Page 214 of 283 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224264 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

BANNED

on a positive note:
    I loveeeed how magical it was, see i hate mcu drstrange's whole "kung fu dr who" nonsense with too much near scientific drival, dull colours and overuse of mandalas and lame overfocus on orientalism that felt like closer to over the top scifi than the dark fantasy I like dr strange for, don't get me started on asgard either!
    But this!
    Agatha looking like a witch with both of them with witchy witching powers was great and super refreshing, wanda's costume, the darkhold, the runes.

Not a single shred of "theres tots a scientific explanation over-complicated one!" in sight
    Last edited by Ferro; 03-07-2021 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Really it is not and you are right, Like I said in early posts Debate is good and it is what we do here , My point was just wanting to make sure we don't get TOO sucked into it and I have found to much over the years and it seems at times with these debates too that to much of it makes some get upset or thinking this is the center of how most are seeing this project when it is not.

It is more of a realization of the world around us I just like to remind us of so one does not get to sucked in.
    But getting sucked into it is fun! We're going over the writing of WandaVision with a fine-tooth comb. It's gonna be a while before we get new Wanda content, so let's talk some ****. I consider our conversations to be the most sophisticated in all of the CBR forums. Why do you think they garner so many views and comments? We must be doing something right!

And no, I don't think the MCU has any intention of putting Wanda's head on a pike. I'm not worried about that. I just wish she could be portrayed like she was during the last two Avengers movies. A true hero!
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-07-2021 at 09:25 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    on a positive note:
    I loveeeed how magical it was, see i hate mcu drstrange's whole "kung fu dr who" nonsense with too much near scientific drival, dull colours and overuse of mandalas and lame overfocus on orientalism that felt like closer to over the top scifi than the dark fantasy I like dr strange for, don't get me started on asgard either!
    But this!
    Agatha looking like a witch with both of them with witchy witching powers was great and super refreshing, wanda's costume, the darkhold, the runes.

Not a single shred of "theres tots a scientific explanation over-complicated one!" in sight
    Yeah, that was fun. I have no optimism about how she'll be portrayed in Strange's sequel, but the contrast between Wanda's campy old-fashioned witch magic and Strange's more respectable semi-scientific magic could be fun if they play it up. If.

Extraordinary Member

on a positive note:
    But this!

They also fixed the pseudo-science explanation of Darkhold shown in AoS and Runaways.(Especially Runaways.)

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I'm sorry if you think I'm beating a dead horse. I really am. And I REALLY hope they address Westview in future projects. But I think I've been relatively fair in my analysis? WandaVision has actually made me ACTIVELY despise SWORD and I hope to never see and hear from them EVER again. They literally added NOTHING to WandaVision and I would have cut them out of the story completely. I really enjoyed Monica in the first few episodes. She was "fake" but charming. Very sympathetic. Then after Episode 3 she was set up as the heroic audience surrogate. It was just so rushed and I felt it to be quite inauthentic. That she handwaved Wanda's actions without much of a thought for the people she harmed was jarring, to say the least (to me). And it actually made me less excited for a Monica story, moving forward. If she's going to be this feckless.
    I'm not hating on SWORD. I don't even hate Hayward, because I feel like he's this universe's Gyrich and will be used in some interesting stories. SWORD could become lead by Monica and have some amazing stories themselves. I'm considering things on what it could bring on in future phases.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    They also fixed the pseudo-science explanation of Darkhold shown in AoS and Runaways.(Especially Runaways.)
    see I hated that the mcu up to this point always presented magic with a "there's a scientific definition/explanation for this teehee", im STILL anoyed at the eye of agamoto

on a positive note:
    But this!

It was a very anime power up moment. Which is why I think I really like it. It's tapping into something really popular. It freshens up her origin for newer generations.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    She wasn't herself. She bewitched herself to that point. It was clearly wrong, because it is like wake up someone sleepwalking.
    It'sa mental health issue, not a cop issue
    And how was Hayward supposed to know that? When she came out, she looked like she was compltely aware and control of all of what she was doing. She was a threat

The main goal of S.W.O.R.D. was to save all the innocent people in Westview, whom Wanda had enslaved in her nightmare. Wanda was dangerous and unforutnately for her, her trauma didnt trump theirs

I'm sorry if you think I'm beating a dead horse. I really am. And I REALLY hope they address Westview in future projects. But I think I've been relatively fair in my analysis? WandaVision has actually made me ACTIVELY despise SWORD and I hope to never see and hear from them EVER again. They literally added NOTHING to WandaVision and I would have cut them out of the story completely. I really enjoyed Monica in the first few episodes. She was "fake" but charming. Very sympathetic. Then after Episode 3 she was set up as the heroic audience surrogate. It was just so rushed and I felt it to be quite inauthentic. That she handwaved Wanda's actions without much of a thought for the people she harmed was jarring, to say the least (to me). And it actually made me less excited for a Monica story, moving forward. If she's going to be this feckless.
    Well I dont think you have much of a story without SWORD. They were a pretty essential component of this series
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-07-2021 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'm not hating on SWORD. I don't even hate Hayward, because I feel like he's this universe's Gyrich and will be used in some interesting stories. SWORD could become lead by Monica and have some amazing stories themselves. I'm considering things on what it could bring on in future phases.
    I AM hating on SWORD. I CAN'T hate Hayward. He was a cartoon villain. If he had had a mustache, he probably would have been twirling it. Easily the worst portrayed villain in MCU history and that's saying a LOT. I feel bad for Stamberg. He did the best he could with the material he was given. I mean, shooting at kids? Come on! He was comically evil. I also felt WandaVision was the wrong place to introduce Monica Rambeau. I don't think Spectrum's powers were introduced in a cool way. It felt kind of underwhelming/cheap honestly. I almost laughed when she was entering the Hex and those voices were in her head encouraging her. It didn't feel dramatic enough like Wanda's and Vision's debuts. Wanda's fight with Vision once he realizes what's going on is definitely my favorite scene in this series and probably a contender for one of the best scenes ever from Marvel Studios. Using the character's powers in subtle, clever ways to heighten the tension of what is a real, ugly argument between two people who want to just be happy together. It's also just cool to see the person Wanda loves the most call her out. I've NEVER seen two superheroes go at each other verbally like that before. It was such a great moment. And as messy as the finale was I think it did get the one scene it needed to nail right: The goodbye to Vision and the kids. It was just as bittersweet as it needed to be. Both actors did a great job but Paul is scarily on point as Vision sometimes. He's a natural fit. I'm gonna miss Olsen and Bettany as acting partners because of scenes like that.

Overall I think this show's strong suit in terms of conflict were tense verbal confrontations and more low-key mindfuckery which is why it's weird to see them fall back on more traditional fight scenes in the end. Vision beating his doppleganger through debate was a cool moment and I think Wanda vs Agatha would have been better if they had done something similar and saved the flash for one of the more actiony movies coming up (Doctor Strange 2, cough, cough). Like, Agatha highlighting the citizens of Westview's agony and using it against Wanda and Wanda turning the runes around on her were cool, but there's a whole lot of magic blasting between all that that just isn't that interesting? Ferro liked it so they must have been doing SOMETHING right!
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-07-2021 at 10:00 PM.

I AM hating on SWORD. I CAN'T hate Hayward. He was a cartoon villain. If he had had a mustache, he probably would have been twirling it. Easily the worst portrayed villain in MCU history and that's saying a LOT. I feel bad for Stamberg. He did the best he could with the material he was given. I mean, shooting at kids? Come on! He was comically evil. I also felt WandaVision was the wrong place to introduce Monica Rambeau. I don't think Spectrum's powers were introduced in a cool way. It felt kind of underwhelming/cheap honestly. I almost laughed when she was entering the Hex and those voices were in her head encouraging her. It didn't feel dramatic enough like Wanda's and Vision's debuts. Wanda's fight with Vision once he realizes what's going on is definitely my favorite scene in this series and probably a contender for one of the best scenes ever from Marvel Studios. Using the character's powers in subtle, clever ways to heighten the tension of what is a real, ugly argument between two people who want to just be happy together. It's also just cool to see the person Wanda loves the most call her out. I've NEVER seen two superheroes go at each other verbally like that before. It was such a great moment. And as messy as the finale was I think it did get the one scene it needed to nail right: The goodbye to Vision and the kids. It was just as bittersweet as it needed to be. Both actors did a great job but Paul is scarily on point as Vision sometimes. He's a natural fit. I'm gonna miss Olsen and Bettany as acting partners because of scenes like that.

Overall I think this show's strong suit in terms of conflict were tense verbal confrontations and more low-key mindfuckery which is why it's weird to see them fall back on more traditional fight scenes in the end. Vision beating his doppleganger through debate was a cool moment and I think Wanda vs Agatha would have been better if they had done something similar and saved the flash for one of the more actiony movies coming up (Doctor Strange 2, cough, cough). Like, Agatha highlighting the citizens of Westview's agony and using it against Wanda and Wanda turning the runes around on her were cool, but there's a whole lot of magic blasting between all that that just isn't that interesting? Ferro liked it so they must have been doing SOMETHING right!
    SWORD at the end changed hands so I'm not gonna hate. I'm gonna see where they go.

I was disappointed in them making Hayward such a predictable type, when he could have been sincere and be valid, but he always had making Vision a weapon in mind and any morals were just a front for that. But, I feel like there is room to make him more interesting later.

The important thing is he isn't dead, and Agatha isn't dead so no doors are completely closed.

And I liked the fight moment. But because I see what they are tapping into with that. Wanda had her full Sailor Mars moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    And how was Hayward supposed to know that? When she came out, she looked like she was compltely aware and control of all of what she was doing. She was a threat

The main goal of S.W.O.R.D. was to save all the innocent people in Westview, whom Wanda had enslaved in her nightmare. Wanda was dangerous and unforutnately for her, her trauma didnt trump theirs

Well I dont think you have much of a story without SWORD. They were a pretty essential component of this series
    If I loved CONSTANT exposition dumps, I would have loved SWORD. I thought they were boring. Like dangerously and violently boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

He probably did know. He knew the state she was in when she visited him and denied her being able to bury Vision. His main goal was definitely not to save the innocent people of Westview, it was to make a weapon before the Hex was even raised. Everything else was a front.

Wanda is dangerous but nothing he did made any sense to getting her to calm down. It instead was obvious he was trying to egg her on.

Ultimate Member

If I loved CONSTANT exposition dumps, I would have loved SWORD. I thought they were boring. Like dangerously and violently boring.
    The exposition was heavy handed. Monica, Jimmy and Darcy survived in spite of that.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    SWORD at the end changed hands so I'm not gonna hate. I'm gonna see where they go.

I was disappointed in them making Hayward such a predictable type, when he could have been sincere and be valid, but he always had making Vision a weapon in mind and any morals were just a front for that. But, I feel like there is room to make him more interesting later.

The important thing is he isn't dead, and Agatha isn't dead so no doors are completely closed.

And I liked the fight moment. But because I see what they are tapping into with that. Wanda had her full Sailor Mars moment.
    Yes, I'm glad Marvel Studios kept the kill count really low in WandaVision. Stamberg is a pretty good actor. He wasn't TOO over-the-top with his acting. In general I was kind of let down by Agatha as a character. Hahn was great, but she just turned out to be way more shallow than I was anticipating. She was just picking Wanda's brain to find the source of her power and that was it. And she was MUCH more interesting as Agnes to me. But you already agree with me on that, so it's not really worth going into detail over. As I said, I LOVED the Fietro troll as a JOKE. I thought pissing off fanboys was a hilarious move on Feige's and Schaeffer's part. Boner. LOL! But I DO feel bad for Quicksilver fans. They must be really heartbroken over what happened. Pietro has NOT been treated well in the MCU, and I can't defend what Marvel Studios has done with him. We know where Wanda's headed, but I'm actually quite a bit curious about White Vision's fate. I actually think it's possible that he and Wanda might not ever meet again. So I'm thinking, will Marvel Studios adapt a more "accurate" version of Tom King's mini-series? Some fans online seem to want that. They were pretty miffed that WandaVision downgraded Vision's status to a bumbling sitcom dad in that series. They already adapted it in WandaVision, but I don't see why they would keep White Vision in the MCU if they weren't thinking about bringing Vision's OTHER family into the MCU. And I think it would be a VERY hilarious and weird storyline if the MCU did indeed adapt it. Curious to see if Wanda would figure into it. I think it would be a HIGHLY successful series and a lot of people would enjoy it (if they got rid of some of the darker elements). But I don't wanna see Vision enjoy success in the MCU without Wanda at his side.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    The exposition was heavy handed. Monica, Jimmy and Darcy survived in spite of that.
    They BARELY did. The exposition just got out of control as the series progressed. Dragged and slowed things down. But apparently a lot of people loved the SWORD angle. I did not.