Page 118 of 283 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

BANNED

Basically the point of this episode is that:

spoilers:
    Wanda is a mutant. All human test subjects died when they touched the infinity stone, but the Stone detected something in Wanda and responded to that. As per lore, any baseline human who is not transformed dies on approaching the stone as it happened with RDJ, but those with enhanced stuff like Starlord could survive thanks to Celestial DNA. So Wanda is a mutant
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post

spoilers:
    Wanda is a mutant. All human test subjects died when they touched the infinity stone, but the Stone detected something in Wanda and responded to that. As per lore, any baseline human who is not transformed dies on approaching the stone as it happened with RDJ, but those with enhanced stuff like Starlord could survive thanks to Celestial DNA. So Wanda is a mutant
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think it was more witch genes than Mutant genes. The Stone showed her future as the Scarlet Witch.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    spoilers:
    Did anyone else think that the silhouette of the “Scarlet Witch” in the mind stone looked like Wanda’s costume from the original Uncanny Avengers run?
    end of spoilers
    Yes. I'd like to see a cape though. If Doctor Strange can have one, everyone should.

When can we talk without the spoiler tags and share photos?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    I think it was more witch genes than Mutant genes. The Stone showed her future as the Scarlet Witch.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, but Pietro also survived. There's some sort of connection there, and well, it's looking like Evan Peters was brought in for a reason...
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Wanda & Pietro were more than simple humans long before they even came in contact with the stone, wanda use of magic in particular did not require any study and chaos magic comes to her naturally
    end of spoilers
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I didn't get mutant out of Wanda being an ancient witch of legend.
    end of spoilers

Agatha manipulating things just so she can learn how Wanda did it I thought was a funny role reveal. She essentially want to learns from Wanda.

spoilers:
    great episode, so Wanda was a witch all along. Though poor Wanda seems like she can't catch a break. nice to see Agatha is still a sort of mentor to Wanda and I got chills when she called her the Scarlet Witch and confirmed her chaos magic
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Not only did Kevin Feige announce in advance spoilers:
    that this series would show why Wanda is the "Scarlet Witch" (I don't know if it counts as a spoiler if he told the world in advance) but back in 2016 he actually pretty much described Wanda's powers the way they are described in this episode:

"She never had any training; she’s figuring it out. Arguably, you could say that that’s why her powers are much more chaotic and much more loose in the way that we showcased those light effects. In [Doctor Strange], some of what you might see today, even the cover of Entertainment Weekly, it’s much tighter. It’s all about focus. It’s all about pulling energies from other dimensions in an organized and purposeful fashion, which is why they can do a lot more than she can in, at least, a much more precise way.”

He must have had the idea a while back that her powers would eventually be revealed as magic, or at least that that might be a way to move her into the Doctor Strange sequel.

Also this episode pretty much confirmed the old fan theory that Wanda's powers somehow stopped the bomb from going off. Considering that Age of Ultron did not have the greatest reputation it's impressive what a deep dive they're doing into that movie. I wonder if it'll look better in hindsight because of the series adding so much more to Wanda's character.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    nah the point is shes a witch, mutant wanda will never happen now or ever, im so bloody happy.
    best show eveeer

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    [spoil]spoilers:
    Agatha even took over the Marvel Studios logo! Wow.

It's weird for me to see Agatha Harkness as this power-hungry, spectral, evil witch character. I mean, yeah, she's long-lived, but she's so dangerous even her own kind had to put her on a Salem Witch Trial because she was dabbling with dark magic. Even her mother thought she was too dangerous. And then she killed them all. Just not sure what to think about all this. Although it felt like Agatha was "acting" even back then when you see the shift in her expressions from defending herself to just going full-on evil witch.

"Previously On" may as well have been called "how Wanda did it" as we explore Wanda's grief, the role sitcoms have had in her life, the impact of Vision on her, what SWORD did, and how it all crescendos into Wanda going to Westview and creating the Hex out of grief.

It was weird seeing child Pietro without his white hair. I know in context he got them from the experiments, but still...

I love how child Wanda and Pietro wear their Superhero colors. And then Wanda has a red car. They are just that committed to this theme.

How many times did Vision just phase into Wanda's bedroom?

So apparently Wanda is an ancient, legendary, witch known as the "Scarlet Witch" and has unknowingly been casting magic since she was a child. Her first probability hex (the first time her powers have been linked to probability in the MCU) kept her and Pietro alive after the death of their parents, and she's unkowingly had access to deep Chaos Magic the whole time. She even got a glimpse of her future Scarlet Witch self during the Hydra experiments.

Yeah, so Wanda didn't actually steal Vision's body from SWORD. She just wanted to bury him and SWORD was the one desecrating his body and trying to find out how to weaponize or utilize him for science. And then they end up creating White Vision as their attack drone, I assume. We are totally going to get Hex!Vision vs White!Vision.

I guess Wanda is responsible for all the brainwashing when she casted the Hex? It seems some of it was unintentional because she didn't understand her powers, but she just went along with it. How are they going to let this go after the Hex is undone?
    end of spoilers
    Ok, I have a question now...

spoilers:
    If Wanda was born with magic and the stone made that magic more powerful does that mean Pietro was born with super speed? If so, does his super speed have a magical origin also? Seems odd that such a power would come about due to magic, right? But I guess it is possible. If the idea is that Pietro got his powers from the stone that creates a problem for me: it would be weird if she was born with magic (or tapped into it at an early age) while her twin brother was not born with powers and then gets them from the stone that enhanced his sister. That feels clunky to me.
    end of spoilers
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post

spoilers:
    If Wanda was born with magic and the stone made that magic more powerful does that mean Pietro was born with super speed? If so, does his super speed have a magical origin also? Seems odd that such a power would come about due to magic, right? But I guess it is possible. If the idea is that Pietro got his powers from the stone that creates a problem for me: it would be weird if she was born with magic (or tapped into it at an early age) while her twin brother was not born with powers and then gets them from the stone that enhanced his sister. That feels clunky to me.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think maybe they're leaving the door open for them (or just Pietro? some people suggest that sometimes) to still be mutants if someone wants to retcon that after the X-Men are properly in the MCU. I don't feel like it makes much sense for Pietro to have magic, but, maybe it's like... He got his powers from the mind stone. Wanda got her telepathy from the mind stone. Her telepathy and the magic, probability, altering reality thing that she has are two different powersets. Maybe he survived because he also has the "witch genes", but magic isn't actually related to his power? Captain Marvel also got her powers from an Infinity Stone, so that's not exclusive to witches anyway... Though it's kinda weird since Whedon decided to put this whole "they were the only ones able to survive the experiment" thing in their origin.

In the comics, she had been both a mutant and a witch at the same time for many years, and even now that it's been retconned, she also has both chaos magic gifted by Chthon, and mutate powers by the High Evolutionary, and inhereted witchcraft from her new mother... Honestly Wanda's powers and origins are always gonna be a bit of a mess I guess lol.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I think we should all keep in mind that to Agatha perspective spoilers:
    being born with magic and being, dare I say, a mutant
    end of spoilers might not make much of a difference at this point in time cause she may ignore the existence of such things as spoilers:
    mutants
    end of spoilers.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

I’ve been a fan of this show since episode one, but episode 8 really made me suspicious about how this will be resolved, and the outlook doesn’t seem favorable.
    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Not to speak for others, but I just don't think they have enough time to wrap up this story, because they've pushed so many of the answers to the last episode that everything is bound to feel very rushed. And a side effect of this is that Wanda and Vision haven't been together much in the last few weeks, and some important characters were absent this week.

I enjoyed this episode because of all the backstory, but it still leaves a lot of questions unanswered that they'll have to answer next week, along with wrapping up the story of Wanda and Vision (as opposed to Wanda's story, which will continue in the movies).
    spoilers:
    How can Wanda come out of this “looking good”? Sure, the start of it all, she didn’t intentionally make the hex around WestView. But she was warned multiple times that she was “hurting” people, and she didn’t even blink an eye at that. Now we’re pretty sure there wasn’t an outside influence that forced her to make it (ie. Mephisto/Nightmare), so she basically condoned it.

They pretty much HoM’ed the MCU Wanda. Her “motives” are slightly different, and the scale of her influence is smaller, but it’s all very similar.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    We still might get more answers next week about what was happening in Westview after the hex was created, but it's certainly something that has occurred to me too. If they're going to say that the supervillain-ish Wanda who threw Monica out of Westview really was the same Wanda we're watching now, then how is she not a villain?

There may be twists yet to come but the show is still frustratingly vague about what exactly Wanda thought was going on in this show, why the time periods kept shifting, and how much control she had over everything. And they're running out of time.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    One thing from the trailers I don't think we saw in this episode is of Wanda, in the same outfit she wore in this episode, with the real Westview residents behind her. So I assume they will either address what she's done to them or explain it away, or maybe a bit of both.

Either way I think it would have been better if they had at least talked about it in this episode instead of leaving it for the last minute.

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Indeed like other times before I understand where the worry is coming from and all, but Really that is not what I got mostly out of this episode.

It is What I both got personally from this and by all the reations an comments both here and around YouTube, but espically what I got from by what I experienced, it was far more postive.

Here are my major points this again like last episode Started the Ball Rolling even more in postives favorites for Wanda;

1.) We where ALL Worried, but still not fully believing Hayward, but still that Wanda become a criminal and stole Vision's body which alone made her sound pretty Bad.

TURNS OUT that was NOT the Case at All, Wanda just walked in their politely just wanting to bury hime, yet was litterally greated by \watching her Lover being tornapart like some scene out of a Saw Movie and Hayward having cold remarks to boot. Yet after ALL of that Wanda did not go mad or raged, after feeling nothing in Vision's hear, she respectly just walks out of the SWORD base in a civil manner and left in a civil, even after SWORD did what they did to Vision.

That to me was a Powerful moment that was Great For Wanda's Character in what was a time anyone would have the right to be enraged and angry, Wanda showed her respects and showed us the truth about Hayward.

Honeslty that was a Big Vindication for Wanda and a over 9,000 level moment for Hayward being a Lying Dick Breaking all shorts of law and Lying upfront about the WestView Hex and about Wanda in that now doctored videod. So Far if their is a Villain plainly in all of this, Hayward is the 1st and has earned it is strives for Lying about Wanda, to Monica, His Personal and putting all of the people in danger under his command for he recklesses action and lies.

Also brining Vision's Dead Body back as a Weapon, Yep Hayward went to even more lows and is a true necromancer on a sick level using a dead body Sentient Being as a weapon.

2.) Another Major Vindication for Wanda was The Whole Theory that Wanda was Animating Dead Corpses like Vision and Pietro like Puppets. That has now been blown out of the Water, Never Believed that, but still it is good to see it Vidicated Finally for Wanda.

Those scence then before of dead Vision's Head and Pietro's Bullet dead where sadly likely PTSD and Tramua coming back, Visions of Horrors like any person has who suffers from such traumas or sadly soldiers of war have to deal with.

3.) The Hex that was Created was not a Williful Formation it seems, but an explosion of Grief and Sadness that manifested out of Wanda's power uncontroled by her own will. Even after it happens she is suprised to see Vision Back in a moment that is out of control for her and it seems the Hex Sucks her into the world that was created, traping her and her mind.

It seems Wanda has been going threw like what we go threw in a Dreamstate. She has spounted not knowing how things got the way they are or how this all happens, the events made her forget that unleashing of powers threw her emotions. As said before, the Hex seems like a dreamscape that sucks you into it and effects you like when we get sucked into our own dreams and become us but another version of us and we are certain it is really.

I have had tons of dreams and nightmares like that and I as certain they where real and I am suprised when I wake that it was just a dream. How such states can effect the human mind and when you combine that with such trauma and now chaos powers yea I am not suprised Wanda is lost in all of this.

4.) Wanda has mentioned she cannont control their minds or make do what she wants at times. I think more of these mysteries are to be revealed in the final episode and while yea I put it on the Dreamscape like Hex or maybe even another big player in all of this behind the scenes, I am more worried that Agatha might get some of this blame cause she has already been show to willifully control people, so that is my worry their.

Their are also seens we have not gotten to yet like the Towns people gathering where Wanda is and the moment what Wanda says "This is our Home" and Vision says "Lets fight for it", so their still allot teased that we don't know yet.

Yea Allot can still happen in this, but Like the Showrunners said this is a story about how a Lady works threw her Grief and trauma and how she heals from it.

Indeed their is more still to be answered, but by what I have witnessed so far, many fans online are caring and feeling for Wanda's situations and coming down off the latter of her being a villain. That her grief is what lead to this power hex explosion and that Hayward is the Dick of Dicks that has made the situation worse threw his lye and manipulation. Many are coming to love Wanda more then seeing her as a Villian, but as a Victium of horrors and what it can do to a person.

Yea their is more to be Answered that gets us worried if Wanda will make it out of this ok, But we have to learn that is not the nature of this story to drop it all at once. This story has been Brilliant in its exicution of it's story taking its time to tell us the journey Wanda is on and to reveal facts we are wondering and worried about at the right times that work within the story, not some uncaring info drop out of context just to say it.

I want this story to remain a story telling it at its pace and so far each episode has given us what it needed to to tell as much as we needed for it to work and leave us wanting more.

I GET the Worry and while I have postive outlooks, I still worry just as much at time. But I trust that this show has proven it can tell a story but at its pace and not at my pace.

I want it to keep doing that and if it feels that it needs only 1 more episode to finish that then I trust they know how to do it and I think Wanda will be ok and Better out of it.

She keeps growing on Fans and Love for her, we need to trust it will show us what we desire when the time is right.
    end of spoilers
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Not only did Kevin Feige announce in advance spoilers:
    that this series would show why Wanda is the "Scarlet Witch" (I don't know if it counts as a spoiler if he told the world in advance) but back in 2016 he actually pretty much described Wanda's powers the way they are described in this episode:

"She never had any training; she’s figuring it out. Arguably, you could say that that’s why her powers are much more chaotic and much more loose in the way that we showcased those light effects. In [Doctor Strange], some of what you might see today, even the cover of Entertainment Weekly, it’s much tighter. It’s all about focus. It’s all about pulling energies from other dimensions in an organized and purposeful fashion, which is why they can do a lot more than she can in, at least, a much more precise way.”

He must have had the idea a while back that her powers would eventually be revealed as magic, or at least that that might be a way to move her into the Doctor Strange sequel.

Also this episode pretty much confirmed the old fan theory that Wanda's powers somehow stopped the bomb from going off. Considering that Age of Ultron did not have the greatest reputation it's impressive what a deep dive they're doing into that movie. I wonder if it'll look better in hindsight because of the series adding so much more to Wanda's character.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yea and Really that is the Best Thing about the MCU and how good storytelling is!

It is when not only do you continue to maker your newer parts of the ongoing story better, but you are able to go back and adding moments of hindsight to them and reveals that just make it better. This is even done for the movies that at one point where not as well recieved like Thor: The Dark World or yea at points Age of Ultron, but the MCU still shows love and respect to them by using their newer movies and not TV shows to ad in those moments to make them better like in Episode 8 for Age of Ultron and Endgame for The Darkworld.

Fans will now go back to those movies with a whole new likely and love for them now that their lore as been advanced. It shows a form of Love and Confidence in a product that they honor their past ones not mattering if they where the best or not, heck they seem to work to make the ones NOT as well recieved and focus on them to make it better.

THIS IMO is why the MCU is on the Top of the Hill Right Now in Storytelling and Writing. Even when it fumbles the ball abit, it takes it right back up and makes up for it in clever ways.
    end of spoilers
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!