Page 201 of 283 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Not how logic works. That's a classic fallacy called "disproving a negative"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burden...ing_a_negative

The next Thanos of the MCU is not gonna debut in a Disney+ show, or Ant-Man 3, lol.

I like superhero comics as entertainment but if I were to name comics I consider the best of their medium in terms of craft it will mostly be stuff like Will Eisner, Art Spiegelman, Robert Crumb, Alan Moore (his non-superhero stuff), Walt Kelly, George Herriman, Carl Barks.

I like TV shows like LOST or Friends but if I were to name the best artistic TV shows in the respective dramatic or comedic genres it will be Twin Peaks, The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, The Simpsons, Futurama, Monty Python.

WandaVision and most MCU are well made entertainment but it's being written or talked about by fans as something other than conventional straightforward entertainment.

The MCU wholeheartedly likes comics and likes to tell those stories straight.
    MCU doesnt tell comics storis straight

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I mean this is a fact but it's still a plot hole lol
    Yeah but his corpse had like a dozen holes already, what's one more on a dead character? (dead in every sense/medium)

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    What about his relationship with Wanda? Wasn't he married into the Inhuman royal family once?
    **** is Luna even alive I thought the Inhumans were dead? Either way Pietro is truly fucked I wish ATJ had returned to play the role that would have been better than the Meta joke of casting Evan Peter as Ralph Boner, and could have sparked something for Pietro cause right now he's just a trash father, with daddy issues over a man who's no longer his daddy, with a sister who barely acknowledges his existence, now if anyone needs to be a mutant it's him! He doesn't even get the Pretender Clout Wanda gets he's fucked!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    MCU doesnt tell comics storis straight
    MCU isn't Logan, it isn't Batman Returns, it's not trying to deconstruct superheroes. It's doing straightforward good-v.-evil superhero stories about punching things with some melodrama sprinkled around of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Yeah but his corpse had like a dozen holes already, what's one more on a dead character? (dead in every sense/medium)
    Lmao u right **** that's tragic when you put it that way the 10 year old nephew was able to stop bullets and uncle couldn't that's tragic, he's so fucked as a character.

Ultimate Member

**** is Luna even alive I thought the Inhumans were dead? Either way Pietro is truly fucked I wish ATJ had returned to play the role that would have been better than the Meta joke of casting Evan Peter as Ralph Boner, and could have sparked something for Pietro cause right now he's just a trash father, with daddy issues over a man who's no longer his daddy, with a sister who barely acknowledges his existence, now if anyone needs to be a mutant it's him! He doesn't even get the Pretender Clout Wanda gets he's fucked!!!
    Well, I wish Quicksilver survived in the MCU too. I don't know where his daughter is.

BANNED

**** is Luna even alive I thought the Inhumans were dead? Either way Pietro is truly fucked I wish ATJ had returned to play the role that would have been better than the Meta joke of casting Evan Peter as Ralph Boner, and could have sparked something for Pietro cause right he now he's just a trash father, with daddy issues over a man who's no longer his daddy, with a sister who barely acknowledges his existence now anyone needs to be a mutant it's him!
    the inhumans are dead in every sense of the word in a narrative sense.
    we have northstar, quicksilver as a mutant is redudant.
    Maybe he and crystal can get together again and she can cheat on him again with their next door neighbor in Permenantcomiclimbotopia
    Last edited by Ferro; 03-06-2021 at 07:47 PM.

Not how logic works. That's a classic fallacy called "disproving a negative"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burden...ing_a_negative

The next Thanos of the MCU is not gonna debut in a Disney+ show, or Ant-Man 3, lol.

I like superhero comics as entertainment but if I were to name comics I consider the best of their medium in terms of craft it will mostly be stuff like Will Eisner, Art Spiegelman, Robert Crumb, Alan Moore (his non-superhero stuff), Walt Kelly, George Herriman, Carl Barks.

I like TV shows like LOST or Friends but if I were to name the best artistic TV shows in the respective dramatic or comedic genres it will be Twin Peaks, The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, The Simpsons, Futurama, Monty Python.

WandaVision and most MCU are well made entertainment but it's being written or talked about by fans as something other than conventional straightforward entertainment.

The MCU wholeheartedly likes comics and likes to tell those stories straight.
    Yeah, those are all pretty quality shows. I don't think it's fair to compare MCU and DCEU stuff with Twin Peaks, the Sopranos, the Wire and Mad Men. Or even Law & Order and Star Trek. I enjoyed the Simpsons from the 90s and the sitcoms of that era. I think the MCU makes very interesting products, but I do enjoy my TCM and PBS as well. I can't live without those two that's for sure!

MCU isn't Logan, it isn't Batman Returns, it's not trying to deconstruct superheroes. It's doing straightforward good-v.-evil superhero stories about punching things with some melodrama sprinkled around of course.
    Civil war on MCu is very different from comics, age of ultron is very different from the comics, Hela is Thor's sister

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    What about his relationship with Wanda? Wasn't he married into the Inhuman royal family once?
    Pietro was the inhumans' prince from the 70's to the 90's, and was involved with them a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    But she is growing. First step is learn about her powers, so accidents like westview doesn't happen. She never wanted to torture them

why not? there is nothing stop them, except that Magneto isnt the father
    When you hurt other people the right thing to do is try to help make it right, regardless of if it was "an accident" or not. Even if it's hard. Even if they might not forgive you at the end. You don't do it for forgiveness, you do it because it's your responsibility. And Wanda didn't even come close to doing that. And I think that's disappointing. But I never thought she should have been put in that position in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    the inhumans are dead in every sense of the word in a narrative sense.
    we have northstar, quicksilver as a mutant is redudant.
    Maybe he and crystal can get together again and she can cheat on him again with their next door neighbor in Permenantcomiclimbotopia
    I know almost everyone wants nothing but perfection from their Marvel characters, but Pietro and Crystal's relationship was one of the most interesting ones in comics, particularly for it's flaws.

Here's a quote that I largely agree with about WandaVision:

"My ultimate frustration with this whole thing is that the conflict with Agatha amounted to some exposition about "the Scarlet Witch" and "my red lasers are better than your purple lasers." That's it. Episode 8 with her dragging Wanda through her memories was cool, I wanted to see that taken further. These dreams collapsing in on themselves, Wanda's fantasies turned to nightmares. A fully realized externalization of Wanda's internal conflict. And we kinda get it with the scene in the town square, and the citizens begging for their lives, surrounding her. But i wanted more of that. I wanted Wanda vs. Agatha to be closer to Vision's conversation with himself than just a big flashy throwdown (that ultimately wasn't all that interesting to look at). Like I really don't give a **** about the theories around Mephisto or Doctor Strange or whatever. But this was their shot to do something more thematically resonant than they do with the movies, was really teed up to be something more personal, and it really didn't capitalize on it. It had moments that worked, but only moments."

There was a lot of good stuff in the finale to be sure, but I think some non-MCU fans who got invested in the show would have been disappointed with its resolution. If they had just stuck to the personal stuff, I believe WandaVision could have been the most unique and original superhero project ever. And they were SO close to achieving that too.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post

"My ultimate frustration with this whole thing is that the conflict with Agatha amounted to some exposition about "the Scarlet Witch" and "my red lasers are better than your purple lasers." That's it. Episode 8 with her dragging Wanda through her memories was cool, I wanted to see that taken further. These dreams collapsing in on themselves, Wanda's fantasies turned to nightmares. A fully realized externalization of Wanda's internal conflict. And we kinda get it with the scene in the town square, and the citizens begging for their lives, surrounding her. But i wanted more of that. I wanted Wanda vs. Agatha to be closer to Vision's conversation with himself than just a big flashy throwdown (that ultimately wasn't all that interesting to look at). Like I really don't give a **** about the theories around Mephisto or Doctor Strange or whatever. But this was their shot to do something more thematically resonant than they do with the movies, was really teed up to be something more personal, and it really didn't capitalize on it. It had moments that worked, but only moments."

There was a lot of good stuff in the finale to be sure, but I think some non-MCU fans who got invested in the show would have been disappointed with its resolution. If they had just stuck to the personal stuff, I believe WandaVision could have been the most unique and original superhero project ever. And they were SO close to achieving that too.
    Well, I think you could be right, but I have wanted to see Vision actually have a cool fight scene.

I think fewer people would be disappointed if there was more of a quiet epilogue

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post

There's a lot of people that are complaining that it was too Wanda centric for the first MCU show ever. They wanted this show to be a segue to Doctor Strange 2, but all they got was a story about Wanda. I think this will set the tone and expectations for the next series. If we're honest, white Vision and Monica Rambeau, which was the best character after Wanda, were shoved into the show as far as story telling goes, but it works when you remember "it all has to be connected." It's a Hollywood product, not an indie comic. They did good given the circumstances.