Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Her control over the weather has greatly increased since that write up. She controlled the weather over the entire planet. To my knowledge she has never dropped the temp to Absolute Zero or raised it to Solar intensity but she played within those ranges with her powers. Right now we really don't know her limits. In Black Panther she damn near beat a fleet of starships by playing havoc with their life-support systems.
    Attachment 105575
    Attachment 105576
    Thank you. I had not known/seen this before.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Also we have to remember that everyone on that list except maybe some of the reality warpers have in the past shown limits or strains to their abilities. Hickman's definition states to reach an indefinable level of a specific power to reach omega status.

I think if you can point to past showings of high power usage, it's easier to see why some characters got the omega level moniker. With Storm you can point to Roguestorm as evidence for further potential, as well as her stunts in space, particularly during the brood saga where she drew power from stars.

Quote Originally Posted by niconico00 View Post
    Rachel should be on the list, since the term Omega was originated for her by CC
    Still not sure why she didn't make the list. I always assumed Rachel was on her mom's level when it came to powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Also we have to remember that everyone on that list except maybe some of the reality warpers have in the past shown limits or strains to their abilities. Hickman's definition states to reach an indefinable level of a specific power to reach omega status.

I think if you can point to past showings of high power usage, it's easier to see why some characters got the omega level moniker. With Storm you can point to Roguestorm as evidence for further potential, as well as her stunts in space, particularly during the brood saga where she drew power from stars.
    True. Storm, Magneto and Iceman have been playing in the Omega ballpark for years.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Still not sure why she didn't make the list. I always assumed Rachel was on her mom's level when it came to powers.

True. Storm, Magneto and Iceman have been playing in the Omega ballpark for years.
    I do not believe Rachel is as strong as Jean in the power department. However, Rachel is still extremely powerful. Psylocke has also increased in power over the years and is very powerful.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I do not believe Rachel is as strong as Jean in the power department. However, Rachel is still extremely powerful. Psylocke has also increased in power over the years and is very powerful.
    IMHO, I think it more skill than power when it comes to Jean and Rachel.

I think Jean's mental skill level is only second to Professor X and while Rachel's potential equals Jean's, she lacks her mom's control.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    This Omega definition is so jarring. What if, your non-dominant power is also greater than others who use that same or similar power? Does it not count then? That doesn't make sense! It seems like adeptness(or ability to use your powers) plays a big part in whether your Omega or not. On one hand you have the Storm comparison, Nature Manipulation(Meggan) vs Weather Manipulation(Storm) where Nature Manipulation is a greater ability than Weather Manipulation, but because Storm is more adept at Weather Manipulation(which is a subset of Nature Manipulation) she get Omega status? That doesn't make sense. On the other hand you have the Copycat/Mystique where Meggan has been shown to have greater abilities than the pair, does this make her Omega? No, of course not!

None of this is about who is stronger, or Omega vs Alpha etc etc. It's about consistency and creating a definition that scales, make sense regardless of the situation/circumstances.
    just wanted to clarify ororo is not solely a weather manipulator. she actually manipulates energy resulting in weather phenomena.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    just wanted to clarify ororo is not solely a weather manipulator. she actually manipulates energy resulting in weather phenomena.
    Yet hickman was very clear and specific, her omega power is weather manipulation, she is not vulcan nor should she be imo
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Yet hickman was very clear and specific, her omega power is weather manipulation, she is not vulcan nor should she be imo

so I guess jean only is a telepath??? since she is an omega telepath which Hickman was very clear and specific in the regard.

also canon dictates my thoughts not my preference

Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-01-2021 at 06:28 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

so I guess jean only is a telepath??? since she is an omega telepath.
    She's not but that is the specific power that she is omega for, which is bullsh-t but thats what Hickman is telling us. Under his writing its specifically Storm's ability to manipulate weather which makes her an omega. She may manipulate energy but Vulcan easily trumps her which is why he gets that status and not her for that skill

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She's not but that is the specific power that she is omega for, which is bullsh-t but thats what Hickman is telling us. Under his writing its specifically Storm's ability to manipulate weather which makes her an omega. She may manipulate energy but Vulcan easily trumps her which is why he gets that status and not her for that skill
    That’s exactly what I meant thank you.
    As a sky goddes it seems just about right that Ororo maximum potential is expressed in such a fashion.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I know I just wanted to call to the erroneous rationale with said statement. also, I never once said her energy manipulation trumped vulcan. my only statement was that she is an energy manipulator if we look at specifically how her powers function.

I know I just wanted to call to the erroneous rationale with said statement. also, I never once said her energy manipulation trumped vulcan. my only statement was that she is an energy manipulator if we look at specifically how her powers function.
    I was referring to the omega expression of her power, not her mutant gift in its entirety.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I was referring to the omega expression of her power, not her mutant gift in its entirety.
    oh gotcha!!!

Astonishing Member

Possibly but for the example I mentioned, said mutant would need to be able to do at least what Wanda did in deciMation. She shut off the powers of not only the majority of mutants on Earth, but her reach extended to multiple alternate realities. Right now that is the ceiling for power dampening. The range and scope here are far beyond any mutant who has power dampening as their skill and none has shown to even have immeasurable potential

IDA that every power has the potential to be considered omega. Like how could Ugly John, the mutant with 3 faces from E is for Extinction be an omega

The fact that you can count his faces is a clear limit and a mutant with the same ability would need to have an unlimited number of faces which seems improbably
    Agree with Ugly John but only in as far as making ugliness his power.Then narrowing down 'ugliness' to the number of faces on the body..which would exclude people like eye boy or emplate.This being fiction who knows maybe there could be a mutant who generates any visage they want so Ugly John may not be the ugliest but I get your thinking, it's hard to imagine a mutant being able to do what Wanda did and even if one exists, he/she simply hasn't exercised their Omega potential coz if they did all X-Men would be regular humans ,if the reach was global.It is a power that is not depicted and probably wont ever be to such a scale coz it breaks the very appeal or tenet of mutantdom
    Last edited by Rev9; 02-02-2021 at 12:02 AM.

BANNED

You know telepathy is not just mind reading or communication. But a whole host of other abilities such as mind control, illusion casting, empathy etc. Jean is an omega telepath so she has all these abilities to an unknown degree.