Page 121 of 283 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    It's not meant to happen. She is not a mutant, nor Magneto's daughter, for some years. We may not like it but we have to accept that, and that MCu will follow suit.

I think Agatha and her type of Witches have natural access to power, but generally have to earn the rights, be validated or end up 'titled'.

Wanda would be a natural Witch who was unnoticed by any possible elders, due to the war torn strife. But she always had the natural ability and this was magnified (sorry) by the Infinity Gem she came was experimented on/with.

I have always favored the idea when I first heard it some time ago, that the way X Men and possibly FF and others would come into the universe would be by some sort of merging of 'verses from the multiverse.

So I think that is what happens. Dr. Strange and Wanda and possibly others will tame the madness of the multiverse breaking open by merging them somehow. Or it happens as a side effect.

America Chavez who I don't know well, is multiversal too.

It won't be Wanda or anyone 'creating' or causing something to trigger x-genes (or only in some cases).

It will be like they were always here, and the 'rewrite' will explain how they managed to stay hidden.

Certain ones probably didn't and will be past characters, that may be touched on in Eternals.
    im not being sarcastic, im genuinly very happy with this decision, i hate wanda conected to any mutant business, Im even hoping this will make sure 616 wanda will never be a changed back into a mutant.
    Good ridance.

People at some point have to see the writing on the wall. They wrote Wanda out of being a mutant right before her debut into the movies. The did not race to re-establish her as a mutant even after they got the rights back, but raced to bring back the F4. They'd know what the movies/tv were doing to some extent, because it's the same company and even the gaming companies they work with find out what they are doing to make things to sell ahead of time.

They are making Wanda a magic character, which is something they really established already in the 70s.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    People at some point have to see the writing on the wall. They wrote Wanda out of being a mutant right before her debut into the movies. The did not race to re-establish her as a mutant even after they got the rights back, but raced to bring back the F4. They'd know what the movies/tv were doing to some extent, because it's the same company and even the gaming companies they work with find out what they are doing to make things to sell ahead of time.

They are making Wanda a magic character, which is something they really established already in the 70s.
    yup yup, the show cements that permenantly now, thank god

IDC either way but I do have to say a retcon that half their major audience and I am not talking about just this board, don't even acknowledge is hardly written in stone, especially since Wanda has literally no synergy going on I really don't think anything she has going on in the MCU will effect any comic plans for her going forward (if they have any anyway) and today's episode in hindsight doesn't really effect/cement anything. Marvel's just gonna do whatever they wanna do, when they wanna do it, so the whole mutant vs not mutant thing both sides might not wanna get too ahead of themselves.
    Last edited by Journey; 02-26-2021 at 01:25 PM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Red face

It is a Dream Come True Hearing Fans online getting Excited when ;

spoilers:
    The Scarlet Witch Named Dropped for the 1st Tome in the MCU! ^_^
    end of spoilers

https://youtu.be/WmNjiXg1MCA
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

They're focusing on her magic, but that doesn't mean that they'll excise her being a mutant entirely. X-Men makes too much money for them to not capitalize on it and the Magneto connection is too enticing not to use.

Extraordinary Member

I feel like this show has a split personality. With the sitcom stuff, they know they had to be -- strangely enough -- subtle. It wouldn't work if they seemed to be mocking sitcoms or the societies in which they were produced. So they have to try their best to make the sitcom jokes funny, to comment on the '50s, '60s and '70s in a light way (like the difference between Monica's persona in episode 2 and episode 3, reflecting the different ways Black characters were portrayed in pop culture in those eras) and to make it clear that they're not trying to be anti-escapism.

But with the "real world" scenes, basically the scenes in 2.35:1 aspect ratio, they have a habit of over-explaining things and doing a lot of clichés straight, especially with Hayward, who is so over-the-top in his wrongess and sinisterness that I was hoping in vain for some kind of twist.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    They're focusing on her magic, but that doesn't mean that they'll excise her being a mutant entirely. X-Men makes too much money for them to not capitalize on it and the Magneto connection is too enticing not to use.
    Says who? Peitro was the one with the angst about it, Wanda rarely gave a damn about Maggy one way or the other (prior to Bendis' crap)

spoilers:
    This has been a fantastic ride so far, but my main concern is how they’re going to wrap up everything next week for the finale without leaving a ton of plot holes in the aftermath or half-baking it. This episode just opened up more plot threads with the new upgraded White Vision along with the revelation of Wanda’s Scarlet Witch chaos magic surge and her true origin. There’s already the status of (Real?) Vision in the Hex, Monica’s new powers and her position in SWORD, fake-Pietro, the twins magical golems or real and I’m sure a lot of other things not off the top of my head that need wrapping up. They’d have to make the finale be a 2 hour length motion picture to wrap up these storylines effectively and proficiently. There’s also the matter of setting Wanda and Monica up for their upcoming next appearances in the Dr. Strange and Captain Marvel sequels.

My other concern is the direction they took with Agatha. Call me a comic book purist but I have no idea why they couldn’t just keep her like her strict but goodhearted and nurturing comic counterpart, but instead reduce her to a generic powerful evil witch bent out on getting more power. They could’ve easily just kept her mentor angle by having Agatha discover Wanda’s hex around the town and go in to try to understand, train and mitigate Wanda and use that direction to help help her discover and control her growing chaos magic. I know they want to raise the stakes and all with all but they already have a big villain with Wayword utilizing SWORD’s government assets and Wanda rising above her overtaking grief, agony and powers. And I don’t see this ending well for Agatha in the end with this villainous direction if there’s a final battle between her and Wanda. Its a shame because there’s potential for Agatha to reoccur in projects down the line like the Doctor Strange sequel or future Fantastic Four films if they ever bring in Franklin. Kathryn Hahn is a national treasure and shes been an absolute standout in this series and shouldn’t be wasted.
    end of spoilers
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

spoilers:
    Quicksilver is called a "crystalline possession" so we now have confirmation that he is not a golem nor a resurrected Pietro. What they mean by "crystalline" confounds me (aside from perhaps a cheeky reference to Pietro's ex-wife Crystal.) but possession makes it clear that whoever he is, (Peter snatched from the multiverse?) he was being controlled by Agatha.
    end of spoilers
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

They already removed that from her six years ago, with no signs they are reversing it. This is the "So you're saying there's still a chance" meme playing out here. Mutants will have their chance and Feige said he has a five years plan for them. It's just not soon.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

spoilers:
    Sooooo Wanda created vibranium in inside the hex since she created her own Vision and yeah he can't survive outside Westview but he isn't an illuision since Agatha literally talks about Transmutation and molecules using magic etc. then how was Hayward following the Vision Wanda created inside the hex if he had the real one all this time??
    end of spoilers

They already removed that from her six years ago, with no signs they are reversing it. This is the "So you're saying there's still a chance" meme playing out here. Mutants will have their chance and Feige said he has a five years plan for them. It's just not soon.
    I don't think they're going to go in all at once, but they're not going to shut it off either. Have some mystery left over with Fietro and show a post-credits scene.

Wanda doesn't have a place in the x-men world unless they use her brotherhood version, like what she gonna do there

they should make pietro the mutant and Wanda the witch since pietro was on x-factor and sometime in genosha i think

One thing I have to say this **** their doing could potentially be great for Agatha Harkness as a character cause I honestly can't stand the bitch now but I do appreciate her flare for the dramatics! As I was saying before this show who cared about that prune they can make her an iconic villain going forward in the comics if they wanted too I see potential!