Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
Honestly, what does prestige tv even mean anymore?

I can understand why people could be put off by the sitcom format. They replicated the old sets to such a degree the corniness has turned to cringe, but I assumed that's part of the creepiness factor. I myself don't care for most of the shows they're referencing before 2000 (I watched Malcom and Modern family when they were on), but I though the whole thing is here to disturb us.

I hope this has nothing to do with mutants. Scarlet Witch, Vision and Quicksilver all deserve their own stories.
When people say prestige TV, I think folks mean shows like the Sopranos, the Wire and Twin Peaks. They're considered serious dramas, while Marvel and DC projects are regarded largely as capeshit garbage. I preferred the more modern sitcoms as well, but I do understand why they used that format. Like you said, the unsettling nature of the surroundings added to the atmosphere of the series. I don't think mutants will play a role in the last episode. I agree with your comments. It should be all about Wanda's family.