Page 12 of 283 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Wandavision

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I've heard people say several of the cast members have been on Agents of SHIELD or played Shield agents before.
    Anyone know if that's true?
    One of the rando townspeople was on AoS once. That's it. They aren't the same person.

Well on the outside of the bubble is Agent Woo has been in movies (Antman/related)

We saw Darcy's startled face and I had already heard that person was in the cast.

But those are not from AoS. I think thematically/tonally, those end parts with the control panel sort of remind me of some AoS stuff.

But I guess there is more than one deception going here. The town in the bubble is not what the beekeepers and 'Sword' are doing, they're just trying to figure it out.

I guess. The stork who cannot be vanquished is a clue to something more supernatural going on. Up until 'now' Wanda's powers have been about augmentation, whether her natural genetic abilities or power through the stone.

But in the comics, Agatha, Agnes, was her tutor into the actual Witchcraft arts.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

a delete Scene in the trailer

in the tv serie

there is only the night part

Extraordinary Member

There were several things in the trailers that wasn't in the episode. I don't know if it was deleted footage or if they shot it just for the trailers, which sometimes happens with Marvel.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

It might just be footage from a different episode.

There’s also various “scenes” in the trailers that are actually part of the episode openings.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I've heard people say several of the cast members have been on Agents of SHIELD or played Shield agents before.
    Anyone know if that's true?
    You can always use IMDB and cross check the actors' appearances and work history.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Betranys said Family Ties, Malcom in the Middle and Modern Family are the other shows they parodied.
    Thanks. A little disappointing, but I guess they felt they had to limit the field to the shows that fit Wanda and Vision.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Thanks. A little disappointing, but I guess they felt they had to limit the field to the shows that fit Wanda and Vision.
    Also Malcolm in the Middle is not only a show Disney owns, it was one of the first hit sitcoms that didn't use a laugh track or studio audience.

By the time they get to that episode the show will probably have gotten more serious, so it will make sense to phase out the laugh track while still fitting in with the shows they're parodying.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Such a creepy episode. I’m starting to question if there is a “bad” character here or if this is just Wanda.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    a delete Scene in the trailer

in the tv serie

there is only the night part
    It is still possible we will see this entire scene, perhaps as a flashback in the next episode.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Also Malcolm in the Middle is not only a show Disney owns, it was one of the first hit sitcoms that didn't use a laugh track or studio audience.

By the time they get to that episode the show will probably have gotten more serious, so it will make sense to phase out the laugh track while still fitting in with the shows they're parodying.
    I often watched MitM. The show was hilarious! I just thought we'd see elements of other shows, like Happy Days, Cheers, Friends, WKRP in Cincinnati, Three's Company or maybe even The Jeffersons. Imagine Wanda as Weezie and Vizh with George Jefferson's balding hairstyle...and dance style.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Such a creepy episode. I’m starting to question if there is a “bad” character here or if this is just Wanda.
    Honestly after that stork scene as well as some moments like the rewind at the start and the talking of the neighbors it is likely more is going on then just Wanda, she is not fully in control of all that is going on. Their are definitely hints their is more to this affect things.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    If it weren't for the head writer saying she didn't want to do an Avengers Disassembled type of story (“It was extremely important to me that we not do the lazy thing of having a superpowered lady who can't handle her powers and goes crazy," she told Total Film) I'd be terrified at this point that they were going to make Wanda the villain of the story.

Even knowing they're probably not, I'm still a little nervous at what they might make her do to keep her little bubble reality intact. It's sort of a cross between House of M and Virginia in "Vision" (who of course was supposed to be partly based on Wanda) who went too far trying to keep the illusion of a perfect family intact.

Anyway I wonder when they're going to start showing what happened to Wanda in between Tony Stark's funeral and the start of this show, and also how they're going to do it -- will there just be regular flashbacks or will they find a way to incorporate the flashbacks into the sitcom reality?

Well we got the twins. Now the question is if the same third party is involved as was in the comics?
    Olsen is really nailing this show.