Page 107 of 283 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Teyonah is more like Geraldine than Monica in real life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRNFnulLkW4

I hated Monica's change in personality ever since Episode 3. Geraldine was just so much more interesting to me.
    Well, Geraldine was a sitcomfied version of her, so you shouldn't expectet that personality to make it outside of it... Personally I don't think Monica's personality is bad at all, she's the one who's had the most empathy for Wanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well, Geraldine was a sitcomfied version of her, so you shouldn't expectet that personality to make it outside of it... Personally I don't think Monica's personality is bad at all, she's the one who's had the most empathy for Wanda.
    Well she should say "peachy keen" more often, why should Jimmy Woo hog all the old-timey slang? Lol
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Oh, I understand that. Her personality is fine now. It's just that I prefer Geraldine. Remember her saying: "Say, those pants are peachy keen!"? It was a more innocent time. I like her empathy. But I miss the friendliness she displayed in those earlier episodes. Now she's practically all business.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Tom Holland says WandaVision is his best Marvel thing he’s ever seen.

“We work through the weekends. So, every Saturday everyone’s on set [for Spider-Man 3], talking about it & everyone’s spitting their theories out of what’s going on.”

(Source: https://bit.ly/3uoAVlK)

Also the Mandalorian Star

So happy with the reception the show is having
    ^^^^As CRUELRAIN’s Very Exciting post on Tom Holland earlier, this one just continues that The Exciting News and More!

WandaVision is Truly Ruling the World as a TRULY MultiGenerational Show!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Well she should say "peachy keen" more often, why should Jimmy Woo hog all the old-timey slang? Lol
    Forgive my curiosity but what does "peachy keen" mean? English is not my native language.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Forgive my curiosity but what does "peachy keen" mean? English is not my native language.
    Very satisfactory; Fine.

Extraordinary Member

I think Monica suffers from the writing of the "real world" scenes being kind of cliché -- the sinister government guy, the genius hacker, the strong badass "boss lady" -- and ironically, the old-fashioned sitcoms having more nuance to the characterizations, because the writers have to do that with a light touch so they don't look like they're making fun of the '60s and '70s. So Parris had more to play in the sitcom scenes than she's had in some of her scenes as Monica.

I do like that as the show has gone on we've seen how "Geraldine" is connected to Monica's real personality/feelings and maybe even some of her own wishes, like Geraldine's story of how she turned a temp job into a full-time job and promotion, where in the real world, she's lost five years of her life and Hayward has the job that should have been hers.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Very satisfactory; Fine.
    Thanks. I liked Geraldine but her personality was very exaggerated for the sitcom reality. I like the compassionate and serious demeanor of Monica a little more but I'd love to see some of Geraldine's playfullness in Monica from time to time.

Thanks. I liked Geraldine but her personality was very exaggerated for the sitcom reality. I like the compassionate and serious demeanor of Monica a little more but I'd love to see some of Geraldine's playfullness in Monica from time to time.
    Yeah, I hope they preserve some of Monica's sitcom personality in future projects. It will make her very likeable, I guarantee!

The sitcom personality was a facade and too nice. Like too fake. Monica is fine enough as herself.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

It means "wonderful"

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Personally, I liked the acting of the Geraldine-Monica flip in episode 3 when she went from talking like a 70's Black sassy friend into a real person then back. Brady Bunch Geraldine was also way too TV stereotype for any remotely realistic setting, like when she needs to be in a Captain Marvel movie.

Extraordinary Member

I do think they use the sitcom personalities to inform what we know about the characters though. This is really obvious with Wanda because she's played so many different "characters" but they're all a side of her that we didn't see in the movies.

With Monica we got this in reverse, where she was playing two silly sitcom versions of herself with two different kinds of ridiculous diction, and then we get to see the real her, and see how some of the qualities of "Geraldine" were clues to her real personality.

Interestingly I think Vision has been closer to the same guy through the different sitcom eras, though that may be because Wanda is actively repressing her memories and feelings to play these parts, and Vision just doesn't have any memories to repress.

I prefer elements of Monica's sitcom personality. I like the quirkiness and friendly nature of her character. Yes, some of it was affected, but what I don't like is Monica turning into ANOTHER version of the Wasp, Okoye, Black Widow, Gamora, Nebula, Maria Hill, Sharon Carter, and Valkyrie etc. Doesn't Marvel Studios realize how samey those broads are? Snarling badasses spouting cliche lines and trying to look tough? I'm just so bored with that ****. Can't we do something new? There's no emotion in those personalities. That's why I was always fond of Agnes in WandaVision. She's funny, she's sinister, and probably a little bit crazy. I like female superheroes who display at least a SHRED of emotion. Even when that emotion is...Insanity.

Look at how creepy and fun Vision's and Agnes's interaction was in Episode 7. She's becoming somewhat unhinged and he's becoming genuinely worried about her mental state. It was great!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of1g1UwNBk8

I want more of that **** please!
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-23-2021 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The sitcom personality was a facade and too nice. Like too fake. Monica is fine enough as herself.
    Agree. Whether it was Wanda or Agatha, the folks were being 'rewritten', not the true personality. I also remember some sense of confusion on Monica's part. I just like the character in the comic book and Geraldine was not really that personality.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all