Page 271 of 283 FirstFirst ... 171221261267268269270271272273274275281 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,065 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The difference between how they treated Wanda and how they treated Cap and Tony is they were defined as heroes before they had them mess up. They had their solos that cemented them in the heroic column. And a few of them at that.

Wanda has had background appearances and a show that pegs her as a gray character. Not much heroics in the middle of that.

I'm not really worried about the public loving her. I'm worried that Marvel over the years lost the message and the point of the character.

It does seem close to Hulk, but then they had Hulk do basically nothing after that, lol.

I hope it's better than Hulk, and that they have her be a hero from here on out.
    That is the whole Moral then to Marvel the Comics division mostly, they are not just some island that can do whatever they choose and ignore where the winds are going now. They may of had excustions that they worry Wanda was not known enought or could not sell enought, blah, Blah, the excustions are now more older then ever.

As a LCS owner told me, they are in the business of making Money and Wanda has now made that money thanks to WandaVision giving that push. It should not have taken that to do so, but Marvel will always have excuses to give and now they run out.

Anything after this is just faulty drifting and not seizing the moment and they should be called on for it.

They have the Darkhold coming out but that should just be the leaping board and just the Water given to your dinner table level of what should be to come. How they handle her is the question, but now that more of the eyes of the world are on them and I am sure Disney might be too given what marketing they can do with Wanda, they need to think more now then just rehasing HoM outcom stories to much anymore.

As for the MCU, Yea Wanda as a 2-3rd Tier character given just to more then enought moments to evovle her characters, but now that Ceiling is Broken like dust, she has the ablity and the showing now to be beyond 2nd tier into 1st placers and maybe to the top tier, I think Fiegh and the MCU might have been going for that, WandaVision was their test grounds for her and that succeded by their scopes.

So NOW what they do with her is in their ballcourt. It is not giving them blank trust, but they have a cleaner record of postive for their heroes even threw darkness then the comics do, it just shows what they will decided next. But the Reaction by the public should now give them pause to re-think and be certain to take a more postive and ever increasing postive role for her in the MCU GOING Forward.

That should be the hope and the likely reaction if they want to make more of an impact and money.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Ultimate Member

That and that they needed a shift in comics. And saw her as the way to do it. Unfortunately it was in that era where treating women as accessories like that was still acceptable. It was the era of Sue Dibny and comics were tremendously gross.
    It's weird how she was better treated, in some ways, during a generally more sexist era.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    It's weird how she was better treated, in some ways, during a generally more sexist era.
    Yeah it's odd. Silver and bronze ages were good to her up to Darker than Scarlet, and even after that. They repaired that quickly and she went on to lead teams. 2000s seemed to take the cynical, edgy pov that started in the 80s and amp it up to 11.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Yeah it's odd. Silver and bronze ages were good to her up to Darker than Scarlet, and even after that. They repaired that quickly and she went on to lead teams. 2000s seemed to take the cynical, edgy pov that started in the 80s and amp it up to 11.
    And it still hasn't entirely been fixed

Extraordinary Member

The difference between how they treated Wanda and how they treated Cap and Tony is they were defined as heroes before they had them mess up. They had their solos that cemented them in the heroic column. And a few of them at that.

Wanda has had background appearances and a show that pegs her as a gray character. Not much heroics in the middle of that.

I'm not really worried about the public loving her. I'm worried that Marvel over the years lost the message and the point of the character.
    Agreed, though it does seem more and more like this whole phase of the MCU is based around the idea that it's a more complicated world now that the original heroes are mostly gone, and everything is morally gray now. It's not just WandaVision. Falcon & Winter Soldier (which was supposed to kick things off) is about this, then the next show is for Loki, an anti-hero at best, and then Hawkeye, who reacted to his own grief and loss by becoming a murderer. Depressing/bleak stories were in fashion even before the pandemic, and it feels like Feige is doing a lot of anti-hero stuff, where the good guys and bad guys aren't as clear as they used to be, while introducing characters like Monica and Kamala and maybe Kate Bishop who are less cynical.

Basically, if it turns out that Wanda's fall from grace is part of a larger pattern in the MCU then I'll accept that. If it turns out she's worse than the other heroes or at least does worse things, then that won't be so hot. I hope she's still around when the optimism returns to the MCU instead of just getting darker and darker.
    Last edited by gurkle; 04-11-2021 at 08:19 PM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Longer version with full dance.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Agreed, though it does seem more and more like this whole phase of the MCU is based around the idea that it's a more complicated world now that the original heroes are mostly gone, and everything is morally gray now. It's not just WandaVision. Falcon & Winter Soldier (which was supposed to kick things off) is about this, then the next show is for Loki, an anti-hero at best, and then Hawkeye, who reacted to his own grief and loss by becoming a murderer. Depressing/bleak stories were in fashion even before the pandemic, and it feels like Feige is doing a lot of anti-hero stuff, where the good guys and bad guys aren't as clear as they used to be, while introducing characters like Monica and Kamala and maybe Kate Bishop who are less cynical.

Basically, if it turns out that Wanda's fall from grace is part of a larger pattern in the MCU then I'll accept that. If it turns out she's worse than the other heroes or at least does worse things, then that won't be so hot. I hope she's still around when the optimism returns to the MCU instead of just getting darker and darker.
    i still don't get how Clint is just allowed to walk around freely after murdering people

i still don't get how Clint is just allowed to walk around freely after murdering people
    Renner said his show is supposed to go into the Ronin stuff. Maybe they'll bother to go into that whole issue.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Renner said his show is supposed to go into the Ronin stuff. Maybe they'll bother to go into that whole issue.
    I'd hope so.

Extraordinary Member

At this point I think it would be easier to make a list of Avengers who shouldn't be in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    At this point I think it would be easier to make a list of Avengers who shouldn't be in jail.
    Okoye & Mantis are like the only 2 I can think of who have committed no actual crimes in the MCU.

A poll

3. Which was an odder decision, not having a Supergirl comic book series when Supergirl's TV show debuted or not having Vision or Scarlet Witch in an ongoing comic of any sort when #WandaVision debuted? #csbgpoll

Supergirl 55.7%

Vision/Scarlet Witch 44.3%

Another one

15. Do you think that Scarlet Witch and Vision should be a couple in the comics? #csbgpoll

Yes 72.6%

No 27.4%
    Last edited by Witchfan; 04-12-2021 at 09:32 AM.

Amazing Member

I think she will be conscious not to do harm to any non-powered civilian innocent. If you're a villain or hero that gets in the way, all bets may be off.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lou_Kayge View Post
    I think she will be conscious not to do harm to any non-powered civilian innocent. If you're a villain or hero that gets in the way, all bets may be off.
    Makes me wonder how long it'll take before she and Strange will actively get along (considering Strange, maybe never!)

Amazing Member

I think she will. There's evidence that after Lagos, she went out of her way to not cut loose with her power unless she's facing metahumans. She was the MVP in Infinity War, especially in Wakanda. While she may have done psychic damage to people in WandaVision(as did Heyward-to her), she was extremely careful about physically harming innocents. Even when she broke the glass at S.WO.R.D. headquarters, she was more in danger of cutting herself than the folks working on Vision. She showed restraint when leaving, and again in episode 9, when she used he tk to land the soldiers safely. Steve Rogers' influence is still there somewhere.