Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

My choice is Marvel

BANNED

I`d have give the edge to Marvel just based on the Cosmic Entities (Eternity, Death, Living Tribunal, Galactus and such). The New Gods just don't measure up.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Marvel pretty much wins everything. Generally, Marvel treats the future as it is supposed to be treated -- irrelevant.

And tbh, LSH has generally sucked for decades, and I'm skeptical it was ever much good in the first place. The only cosmic thing of DC I ever enjoyed was the GLC, and that's in ruin right now like everything else of DC's.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

Classic LoSH is something I'd like to dive into at some point, I've read a couple of stories but they were later in the Levitz/Giffen run so feel like I might be missing some things. From what I gather (though speaking in near total ignorance, insight from a fan of the series or someone who's at least read most/all of them would be delightful), it was a lot like Claremont's X-Men or the Perez Teen Titans in that characters and their personalities were as much of a focus as the powers and superheroics. Some of those costumes were pretty neat as well.

As to relevancy, I think part of the thing that drew me to the cosmic side of thing was its general irrelevancy (crossover events aside) from the rest of the universe. Setting things in space, or the future, or an alternate dimension never mattered to me. If the story was interesting it could exist in only its own corner of a larger universe and I wouldn't care a bit. And not having to buy four different titles to figure out what just happened was a plus.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Marvel pretty much wins everything. Generally, Marvel treats the future as it is supposed to be treated -- irrelevant.
    Marvel gave a cosmic future-verse a go with the original GotG, twice, but it never really took.

It was close in the past but it is Marvel now by far thanks to GoTG, Captain Marvel and Avengers movies. The base of what Marvel is doing is now better even though DC has Green Lanterns Corps and Kryptonians , and it should be more closer because of those two things.I can't help think that FF, Secret Invasion and Eternals are only going to making it worse for DC.