Page 120 of 283 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    how long will it take for an editor like Brevoort and a writer like Aaron to decide they want to make the next all new all exciting Scarlet Witch by stripping Wanda of her name and title and giving it to someone else just like they did with Phoenix?
    Uggghhhh, That PAIN if that where to happen(Also Sorry for such a recon that Jean Grey and her fans have had to go threw if I have my views right on this. ), This would be the Reaction of Everyone I know;

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

It honestly wasn't my favorite episode especially considering (as others have said) they're running out of time to finish up all the loose ends. I think they could have accomplished all this exposition more efficiently... I'm not a huge fan of this "ghost of X-Mas past / taking a walk down memory lane" storytelling, but Elisabeth Olsen did a wonderful job elevating it. Props for a great performance!

The best parts of the episode for me:
    spoilers:
    As CJStriker mentioned, Wanda leaving SWORD so quietly and graciously was a wonderful revelation after we'd seen the misleading footage over and over again of her "breaking into" SWORD. Just the contrast of her going to her car like a normal person and knowing what was told to Monica and the gang was really heartbreaking but satisfying.

Wanda's conversation with Vision in the Avengers compound was also great. (Side note: I'll never really get into Olsen's Sokovian accent because it always sounds like she's also doing a different voice rather than just speaking. That's the only issue I have with Olsen's performance!)

The Vision reveal!! There was some speculation of this, but always great to see real comic book elements come alive.
    end of spoilers

But the lingering threads that I think need to be addressed:
    spoilers:
    - How exactly Wanda is doing this since she herself previously said she wasn't
    - Pietro
    - Tommy and Billy
    - Monica's role in all of this.
    - All those "devil" hints
    - Dottie? Ralph?
    - The beekeeper
    - The engineer (if this is still on the table)
    - Those commercials. They might not need to be explained, but they did introduce concepts like Nexus, for example, and they can't just drop it.
    - The multiverse
    - Final resolution with Vision
    - Final resolution with Agatha
    - Final resolution with Hayward
    end of spoilers

And then do they have to tie it into Dr. Strange and the Multiverse of Madness?

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

how long will it take for an editor like Brevoort and a writer like Aaron to decide they want to make the next all new all exciting Scarlet Witch by stripping Wanda of her name and title and giving it to someone else just like they did with Phoenix?
    As hilarious as that would be, like when someone else gets the title of Iron Fist or Thor, MCU Wanda is so different than comics' Wanda that something like "Scarlet Witch" being a title is unlikely to cross over.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    As hilarious as that would be, like when someone else gets the title of Iron Fist or Thor, MCU Wanda is so different than comics' Wanda that something like "Scarlet Witch" being a title is unlikely to cross over.
    I just want to avoid having to read a story 2 years from now about "who the next scarlet witch is going to be", but it may be just me.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    nah the point is shes a witch, mutant wanda will never happen now or ever, im so bloody happy.
    best show eveeer
    It's not meant to happen. She is not a mutant, nor Magneto's daughter, for some years. We may not like it but we have to accept that, and that MCu will follow suit.

I think Agatha and her type of Witches have natural access to power, but generally have to earn the rights, be validated or end up 'titled'.

Wanda would be a natural Witch who was unnoticed by any possible elders, due to the war torn strife. But she always had the natural ability and this was magnified (sorry) by the Infinity Gem she came was experimented on/with.

I have always favored the idea when I first heard it some time ago, that the way X Men and possibly FF and others would come into the universe would be by some sort of merging of 'verses from the multiverse.

So I think that is what happens. Dr. Strange and Wanda and possibly others will tame the madness of the multiverse breaking open by merging them somehow. Or it happens as a side effect.

America Chavez who I don't know well, is multiversal too.

It won't be Wanda or anyone 'creating' or causing something to trigger x-genes (or only in some cases).

It will be like they were always here, and the 'rewrite' will explain how they managed to stay hidden.

Certain ones probably didn't and will be past characters, that may be touched on in Eternals.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Ok, I have a question now...

spoilers:
    If Wanda was born with magic and the stone made that magic more powerful does that mean Pietro was born with super speed? If so, does his super speed have a magical origin also? Seems odd that such a power would come about due to magic, right? But I guess it is possible. If the idea is that Pietro got his powers from the stone that creates a problem for me: it would be weird if she was born with magic (or tapped into it at an early age) while her twin brother was not born with powers and then gets them from the stone that enhanced his sister. That feels clunky to me.
    end of spoilers
    Nothing in this more or less origin of the twins 'negates' the possibility that we may find out other things eventually.

Such as:

Their parents may be adoptive; maybe they really were born on Wundragore and tinkered with by High Evolutionary (now the standard origin in the comics), and then given to these parents. Or 'alien' abduction; H.E. kidnapped then gave back later.

That is possible, but it may be more likely a different origin for QS... or he alone is an actual mutant, since they may be here/known, at some point. We do know the Infinity Stone still could have given him the powers for . . . reasons.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

There must be a good enough reason if they felt the need to mess with the mindstone origin of her powers, strange already offered a lead into the magical side of the marvel universe, what kind of opening would wanda and pietro offer instead?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    spoilers:
    Yea Indeed Daedra I saw that as well and honeslty I have been speculating for YEARS that if they finally gave Wanda a from the Comic Book accurated costume that THIS one would be one of the Best, what I have title The BATTLE DRESS!

While indeed that could also spell out Natalya Maximoff, she could also sport a look like that too in the MCU as a Version of her costume too.

But indeed either way, what matters is that MOMENT was Beautiful and I got Very Excited seeing even a Tease of the Uncanny Avengers BATTLE DRESS!
    end of spoilers
    This time with UA is the best she has been treated since DA and HoM. I'm sure even recently it wasn't better than this.
    ~ Oberon ~

Extraordinary Member

I think one way to look at this is to ask how this show would be any different if Marvel had never gotten the X-Men rights back. The answer is that it would be pretty much exactly the same except that they would have had to "recast" Pietro with a third actor and there would be no possibility that he could be the Quicksilver from the Fox universe (though we don't know yet that he is). Otherwise it's all based on Avengers and Avengers-related comics and on the origins of Wanda and Pietro as described in Avengers: Age of Ultron, before Feige thought there was a chance in hell of getting the X-Men back.

I'm not against Wanda being a mutant -- in fact, in Civil War she basically was a mutant in all but name, especially with the part about the news media stirring up fear and hatred of her. But it's clear by now that that's not what this show is about.

There must be a good enough reason if they felt the need to mess with the mindstone origin of her powers, strange already offered a lead into the magical side of the marvel universe, what kind of opening would wanda and pietro offer instead?
    Feige probably just wants Wanda to be a magic user so she can go into Strange's sequel, just like Monica is getting powers that will allow her to go into Captain Marvel 2.

Strange is gonna need more magic users to help with the "unspeakable evil" in his movie. And Wanda has naturally been linked to magic from birth, with a combo of learning traditional magic since the 70s.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Nothing in this more or less origin of the twins 'negates' the possibility that we may find out other things eventually.

Such as:

Their parents may be adoptive; maybe they really were born on Wundragore and tinkered with by High Evolutionary (now the standard origin in the comics), and then given to these parents. Or 'alien' abduction; H.E. kidnapped then gave back later.

That is possible, but it may be more likely a different origin for QS... or he alone is an actual mutant, since they may be here/known, at some point. We do know the Infinity Stone still could have given him the powers for . . . reasons.
    It's far less messy to stick with this origin and not keep replacing parents. Comics made that mistake and Wanda's origins became a mess. Keep it slim-lined.

Mags has other kids they can focus on.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I think one way to look at this is to ask how this show would be any different if Marvel had never gotten the X-Men rights back. The answer is that it would be pretty much exactly the same except that they would have had to "recast" Pietro with a third actor and there would be no possibility that he could be the Quicksilver from the Fox universe (though we don't know yet that he is). Otherwise it's all based on Avengers and Avengers-related comics and on the origins of Wanda and Pietro as described in Avengers: Age of Ultron, before Feige thought there was a chance in hell of getting the X-Men back.

I'm not against Wanda being a mutant -- in fact, in Civil War she basically was a mutant in all but name, especially with the part about the news media stirring up fear and hatred of her. But it's clear by now that that's not what this show is about.

Feige probably just wants Wanda to be a magic user so she can go into Strange's sequel, just like Monica is getting powers that will allow her to go into Captain Marvel 2.
    The mind stone origin di not prevent any of that imho

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    It honestly wasn't my favorite episode especially considering (as others have said) they're running out of time to finish up all the loose ends. I think they could have accomplished all this exposition more efficiently... I'm not a huge fan of this "ghost of X-Mas past / taking a walk down memory lane" storytelling, but Elisabeth Olsen did a wonderful job elevating it. Props for a great performance!

The best parts of the episode for me:
    spoilers:
    As CJStriker mentioned, Wanda leaving SWORD so quietly and graciously was a wonderful revelation after we'd seen the misleading footage over and over again of her "breaking into" SWORD. Just the contrast of her going to her car like a normal person and knowing what was told to Monica and the gang was really heartbreaking but satisfying.

Wanda's conversation with Vision in the Avengers compound was also great. (Side note: I'll never really get into Olsen's Sokovian accent because it always sounds like she's also doing a different voice rather than just speaking. That's the only issue I have with Olsen's performance!)

The Vision reveal!! There was some speculation of this, but always great to see real comic book elements come alive.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    - Pietro
    - Tommy and Billy
    - Dottie? Ralph?
    - The beekeeper
    - Those commercials. They might not need to be explained, but they did introduce concepts like Nexus, for example, and they can't just drop it.
    - The multiverse
    end of spoilers

And then do they have to tie it into Dr. Strange and the Multiverse of Madness?
    If they are moving towards this and Dr. Strange 2, Spiderman 3 as funneling us towards a multiverse scenario, it means the villain or architect is from some other dimension or universe, and with magical essence or energies, which does sound like Dr. Strange territory.

But some architect who can see other dimensions or realms, the multiverse, would have scenarios or plot lines to work from.

Someone was talking Mojo and I didn't think so, but maybe it could/ultimately, turn into that.
    The cool thing about some of the '60s Dr. Strange stories was the layers or levels of realms or beings in charge of things, that he had to work through or traverse, to get to the deepest secrets and such.
    So this could be too, that the more it goes on, the more we find someone else is watching someone else, and or pulling the strings.
    That could be Multi - Versal.
    ~ Oberon ~

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

spoilers:
    I like that this episode made Agatha more likable and, potentially, redeemable. I mean, I guess she could still have evil intentions, since they didn't really reveal what are her plans to Wanda's powers and what that book on episode 7 was about; she could still be working for some evil entity or something. But I'm glad that the episode didn't turn her into some child-eating witch like some people were expecting. Sure, she held the kids hostage which is obviously not ethical, but it's clear she was doing it solely to get to Wanda and find out more about her powers, not because she wanted to hurt the kids on some satanic ritual. I feel like it would be hard for her to come back from doing something like that, but the way the episode portrayed her, I feel like it's more possible now that she can actually turn into an ally of Wanda in the future, which is good for those of us who wanted her to be bit more like her comics counterpart.

So many good moments with Wanda in this episode with the flashbacks. That family scene, man.... so wholesome, and then so brutal all of a sudden. It really broke my heart. THE MOMENT SHE SAW HER FUTURE SELF!!!! Vision with all of his wisdom (''what is grief if not love persevering?'' will go down in MCU history as one of the best quotes). Her seeing him like that with S.W.O.R.D.... The freaking terrain he bought for the two of them ''to grow old in''... it was just too much. ScarletVision truly is the best MCU couple and I will not be accepting any differing opinions at this moment.

AND I FREAKING KNEW THEY WERE RETCONNING HER INTO A WITCH! As they should. It was always the best thing about Wanda in the comics. And no, I don't think the show was alluding to mutants at all. They had plenty of opportunity to mention that during the episode. The whole build up was to that reveal in the last scene; they could've easily called her a mutant, say her powers come from a special gene. But the point was revealing the source of her power is Chaos Magic, and she is a Scarlet Witch. I know people are excited for mutants and all, but y'all keep getting your theories shot down all the time while the show continues to take a more obvious path... sometimes the simplest answer is the correct one. If the show is telling us she is a witch, then maybe that's really just what she is. I will agree, though, that this creates an interesting question as to what exactly Pietro's origins are, but the show is not about him and he is dead, so... maybe Marvel just doesn't feel like this is something they need to answer. For now, I will just headcanon he has witch blood like her, which is why he didn't die in the experiments and got some powers, but she ended up getting most of the actual magic mojo due to Chthon influence, just like in the comics.

Anyway, I'm just so happy that Wanda is finally starting to feel like comic book Wanda. Hopefully people can STFU about her being a dollar store Jean Grey now.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    spoilers:
    - Pietro
    - Tommy and Billy
    - Dottie? Ralph?
    - The beekeeper
    - The multiverse
    end of spoilers
    I feel like the final episode will be a little like Endgame with secondary characters getting their "moment" and that's it. My expectation now is that they won't do anything more Monica, Darcy or Jimmy beyond a heroic scene. Some of your "lingering points" have been explained as much as they need to be ... beekeeper, Pietro, engineer. I think the Westview folks will get a New Yorkers from Spider-Man style moment where they are shown to be brave. And it'll all have a cliffhanger/wrapup.
    Last edited by useridgoeshere; 02-26-2021 at 01:08 PM.