Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    BTW with Franklin out the picture who would y'all say is the strongest omega level mutant? And for arguments sake take the Phoenix completely out of the equation.
    Either Jamie or Gabriel.

Jamie Braddock, I guess. Jim Jaspers isn't even on the list...
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

The mutant god, Legion......also I suspect we hardly scratched the surface of what an omega level telepath is capable of, I would not count them out just yet.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Hope has power duplication already.

Gaia is someone that should be revisited
    Hope is an omega for power manipulation not duplication, which leaves that open for someone else

ETA: I see this was addressed above. Manipulation is not duplication. Her role in the Five is bc of her ability to manipulate the other 4 and allow them to work in perfect unison. Thats the best example of her omega status at work
    Last edited by Havok83; 01-17-2021 at 07:18 PM.

BANNED

Like some other aspects of the Hickman Era, the omega mutant thing is a bit overhyped. What exactly did this list accomplish? What did it change from before Hickman "defined" what an Omega mutant is?

Anyone else not think the definition of omega mutant is clear or am I the only dummy? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    also I suspect we hardly scratched the surface of what an omega level telepath is capable of,
    They are capable of eliminating the need for cell phone service.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 01-17-2021 at 07:26 PM.

Astonishing Member

Darwin and Synch after being in the vault could easily become Omegas

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Like some other aspects of the Hickman Era, the omega mutant thing is a bit overhyped. What exactly did this list accomplish? What did it change from before Hickman "defined" what an Omega mutant is?

Anyone else not think the definition of omega mutant is clear or am I the only dummy? Lol

They are capable of eliminating the need for cell phone service.
    Who needs a cell phone plan or unlimited data when you have so many telepaths on the island. The cuckoos act as extenders and Jean and Quire are wireless modems with off the chart range. Seriously, I would like to be shown and not told why Quire and Jean outclass Xavier. What does it mean? Raw power, range, skill, something else?

I think eventually we'll see the omega mutants combine their powers to do something. Jean and Quire can merge their minds, and Hope can help them work together better and the reality warpers can do something big. That was my initial theory especially if Franklin was still in the mix. Iceman can keep them from overheating lol (wasn't that his role in the Z'nox thing - one of the earlier examples of mutants using their powers in tandem).

I don't think the recent revelation about Franklin is a retcon. It feels like it was done to get a reaction out of the readers and it will be reverted once the current FF run nears its end. However the strongest omega to me is Legion in either case since the guy is basically all mutantkind rolled into one.

Mighty Member

With Mutantfacer/Mutantface Manny/Mutant Rachel Dolezal/the Pretender #2/Faking Franklin out of the picture, I say the title falls to Hope because I'm biased.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    I don't think the recent revelation about Franklin is a retcon. It feels like it was done to get a reaction out of the readers and it will be reverted once the current FF run nears its end.
    Agreed. Or sooner.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Jamie Braddock, I guess. Jim Jaspers isn't even on the list...
    I always wondered why Jim Jaspers is not considered Omega, given that in Alan Moore's stories he was shown to be much more powerful than even Jamie Braddock or Kevin McTaggert. Perhaps the fact that his current iteration is most likely some sort of mystical clone (created by Saturnyne?) disqualified him.

Rogue is sure to be omega level.

She is the perfect conduit of power.
    Better than hope synch etc.

She adapts to any power.

And also she can take energy without a clear limit, she took the power of all the heroes on the planet once and she manipulated it and transformed it into pure force.
    And she was able to take 8 billion alien minds and lives.

She can be omega in at least 3 different categories.
    Especially in co she dictated u iveesql of powers or taking of vital or mental energy.

Many of the omega have shown serious militants like hope or magneto herself. I find it ridiculous that Rogue Magik Lorna and Rachel are not on that list.

Especially Rogue who is just scratching the surface of what she can do and it is already incredible what she has shown these years

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    She is a mutant voodoo doll whose ability is to duplicate powers and boost them to the max. In this case I believe power manipulation refers to power duplication.

Otherwise Rogue would be on that list or not becausr of the Super Adaptoid

Rogue absorbed the power of every hero on earth once.
    The super adaptoid is far from being able to do that.

Also she once took billions of entities .. What if those entities had powers it translates to billions of powers.

Rogue if or if she is an omega .. Or she is by assimilation duplication of power, or through the perfect conduc of universal powers, or by taking vital energy, or take minds etc ...

She has several options to be considered omega.
    It's not confirmed yet just because hickman doesn't like her. But I hope this is resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Hope Summers IMO should not be omega level her power has a clear limitation the fact it only works with mutants I feel the character was just shoved down the X-Fans throats for years to the point if she wasn't on the list it wouldn't make sense.
    Agreed. In this point Rogue >>>>>>> Hope

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Gentle? He has a very concrete limitation and he is FAR from the strongest being in the MU

Empathy? Empaths are just weaker level telepaths. I dont think there can be one bc Jean as an omega level telepath makes that moot. She can theoretically do anything and more than someone like Empath for example who's powerset is limited to merely perceiving and manipulating emotions
    Error. Empathy and telepathy are two very different things.
    I wouldn't say that one is weaker than the other.
    Just as there are powerful telepaths, there are very weak telepaths.

Some telepaths also have empathy. Others .. Most don't.

The. Empathy is emotions .... Telapathy works on the mind, not on emotions.
    That is why Xavier was able to return the memories of Carol Danvers but not the emotions linked to those memories. Because rogue had removed those emotions.

And Xavier, not being empathic, could not return the emotions linked to those memories.The only telepath that I know is empathetic is also jean gray.