Page 128 of 283 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I think people are looking in to stuff too much. Fietro is just some guy Agatha has 'cast' and Wanda bought it because she wanted it to be true.

No grander mystery. Just fun poking at the sitcom recast trope
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I think people are looking in to stuff too much. Fietro is just some guy Agatha has 'cast' and Wanda bought it because she wanted it to be true.

No grander mystery. Just fun poking at the sitcom recast trope
    Yeah same, I mean when it was addressed in ep 8 I didn't think it wasn't resolved, felt like that is precisely how they were explaining it - which is what his appearance was indicating anyway

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I don´t know, as far a we know Agatha doesn´t have the power to give someone else super speed and Wanda certainly didn´t give him that power either and the next part of the story will be called the multiverse of madness, so there´s a strong case to be made this Pietro is Fox´s Quicksilver who was brought by Agatha and is under her mental control but his powers are his own.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I don´t know, as far a we know Agatha doesn´t have the power to give someone else super speed and Wanda certainly didn´t give him that power either and the next part of the story will be called the multiverse of madness, so there´s a strong case to be made this Pietro is Fox´s Quicksilver who was brought by Agatha and is under her mental control but his powers are his own.
    I think there are definitely a number of questions still open about Pietro (both Pietros!) ahead of the finale:

- First of all, it seems to me like Wanda being a mutant and Magneto's daughter is a door that's been closed. Not because it wouldn't fit with what's just been established in the latest episode, but I just don't see Marvel adding another layer of complexity and revelations to Wanda since it's all been tied up nicely with episode 8.

- Wanda's natural witch powers being augmented by the Mind Stone doesn't quite explain how Pietro got his super-speed. He could also have had witch abilities that the Stone increased, or Wanda could have gifted him with powers (her Hex certainly seems to be able to do that, see Monica) subconsciously perhaps, but it hasn't been said explicitly. A throwaway line to establish it would have sufficed given that the table had been perfectly set for that so I'm now wondering if they left it ambiguous on purpose.

- Evan Peters' Quicksilver... it could go either way really. Either it's some random guy Agatha bewitched and gave super-speed to, or it could be Pietro from another universe. We don't know enough of Agatha's powers to definitively say it's one or the other at this stage.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    The real question is why did Vision choose such a trashy town to settle down in? Or maybe it was a nice community prior Thanos’ Snap.
    That’d be my assumption. Hayward talked about how hard it was just to keep the lights on. Small towns have enough trouble but to lose half their population would’ve been devastating.

If the ungrateful townsfolk try to give Wanda a problem, she can undo all the improvements she made. That’ll teach those crybabies. The scene needs to be “Yes, Wanda gave us a week of hell, but look at town square, downtown, the community pool and Dottie’s roses. I think we can let Wanda off with a warning.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I question how Agatha giving someone powers is too much but straight up bringing someone from an alternate universe is is less difficult

You know i kind of wonder if they are going to go the coven route on this. I was looking up marvel witches and stuff and thought it was interesting. Perhaps Wanda will turn out to be one Enchantresses of Infinity given the infinity stone plot.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Coven...s)_(Earth-616)
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    I question how Agatha giving someone powers is too much but straight up bringing someone from an alternate universe is is less difficult
    Because the next story is called the multiverse and by her own words, she didn´t gave him powers, she just mindcontrolled him but well lest see what the final chapter brings, this is a trilogy story so we will not gat all the answers until after Spider-Man and Dr Strange movies.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I just hope Evan Peters "Pietro" survives in some manner. He had really good chemistry with Elizabeth Olsen. It would be a shame to remove him from the MCU. (Even though I have a nagging feeling he'll end up "ironically" riddled with bullet holes like a "chump" just like the original version.)

spoilers:
    I also hope one of the 2 Visions at least manages to survive. (Although I am pretty sure the one Wanda created will meet his demise, possibly sacrificing himself for Wanda, as a way for Wanda to push forward from her grief, finally letting him go.) But if the White Vision survives at least there is a possibility of his original personality returning in the future. Olsen and Bettany are just so fantastic together!
    end of spoilers
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

This last episode was underwhelming. I was expecting some bigger trigger to let all hell loose and transform the Westview, and it was nothing?

But the nice lil detail was that young Agatha had red energy signature before she sucked the life out of her coven. Just like Wanda. So is Miss Mythical Gal wielding dark magic?

It was nice of Agatha to force Wanda to face her traumas. Therapist/witchlife coach extraordinaire! I hope she survives the end.

And who's gonna bet Wanda will get her heart broken when she sees Hayward's new white weapon? Tehehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    We aren't ever gonna see this addressed I think.

There actually wasn't anyone left in Wakanda who would be inclined to hand Vision over to the US Government ( maybe Nakia but Nakia's not in charge) and there's no way anyone could have made them.

And I don't see S.W.O.R.D. being capable of stealing his corpse out of Wakanda either.
    What would Wakanda have done with Vision's body with Shuri gone? Stripped the Vibranium out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I just hope Evan Peters "Pietro" survives in some manner. He had really good chemistry with Elizabeth Olsen. It would be a shame to remove him from the MCU. (Even though I have a nagging feeling he'll end up "ironically" riddled with bullet holes like a "chump" just like the original version.)

spoilers:
    I also hope one of the 2 Visions at least manages to survive. (Although I am pretty sure the one Wanda created will meet his demise, possibly sacrificing himself for Wanda, as a way for Wanda to push forward from her grief, finally letting him go.) But if the White Vision survives at least there is a possibility of his original personality returning in the future. Olsen and Bettany are just so fantastic together!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Seems like they could possibly merge Hex!Vision's consciousness with White!Vision's body.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by zvrk View Post
    This last episode was underwhelming. I was expecting some bigger trigger to let all hell loose and transform the Westview, and it was nothing?

But the nice lil detail was that young Agatha had red energy signature before she sucked the life out of her coven. Just like Wanda. So is Miss Mythical Gal wielding dark magic?

It was nice of Agatha to force Wanda to face her traumas. Therapist/witchlife coach extraordinaire! I hope she survives the end.

And who's gonna bet Wanda will get her heart broken when she sees Hayward's new white weapon? Tehehe.
    It was underwhelming in the aspect that it didn't advance the plot for many characters. It also zigged when many wanted it to continue forward like the episode before it. Still I liked it and I think many will praise it even higher when the show is finished and all feeling of stress over the lenght of the show will be over. It also cemented on how great Wanda and Vision are. So the MCU will be poorer without them. I'm trying to remain optimistic that both of them and their relationship will be around after Wandavision ends.

Ultimate Member

If Feitro is just an energy construct, that would easily explain his powers.

Or Harkness is just super charging him with magic

New WandaVision still, My gawd Look at them!

I still think Fietro is from the Foxverse. Why would the hell would they cast Peters if that wasn't the case. They're not introducing mutants into the MCU en masse anytime soon. I just think that Feige and Marvel Studios know comic book fans were pissed that Quicksilver was killed off so unceremoniously without developing his character due to the Disney Fox Cold War. So they're trying to fix things now. I think it's very possible he has to be returned home in the Multiverse of Madness. He doesn't belong in this universe. So I don't think Fietro's fate will be addressed by the end of WandaVision. I just don't understand why this "is Wanda a mutant" debate won't die at this point! I mean come on, yesterday's episode was full of "pew pew" magic!