Page 218 of 283 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    For all the complaints you post, there are literally thousands of positive social media posts. So it's not nearly as dour as you put across.
    As you know, I totally trust you when it comes to social media posts. I'm not on social media, so I'm really happy that the responses there have been overwhelmingly positive. You must believe me when I say that. I guess the other forums I lurk on are a little bit more pessimistic about Wanda's potential future in the MCU and it's influencing me to a certain extent? I do apologize if I sound dour. My beef is that folks here (not you and CJStriker) tell me WandaVision is not about mental health (even though Olsen explicitly stated in the NY Times that it was), that collateral damage in fictional cities shouldn't matter (even though the MCU devoted an entire film to that very subject), and that my morals are somehow warped because I allegedly don't care about Hawkeye's, Black Widow's and the Winter Soldier's crimes while I do Wanda's (totally not true. I still think those characters have a lot to answer for regarding their previous actions and they should be addressed in their movies and shows). I guess I'm closer to gurkle and leokearon when it comes to these moral and ethical issues. I'm happy Wanda is more popular than ever. But I want it to be for the right reasons too. If this show is about dealing with depression and mental health, I just don't think it's right for her to hole up in some cabin learning dark magic after what happened in Westview, you know? She's got friends in what's left of the Avengers. I would much prefer she go see Stephen Strange immediately. That she isn't doing so makes me uneasy about what kind of stupid things she will do in the future. I'm certain Wanda won't become a villain in the MCU, but I disliked how WandaVision kept toying with the notion of making Wanda a hero AND a villain throughout the show. It was really confusing to me. At first I thought it was because of the surreal nature of the Hex. Now I think it's because Marvel Studios couldn't make up their damn minds on what kind of character Wanda was gonna be. Now it's VERY possible Strange will have to "fix" her mistakes just like in the comic books. Which is an outcome I would not prefer. As you know, I REALLY don't like what Monica said to Wanda at the end of Episode 9. The Scarlet Witch was clearly in distress and she just let her go on her merry way. It felt like the show was treating its audience like they're fucking stupid in that last episode. The series should have let us come to our own moral conclusions about what happened in Westview, instead we get a ham-fisted line from Rambeau about "sacrifice." I wasn't mad or anything. I just thought it was lame. But I totally agree with you about future MCU movies and shows giving Wanda a chance to "redeem" herself. I would have liked to skip ANOTHER redemption arc for Wanda, but apparently Disney is all in on this kind of thing when it comes to the Scarlet Witch. As badly as Wanda behaved in AoU, she still helped the Avengers before that movie concluded. Hopefully what happened in Westview won't be swept under the rug. Look, for all our disagreements about what happened in WandaVision, I must say our debates about morality and ethics in that show are truly elevating the conversations in these threads. It's been AMAZING! I think we've all learned a lot from them. I know I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    As you know, I totally trust you when it comes to social media posts. I'm not on social media, so I'm really happy that the responses there have been overwhelmingly positive. You must believe me when I say that. I guess the other forums I lurk on are a little bit more pessimistic about Wanda's potential future in the MCU and it's influencing me to a certain extent? I do apologize if I sound dour. My beef is that folks here (not you and CJStriker) tell me WandaVision is not about mental health (even though Olsen explicitly stated in the NY Times that it was), that collateral damage in fictional cities shouldn't matter (even though the MCU devoted an entire film to that very subject), and that my morals are somehow warped because I allegedly don't care about Hawkeye's, Black Widow's and the Winter Soldier's crimes while I do Wanda's (totally not true. I still think those characters have a lot to answer for regarding their previous actions and they should be addressed in their movies and shows). I guess I'm closer to gurkle and leokearon when it comes to these moral and ethical issues. I'm happy Wanda is more popular than ever. But I want it to be for the right reasons too. If this show is about dealing with depression and mental health, I just don't think it's right for her to hole up in some cabin learning dark magic after what happened in Westview, you know? She's got friends in what's left of the Avengers. I would much prefer she go see Stephen Strange immediately. That she isn't doing so makes me uneasy about what kind of stupid things she will do in the future. I'm certain Wanda won't become a villain in the MCU, but I disliked how WandaVision kept toying with the notion of making Wanda a hero AND a villain throughout the show. It was really confusing to me. At first I thought it was because of the surreal nature of the Hex. Now I think it's because Marvel Studios couldn't make up their damn minds on what kind of character Wanda was gonna be. Now it's VERY possible Strange will have to "fix" her mistakes just like in the comic books. Which is an outcome I would not prefer. As you know, I REALLY don't like what Monica said to Wanda at the end of Episode 9. The Scarlet Witch was clearly in distress and she just let her go on her merry way. It felt like the show was treating its audience like they're fucking stupid in that last episode. The series should have let us come to our own moral conclusions about what happened in Westview, instead we get a ham-fisted line from Rambeau about "sacrifice." I wasn't mad or anything. I just thought it was lame. But I totally agree with you about future MCU movies and shows giving Wanda a chance to "redeem" herself. I would have liked to skip ANOTHER redemption arc for Wanda, but apparently Disney is all in on this kind of thing when it comes to the Scarlet Witch. As badly as Wanda behaved in AoU, she still helped the Avengers before that movie concluded. Hopefully what happened in Westview won't be swept under the rug. Look, for all our disagreements about what happened in WandaVision, I must say our debates about morality and ethics in that show are truly elevating the conversations in these threads. It's been AMAZING! I think we've all learned a lot from them. I know I have.
    Well again, the ending of the show needs to stop being treated like the end of her story. It's only part of the journey and every interview with director has outright said that. Finally Wanda is more popular than she's ever been so a few haters are not gonna shake me. I'm gonna ride this coaster for as long as it lasts. And as soon as my credit allows me, go and buy up all the merch.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Well again, the ending of the show needs to stop being treated like the end of her story. It's only part of the journey and every interview with director has outright said that. Finally Wanda is more popular than she's ever been so a few haters are not gonna shake me. I'm gonna ride this coaster for as long as it lasts. And as soon as my credit allows me, go and buy up all the merch.
    Good attitude. Very positive. At least she's not nearly as controversial as Meghan Markle is!
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-08-2021 at 01:40 PM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Just wanted to drop in and say I loved the finale. It made me remember why I loved Wanda and Vision as a couple. I'm kind of torn about Agatha Harkness. She wasn't anything at all like the comics, and didn't like that, but the character was a lot of fun in the show -- had she been named something else, I would unreserveredly love her. There were a few loose ends or unclear motivations, but over all, I really enjoyed the show.
    Thanks Reviresco, Glad it reminded you Why you loved Wanda and Vision’s relationship so much, it did the same for me and Allot of others that watched it!

They are by what it looks like the Sweetheart couple of Marvel right now!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Quite possibly. If they had done that, maybe Wanda wouldn't have come out of the show looking so bad (in my humble opinion). I think rushing the ending (which I feared was gonna happen), just made the finale a MESS. Definitely didn't ruin the show for me, but I was disappointed. I mean I read a comment from a wife of somebody who is a HUGE MCU nerd saying stuff like:

"So she kidnapped and tortured a town because she was sad and the cop lady is like "I would have done it too"?"
    "Is that really the last thing you want to say to your imaginary kids before they dissolve?"
    "Runes!"
    "I don't want another show about side characters"

And these complaints were JUST about Episode 9, so I assume she enjoyed the previous eight.
    So what ? I could tell you the positive reviews from actual viewers outpace the the negatives 10 to 1 but at the end of the day who cares, why should we worry about something someone wrote somewhere else? Did you like it? If yes good for you, if not better luck next time.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I enjoyed it immensely, except for the rushed ending. I don't go on social media, so I wasn't aware of the positive reviews there. I'm glad that they were great!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Honestly it reminds me of how Ebony can transform into a panther.
    I would imagine the rabbit transforming into a N'Garai, the lesser demon/Elder Spawn created by Chthon.
    Matt says Scratchy is her ''familiar'', so I guess that was basically their intention: to make Scratchy be a substitute of Ebony. I wish they would've just used Ebony in the first place, but I guess using a bunny called Scratchy was probably a part of their easter-egg/red herring agenda to make people speculate. If it was just a black cat named Ebony, people would know exactly what it was. But I still hope we get Ebony someday in the MCU. Maybe he could be Wanda's or Billy's familiar in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    So what ? I could tell you the positive reviews from actual viewers outpace the the negatives 10 to 1 but at the end of the day who cares, why should we worry about something someone wrote somewhere else? Did you like it? If yes good for you, if not better luck next time.
    Oh, I did enjoy WandaVision. I liked how they introduced "real" magic into the MCU. I liked the deep dives into the characters that we never got in the movies. And I liked the intro theme songs a great deal. The humor was pretty good too. So I would give it a solid 7/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Matt says Scratchy is her ''familiar'', so I guess that was basically their intention: to make Scratchy be a substitute of Ebony. I wish they would've just used Ebony in the first place, but I guess using a bunny called Scratchy was probably a part of their easter-egg/red herring agenda to make people speculate. If it was just a black cat named Ebony, people would know exactly what it was. But I still hope we get Ebony someday in the MCU. Maybe he could be Wanda's or Billy's familiar in the future.
    We lost a lot because of pandemic:

Culture Crave
    @CultureCrave

New #WandaVision details from Matt Shakman

• At one point there were 10 episodes
    • Señor Scratchy was going to be a demon
    • Monica originally had a bigger role in finale
    • Some CGI in finale was off because of pandemic
    • Aerospace engineer was not supposed to be a big deal

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    If people still don't understand what happened, their review is not valued

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post

Culture Crave
    @CultureCrave

I wish Monica did more. I'd also like to see the demon!

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I wish Monica did more. I'd also like to see the demon!
    Yes! Wanted to see that too, I bet it would be hilarious

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

https://www.gamesradar.com/wandavisi...ck-for-months/

WandaVision outsold.... literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Marvel COMICS.........You all BETTER Be Taking down Notes RIGHT NOW!

The Scarlet Witch and Vision SELLS COMICS!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post

Culture Crave
    @CultureCrave

I get people overhyping the littlest things but the way they framed the engineer really felt like they were setting up a reveal of a name from the comics.

Smile

This was Lovely to know where the music came From!