Page 61 of 283 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    If this Friday is the "Modern Family" inspired reality than that should probably be the last, right? The TV sitcom hasn't really changed much since Modern Family ended.
    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Since episode 4 was not a sitcom episode, I think the series skipped a decade. So they might have merged the 80s and 90s in episode 5. I was hoping every decade starting from the 50s would be covered. But I guess, the 2000s are all we have left. I don't think there will be laugh tracks in this one. All I'm saying is that as long as WandaVision sticks to the sitcom format, many non-MCU fans will continue to stay engaged. I'm a bit worried that once the typical MCU punchy-kicky stuff starts, they might get turned off. I guess it all depends on what the final battles are like.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Modern Family is presumably the last of the sitcoms, yes. It's also where we'll likely see the actors who will likely play Billy and Tommy in the long term future

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Modern Family is presumably the last of the sitcoms, yes. It's also where we'll likely see the actors who will likely play Billy and Tommy in the long term future
    Yes, I've heard that Modern Family and the Office are the last sitcoms that will be paid tribute to. I was hoping for two more episodes of sitcoms, but I think we only have one more left now. One of the main reasons why I like the sitcom episodes is because of the intro themes. The 70s one is pretty good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp3AU11j56E
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-11-2021 at 01:27 PM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I'm a bit worried that once the typical MCU punchy-kicky stuff starts, they might get turned off. I guess it all depends on what the final battles are like.
    I think this is when you'll probably get more people tuning in, not less. I mean for most casual fans the action scenes are the pay-off. But it all hinges on how it's handled, the duration of the action scenes, and who they're battling.

As for show ideas, granted Star Trek isn't a sitcom, but it would have been cool as hell to see Vision dressed up as Mr. Spock in a Starfleet uniform. Oh well. Something I'll have to ask for in the next life, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I think this is when you'll probably get more people tuning in, not less. I mean for most casual fans the action scenes are the pay-off. But it all hinges on how it's handled, the duration of the action scenes, and who they're battling.

As for show ideas, granted Star Trek isn't a sitcom, but it would have been cool as hell to see Vision dressed up as Mr. Spock in a Starfleet uniform. Oh well. Something I'll have to ask for in the next life, I guess.
    I think the final battles have to be different than what the MCU has offered before. I don't think fans will be pleased if Wanda and Vision wisecrack their way to victory and easily defeat the baddies to save the world AGAIN. I think that would be too samey for many viewers. It has to be a different kind of battle.

I too would have loved a Star Trek reference. Although I figure writers would probably have Vision dressed up as Data due to their similarities. I thought WandaVision missed a chance to do a joke on Vision when he was staring at that computer. They should have had Vision stare blackly at the screen (which would have had a "I'm not a robot" checkbox on it).
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-11-2021 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the next is Malcolm in the Middle before we get to Modern Family.
    I think Modern Family is a week from tomorrows episode. We still have the 90's to get through.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I think Modern Family is a week from tomorrows episode. We still have the 90's to get through.
    I would absolutely LOVE to have two more sitcom episodes. But I just get the feeling Episode 6 will be the last one.

I would absolutely LOVE to have two more sitcom episodes. But I just get the feeling Episode 6 will be the last one.
    Why? We have the 90's Halloween episode and then the Modern Family episode left. I think it'd be hard to do both so quickly in one episode.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    Why? We have the 90's Halloween episode and then the Modern Family episode left. I think it'd be hard to do both so quickly in one episode.
    Because I think they merged the 80s and 90s in Episode 5 due to the fact that they skipped a sitcom episode in Episode 4. I definitely would LOVE to be wrong about that though. Bettany said the last three episodes are the biggest and most exciting. I just don't think that fits with a sitcom vibe:

https://screenrant.com/wandavision-s...-paul-bettany/

80's and 90's sitcoms definitely share a lot of tropes, particularly since a lot of the sitcoms we associate with the nineties started in the eighties.

Notice how when Wanda talks to the twins, there's definitely some Full House-esque music playing in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    80's and 90's sitcoms definitely share a lot of tropes, particularly since a lot of the sitcoms we associate with the nineties started in the eighties.

Notice how when Wanda talks to the twins, there's definitely some Full House-esque music playing in the background.
    That's right. I thought Episode 5 was a blend of late 80s and early 90s sitcoms. That's why I'm thinking Episode 6 will cover the first decade of the 2000s. But the fashion from Episode 5 was unflattering to say the least.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-11-2021 at 10:06 PM.

That's right. I thought Episode 5 was a blend of late 80s and early 90s sitcoms. That's why I'm thinking Episode 6 will cover the first decade of the 2000s
    2000's is it's own decade. I don't think there's gonna be a 2010's episode, cause it's pretty much the present and Wanda and Vision already met and got together in the 2010's.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    2000's is it's own decade. I don't think there's gonna be a 2010's episode, cause it's pretty much the present and Wanda and Vision already met and got together in the 2010's.
    Yep. That's what I think too. That's why I believe that Episode 6 will be the final sitcom episode. Which makes me sad. I liked that format despite its rampant cheesiness. I'm hoping Episode 7 deals with Wanda's origins and past. Could be another exposition-fest. I kind of like it more when the show focuses more on what's going on inside the Hex. Darcy, Monica, and Jimmy are great characters, but I have to say the SWORD/FBI/Military stuff is even cheesier than the sitcom parodies.

Episode 5 was 80's "Family Ties"
    Episode 6 is 90's Halloween + "Malcolm in the Middle"
    Episode 7 is likely 00's "Modern Family"

I think the last 2 will transition from the Modern Family "era" (but won't be a sitcom) and move into modern times.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    Episode 5 was 80's "Family Ties"
    Episode 6 is 90's Halloween + "Malcolm in the Middle"
    Episode 7 is likely 00's "Modern Family"

I think the last 2 will transition from the Modern Family "era" (but won't be a sitcom) and move into modern times.
    I really REALLY hope so. I need more sitcoms in WandaVision!