Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
Dottie is a classic "red herring" i.e. a staple of all TV Shows, and serial stories.

The show wanted to make the Agnes reveal pack a punch so they kind of set up so that you might think that maybe Dottie was the real bad guy, or Mephisto or any such nonsense. They did other misdirection i.e. that scene in Halloween with Agnes faking being under Wanda's spell.

So audiences might have thought Dottie could be the villain but then it was Agatha All Along.

Evan Peters as Ralph was another "red herring".
Not to mention Jimmy's missing persons case and Monica's aerospace engineer.
At the end of the day, Westview residents for all of Wanda's mind-control can go back to their normal lives and contact their family and loved ones. While Wanda lost her family, likely forever. So yeah I think it's fair to argue that Wanda did make a real sacrifice for them even if she did control their minds.

I am kind of amazed that so many people think Wanda is "the next Thanos" for her accidental use of powers she didn't know about or entirely control, while Tony Stark's years of arms profiteering and Ultron-making (which certainly didn't leave many people fit and able to go back to their normal lives at the end of it) doesn't prevent him from being sanctified as a saint.

At the end of the day, Tony killed more people and hurt more people than Wanda did, and that includes Wanda herself.

But that's what happens when a woman gets power. Misuse it once and you weaponize her husband to tearfully go "why did you make me hurt you".
But they'll probably still have lasting psychological trauma from what she made them go through. She gave up her family, that she created, but it was after living out an ideal family life for several days while other people were brainwashed and forced to have nightmares of her trauma.

I don't think Wanda is going to become the next Thanos, maybe Dark Phoenix if anything, but I feel like she still hasn't properly recompensed for what she did. Especially for how long she willingly kept it going.