Page 147 of 283 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197247 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I think the problem with her being entirely responsible is it makes her look evil, unless she goes through some redemption path.

I don't know if it will be Chthon, because Mephisto is way bigger of a villain.
    Wanda doesn't come across evil to me just a woman in pain I feel episode 8 did a great job establishing that narrative.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Wanda doesn't come across evil to me just a woman in pain I feel episode 8 did a great job establishing that narrative.
    Yeah, evil is too strong of a word, but she does seem like she's not at concerned with how it affects the locals.

I think the problem with her being entirely responsible is it makes her look evil, unless she goes through some redemption path.

I don't know if it will be Chthon, because Mephisto is way bigger of a villain.
    I don't agree with this because it's obvious it was grief and not an intentional act of malice, and Mephisto is more well known but used in weird and indirect ways and was never tied to possessing Wanda. That was Chthon, and Immortus manipulated her. Mephisto was just involved with the retcon of the kids and it doesn't seem like they are doing that retcon here.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Yeah, evil is too strong of a word, but she does seem like she's not at concerned with how it affects the locals.
    It's not a lack of concern, it's being overwhelmed by depression. She needs therapy. But unfortunately, that's always been hard to find in any Marvel universe. But when there are so many heroes with ptsd and other forms of trauma, it's very much needed.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It's not a lack of concern, it's being overwhelmed by depression. She needs therapy. But unfortunately, that's always been hard to find in any Marvel universe. But when there are so many heroes with ptsd and other forms of trauma, it's very much needed.
    That's true. I think she needs to make amends but she's no villain and I don't want her to be.

Yeah, and you have folks complaining "nothing happened" in that episode!

Well I'd be lying if I said I truly gave AF about how the locals may or may not have suffered throughout this show. Like the idea of Wanda facing law reprucussions has not crossed my mind lol

Well I'd be lying if I said I truly gave AF about how the locals may or may not have suffered throughout this show. Like the idea of Wanda facing law reprucussions has not crossed my mind lol
    Yes, audience members might not care, but in-universe characters will. And that's what matters. They'll want some sort of justice if Wanda is indeed responsible for what has happened to them.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Yes, audience members might not care, but in-universe characters will. And that's what matters. They'll want some sort of justice if Wanda is indeed responsible for what has happened to them.
    I mean, after the Avengers fought each other in Civil War, I assume collateral damage is still a big deal. Heroes should care about it, because that's what separates them from villains.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, and you have folks complaining "nothing happened" in that episode!
    Not sure why anyone says that.

I do wish some of this stuff appeared in earlier movies.

I mean, after the Avengers fought each other in Civil War, I assume collateral damage is still a big deal. Heroes should care about it, because that's what separates them from villains.
    That's right. I like it that heroes take responsibilities for their actions. And feel guilt for the bad things they've done.

Not sure why anyone says that.

I do wish some of this stuff appeared in earlier movies.
    So do I. But I do think the Infinity Saga was more about Iron Man, Captain America, Thor and Thanos. There was little room for everybody else.

Online magazine Slate publishes an article about trauma recovery and WandaVision:

https://slate.com/culture/2021/03/wa...attendant.html

And like the discourse we've had on these threads, the comments section is full of contention and hot debate (LOL)!:

https://slate.com/comments/culture/2...attendant.html

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

I don't agree with this because it's obvious it was grief and not an intentional act of malice, and Mephisto is more well known but used in weird and indirect ways and was never tied to possessing Wanda. That was Chthon, and Immortus manipulated her. Mephisto was just involved with the retcon of the kids and it doesn't seem like they are doing that retcon here.
    That's true. I think she needs to make amends but she's no villain and I don't want her to be.
    That's right. I like it that heroes take responsibilities for their actions. And feel guilt for the bad things they've done.
    I Think GenericUsername put it best is that we are seeing Grief in a Manifitastion of all this and taking over Wanda's world by what we have been given so far, it is like a combo of getting lost in a Dream, Trauma, a Nightmare and the splintering of ones self. As the scene when Westview was made it really dragged her into it and Agatha has been showing what he cut off memory trying to put it back together and break her out of this to find the truth. Even Monica said she can feel her pain, that she was in pain, so I think what this all is is that pain manifesting in all of this.

That is why I think the best judge while saying what I just said, is still to give this show the time to explain fully not only what is fully going on, but how they will resolve the last parts of the story. We don't have all the info yet and that is correct not to, a story needs time to tell itself by its own pace and when that story is a clear mystery with clearly even more crazy twists, what seems like truth on episode gets revealed as the opisite the next.

That is why I don't really ponder to much on the state of the Townsfolk of Westview cause we have not come to that part of the story yet that will show how they come to the close that, so I don't worry as much and think most should not too.

Until we have all the info and fully story we can't paint the right picture for our Wanda or for what it all means for the townfolks of westview. That has always been the proper way to see this with Wanda and trust her character will be shown and explained in due time and that has indeed be rewarded to her fans so far.

Remember When SO MANY where CERTAIN that Vision was a corpse being puppeted by Wanda or her Brother the same way too? Many thought she broke into the SWORD base and stole the body as well? Yea I and other did not jump on that cause we wanted to wait till the story explained itself but other on the net and youtube went well into it before they let the story tell it in full.

Now look How THAT ALL Turned out Now?!

And just after Episode 8 Alone and that wasy just a 35-40 mins of story that broke ALL that down into dust!

With that the story seems to be on a downward declining in Wanda in badder views and explain the events that keep adding up to resovle them to show in a much better light.

I feel this, while still their can be twists the other ways, but I feel this will likely continue with the next episode to bring more of these what seem like badder things to better light for Wanda. We just got to give the story time to show them and tell their story to us before we are certain to be worried or absovled.

Like I keep saying, Trust In Wanda's Character in the truth of what we Truly Feel Postively about her and the showrunners and actors who have shown a clear caring about that as well. Again, Cautious Optimisum indeed, things can twist, but things seem to be heading in the better direction right now, wait and see, but Trust and Hope for Our Wanda.

Last edited by CJStriker; 03-03-2021 at 08:14 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Ultimate Member

So do I. But I do think the Infinity Saga was more about Iron Man, Captain America, Thor and Thanos. There was little room for everybody else.
    Yeah, that's true, but they could have dropped Hawkeye's family for some scenes with Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.