Page 117 of 283 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Ehhh Krakoa putting the word "mutant" in front of everything isn't necessarily accurate. The "Krakoan mutant language" is the english alphabet in a new font
    I'm referring to the magic, not the language.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

spoilers:
    So no shock hayword lied and wanda didn't steal vision. He even had his body there the whole time! He wasted all that time monica and woo spent thinking it was real vision!

Was that dirty old pool wanda drives by dotties pool? Where is dottie anyway?

So vision bought the land for wanda! But who put the letter in wandas car?

Agnus mom looks like the old lady comic version of her! Nice easter egg!

Was wandas mom and dad the one from the ads? I forgot to check.
    end of spoilers

Hehehe her powers being confused is comic accurate so

spoilers:
    Agatha already says it Chaos Magic, she's an old Witch, she should know about what she's talking
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 02-26-2021 at 08:29 AM.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Okay, cannot hide an image. Not sure if it's okay to post screenshots yet, so I removed it.

That was great. Not sure I still get the timeline of everything but yeah, the final episode needs to be long to wrap all this up. So much dangling and they're still introducing new ... characters.
    Last edited by useridgoeshere; 02-26-2021 at 08:15 AM.

Big missed opportunity not bringing back the MCU Quicksilver in this episode

I’ve been a fan of this show since episode one, but episode 8 really made me suspicious about how this will be resolved, and the outlook doesn’t seem favorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    I’ve been a fan of this show since episode one, but episode 8 really made me suspicious about how this will be resolved, and the outlook doesn’t seem favorable.
    How so? Like, what do you mean? I'm not disagreeing with you, just looking for some clarification.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    How so? Like, what do you mean? I'm not disagreeing with you, just looking for some clarification.
    Not to speak for others, but I just don't think they have enough time to wrap up this story, because they've pushed so many of the answers to the last episode that everything is bound to feel very rushed. And a side effect of this is that Wanda and Vision haven't been together much in the last few weeks, and some important characters were absent this week.

I enjoyed this episode because of all the backstory, but it still leaves a lot of questions unanswered that they'll have to answer next week, along with wrapping up the story of Wanda and Vision (as opposed to Wanda's story, which will continue in the movies).

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    spoilers:
    How can Wanda come out of this “looking good”? Sure, the start of it all, she didn’t intentionally make the hex around WestView. But she was warned multiple times that she was “hurting” people, and she didn’t even blink an eye at that. Now we’re pretty sure there wasn’t an outside influence that forced her to make it (ie. Mephisto/Nightmare), so she basically condoned it.

They pretty much HoM’ed the MCU Wanda. Her “motives” are slightly different, and the scale of her influence is smaller, but it’s all very similar.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Not to speak for others, but I just don't think they have enough time to wrap up this story, because they've pushed so many of the answers to the last episode that everything is bound to feel very rushed.
    Well it's going to tie into the Dr Strange movie so if it doesn't wrap up in the final episode then it likely will in the Strange movie.

And the latest episode was another gem. spoilers:
    GhostVision looked pretty rad.
    end of spoilers I just wished they'd have shown more of what was going on with Vision and Monica.

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    How can Wanda come out of this “looking good”? Sure, the start of it all, she didn’t intentionally make the hex around WestView. But she was warned multiple times that she was “hurting” people, and she didn’t even blink an eye at that. Now we’re pretty sure there wasn’t an outside influence that forced her to make it (ie. Mephisto/Nightmare), so she basically condoned it.

They pretty much HoM’ed the MCU Wanda. Her “motives” are slightly different, and the scale of her influence is smaller, but it’s all very similar.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    We still might get more answers next week about what was happening in Westview after the hex was created, but it's certainly something that has occurred to me too. If they're going to say that the supervillain-ish Wanda who threw Monica out of Westview really was the same Wanda we're watching now, then how is she not a villain?

There may be twists yet to come but the show is still frustratingly vague about what exactly Wanda thought was going on in this show, why the time periods kept shifting, and how much control she had over everything. And they're running out of time.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    spoilers:
    We still might get more answers next week about what was happening in Westview after the hex was created, but it's certainly something that has occurred to me too. If they're going to say that the supervillain-ish Wanda who threw Monica out of Westview really was the same Wanda we're watching now, then how is she not a villain?

There may be twists yet to come but the show is still frustratingly vague about what exactly Wanda thought was going on in this show, why the time periods kept shifting, and how much control she had over everything. And they're running out of time.
    end of spoilers
    My idea behind the time-period shifts are her subconsciously shifting the setting because the “current era” got disrupted somehow, so she’s trying to find a time-period “that works”.

And yeah. There’s “still time” to explain things, but I’m not hopeful in how after this episode.

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    My idea behind the time-period shifts are her subconsciously shifting the setting because the “current era” got disrupted somehow, so she’s trying to find a time-period “that works”.

And yeah. There’s “still time” to explain things, but I’m not hopeful in how after this episode.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    One thing from the trailers I don't think we saw in this episode is of Wanda, in the same outfit she wore in this episode, with the real Westview residents behind her. So I assume they will either address what she's done to them or explain it away, or maybe a bit of both.

Either way I think it would have been better if they had at least talked about it in this episode instead of leaving it for the last minute.

end of spoilers

[spoil]spoilers:
    Agatha even took over the Marvel Studios logo! Wow.

It's weird for me to see Agatha Harkness as this power-hungry, spectral, evil witch character. I mean, yeah, she's long-lived, but she's so dangerous even her own kind had to put her on a Salem Witch Trial because she was dabbling with dark magic. Even her mother thought she was too dangerous. And then she killed them all. Just not sure what to think about all this. Although it felt like Agatha was "acting" even back then when you see the shift in her expressions from defending herself to just going full-on evil witch.

"Previously On" may as well have been called "how Wanda did it" as we explore Wanda's grief, the role sitcoms have had in her life, the impact of Vision on her, what SWORD did, and how it all crescendos into Wanda going to Westview and creating the Hex out of grief.

It was weird seeing child Pietro without his white hair. I know in context he got them from the experiments, but still...

I love how child Wanda and Pietro wear their Superhero colors. And then Wanda has a red car. They are just that committed to this theme.

How many times did Vision just phase into Wanda's bedroom?

So apparently Wanda is an ancient, legendary, witch known as the "Scarlet Witch" and has unknowingly been casting magic since she was a child. Her first probability hex (the first time her powers have been linked to probability in the MCU) kept her and Pietro alive after the death of their parents, and she's unkowingly had access to deep Chaos Magic the whole time. She even got a glimpse of her future Scarlet Witch self during the Hydra experiments.

Yeah, so Wanda didn't actually steal Vision's body from SWORD. She just wanted to bury him and SWORD was the one desecrating his body and trying to find out how to weaponize or utilize him for science. And then they end up creating White Vision as their attack drone, I assume. We are totally going to get Hex!Vision vs White!Vision.

I guess Wanda is responsible for all the brainwashing when she casted the Hex? It seems some of it was unintentional because she didn't understand her powers, but she just went along with it. How are they going to let this go after the Hex is undone?
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Did anyone else think that the silhouette of the “Scarlet Witch” in the mind stone looked like Wanda’s costume from the original Uncanny Avengers run?
    end of spoilers