Page 169 of 283 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179219269 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Ultimate Member

You'd think they'd learn their lesson after the reaction to Man of Steel

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    This right here pretty much hits all the nails on the head. I'm not disappointed that most (not all) of the things I speculated would happen, ended up not happening. I'm just disappointed that a very exciting and unpredictable show had a very "meh" and predictable conclusion. And poor Agatha. She had so much promise before they just made her another generic villain only out for power (what is with the MCU and not being able to stick the landing with their villains?)

Overall, I loved WandaVision. But this ending just felt so....uninspired.
    Isn't she not even supposed to be a villain in the comics?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Isn't she not even supposed to be a villain in the comics?
    Agatha was never a villain in the comics. She was introduced in "Fantastic Four" as an old witch who was actually very nice and became their trusted friend and babysitter, and then she became Wanda's mentor in magic.

There's actually more history of Wanda being a villain in the comics than Agatha. It's really sad that they felt the need to do that to Agatha just so Wanda would have someone to fight, especially since the previous episode made it look more like Agatha was helping her.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Agatha was never a villain in the comics. She was introduced in "Fantastic Four" as an old witch who was actually very nice and became their trusted friend and babysitter, and then she became Wanda's mentor in magic.

There's actually more history of Wanda being a villain in the comics than Agatha. It's really sad that they felt the need to do that to Agatha just so Wanda would have someone to fight, especially since the previous episode made it look more like Agatha was helping her.
    I actually think Wanda needs her own villains & Making Agatha a villain just for her adds to her lore and potentially rebrand Agatha as more than just the old had Wanda sips tea with this could be great for both of them if done right.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I think they miscalculated what they were doing with the show. If they wanted it to be about grief and dealing with it, they shouldn't have turned it into a LOST style mystery show with hints and clues that didn't turn into anything. They can't just do that and then backtrack and be like, oh it's just a small show in our own bubble.
    Would you mind specifying which clues didn’t have a pay off? I felt the mystery element of the show was wrapped up neatly by episode 8. I didn’t get any sense of backtracking.

You'd think they'd learn their lesson after the reaction to Man of Steel
    That’s a pretty exaggerated comparison. Superman was responsible for like 100,000 deaths in that movie.
    Last edited by Dipter; 03-05-2021 at 12:28 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Would you mind specifying which clues didn’t have a pay off? I felt the mystery element of the show was wrapped up neatly by episode 8.
    They could have used Enchantress, considering Thor isn't doing that anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Would you mind specifying which clues didn’t have a pay off? I felt the mystery element of the show was wrapped up neatly by episode 8.
    I think he's talking about the cameos, and meta decision such as casting Evan Peters, Ultron ect that people took as "clues" for theories and ran with.

Raised Expectations really were the downfall for some and their enjoyment with this show.

Mighty Member

I think the problem is, we're at a point where the MCU we have in our heads is better than the MCU we are given.
    The first 7 Episodes were setting up something that was going to feel vastly different from what we've seen from this Universe before, and that is needed. This franchise has been running since 2008, we need to spice things up a bit.
    But then it fell apart and went back into the generic MCU formula of just a big fight. I'm going to be honest with you, I'm bored of these kinds of fights. Having a big visual battle isn't any good if the backdrop of your fight is just 'Oh, I just want your power.'
    It's incredibly boring. Of there was any time to break from the formula, it was this.
    I swore off the MCU after Endgame because I felt like that was good ending for the franchise. But after this, I wish I did just swear the whole thing off.
    The sad thing, People liked the different take a lot. It worked and People enjoyed the speculation. But then they just retread the same stuff they did before.
    That wasn't Quicksilver from a different Universe, that was an actor, and they've done that... Twice... And it didn't sit well the audience those times either.
    We could be seeing something akin to House of M where Wanda is the villain? Nope, just make Agatha the villain.
    We have another Vision death scene which is very dramatic? We have a white vision running around.
    Monica now has powers and she's kinda cool? She uses it to stop some bullets and lets Wanda go.
    SWORD are trying to work out what's going on and we're going to get a fun SHIELD like arc with them? Nope, the guy from SWORD was just a generic bad guy who tried to kill some kids.

Honestly, the more I think about the last episode, the less I like it. It's just kind of a **** finale if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I actually think Wanda needs her own villains & Majin Agatha a villain just for her adds to her lore and potentially rebrand Agatha as more than just the old had Wanda sips tea with this could be great for both of them if done right.
    She has some of her own villains. Like Chthon, Samhain and the Salem Seven. She could always use more. But I'm not sure about Agatha. Wanda lost a very important maternal influence. That spot of mentor will likely be filled by Strange in this universe. Someone who has yet to master his own craft fully. Since they haven't yet made him the Sorcerer Supreme. I'd like Agatha to be complicated, and not really a villain. I wish it had been that she was just trying to wake Wanda up from her dream state, and not just that Agatha was the typical jealous power hungry type. I hope they make her more complex if they ever revisit her.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    She has some of her own villains. Like Chthon, Samhain and the Salem Seven. She could always use more. But I'm not sure about Agatha. Wanda lost a very important maternal influence. That spot will likely be filled by Strange in this universe. Someone who has yet to master his own craft fully. Since they haven't yet made him the Sorcerer Supreme. I'd like Agatha to be complicated, and not really a villain. I wish it had been that she was just trying to wake Wanda up from her dream state, and not just that Agatha was the typical jealous power hungry type. I hope they make her more complex if they ever revisit her.
    Those are mostly Z-listers though, aren't they?

Those are mostly Z-listers though, aren't they?
    Doesn't matter how big the villains are. Wanda for a lot of years was a B or C list character. The MCU has made the most under-utilized and least known characters popular.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Doesn't matter how big the villains are. Wanda for a lot of years was a B or C list character. The MCU has made the most under-utilized and least known characters popular.
    I'd say she's B-List until the MCU came out. C-List would be like Gamora.

I don't know if any of those villains have enough story to be movie villains.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    you make it sound like she was actively doing any of this, the truth is it was unwanted, unplanned, unsupervised.
    She absolutely was controlling them, she admits as such to Fietro in the Halloween episode and shows it when she stops the whole town.

I'd say she's B-List until the MCU came out. C-List would be like Gamora.

I don't know if any of those villains have enough story to be movie villains.
    Chthon certainly has and has already been in some animated stuff. I've thought it'd be fun to have Mark Hamill voice him again. And Salems Seven could have gave more depth to Agatha too. They can make anything work in the MCU. They have many times now. They have the Grandmaster and the Collector.

They also aren't shooting for well known or enough story existing in comics. They use references and make their own story from that.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    She absolutely was controlling them, she admits as such to Fietro in the Halloween episode and shows it when she stops the whole town.
    She was but also in a severely depressed state. Wanda wasn't thinking she was hurting people. She was thinking she was giving them this safe environment, controlled so nothing bad could happen. She wasn't in the right mind to consider what it was doing to them.