensions. She also doesn't need to be in the same place as her stepping disks. In terms of speed she has him beat since she her disks are instantaneous while his portals require him to swing his bullroarer over his head. Has he ever opened dozens of gateways at once or teleported something the size of a star destroyer?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    How do Omega level mutants stack up to Infinity stones/gems wielders? The stones/gems are considered to be the ultimate expression of their unique abilities so compared to an Omega who's abilities overlap who would be more powerful. Is the wielder of the Mind Stone more powerful than Jean and Quentin, is the wielder of the Power Stone more powerful than Gabriel, Magneto, Storm or Iceman and is the wielder of the Reality Stone more powerful than Proteus or Jaime. Does it come down to potential or experience? Someone holding all the stones is said to be omnipotent so I would think that a particular stone would be more than a match for an Omega provided they know how to handle the Stone well.
    It really depends on the user, most users probably can't use the infinity gems to their full potential( there hasnt been anyone to this day who's used the gems properly, besides maybe thanos).
    Omega level mutants to me are comparable to lower gods and heralds of galactus.

BANNED

Someone wielding the reality gem may be outskilled, by a less powerful reality warper due to simple experience. Like Star was being outmatched by Wanda in her solo.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

If Wanda was still a mutant would she be an omega? What about Wiccan?

Geokinesis could be a possible omega category, with either Magma or Rictor.

Should Moira be classified as omega?

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    If Wanda was still a mutant would she be an omega? What about Wiccan?

Geokinesis could be a possible omega category, with either Magma or Rictor.

Should Moira be classified as omega?
    No to Wiccan because humans can do what Wiccan can do. Dr Strange

Geokinesis would only be omega level if they could do a planet wide Earthquakes and mountain/continent creation regardless of the size of the planet

Moria has a limit of 10 lives so no.