Page 185 of 283 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    She knew what she was doing, Vision said it to her 3 to 4 episodes ago. She was in her right mind to control everything consciously. There's a different between grief and being psychotic and Wanda wasn't insane here. She wasn't experiencing psychosis in fact she was well in control of the warp in her immediate vicinity and even expanded it. She wouldn't even get temporary insanity here this isn't comic Wanda
    Talking to someone while they still are in breakdown with a power out of control is not the same as getting through to them. They literally show her not understanding the torture people are in. The whole show is about her not being in her right mind. Grief + otherwordly power that goes out of control depending on emotions is a lot different. You are trying to compare this to actual reality and that's where it fails. She definitely needs therapy and her power could cause psychosis for her, but that's not really what they were detailing there. Just overwhelming depression. She was playing a role as much as everyone else in the town. And needed knocked out of the fantasy.

Again it was the five stages of grief.

Denial (the hex bubble)
    Rage (lashing out at people trying to get through)
    Bargaining (trying to keep onto what made her happy)
    Depression (her overwhelming sadness)
    Acceptance (when she finally was gotten through and realized what she did)

Again Purple Man was doing things on purpose. That's not what the show depicted for Wanda.

And she didn't attack them before lifting the hex. Her powers respond to her emotions and aren't under control. They act outside of her control. It's chaos magic. That's pretty much it's thing. She'll have to take up traditional magic to control it.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Because that’s different than being aware of each person suffering, the torture aspects were unintentional, she was shocked when she realized the true consequences of her spell, also she kept being sucked into her own fantasy, it’s the same control we have when we dream as far as I am concerned
    She was told what she was doing to the citizens episodes ago. She was not psychotic she was capable of making several rational decisions from that confrontation. Vision told her what she was doing.

She was told what she was doing to the citizens episodes ago. She was not psychotic she was capable of making several rational decisions from that confrontation. Vision told her what she was doing.
    She was not in an ok state. She wasn't even out of the denial state yet. What you are trying to inflect goes against what even the showrunners have said they were trying to do there.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Talking to someone while they still are in breakdown with a power out of control is not the same as getting through to them. They literally show her not understanding the torture people are in. The whole show is about her not being in her right mind. Grief + otherwordly power that goes out of control depending on emotions is a lot different. You are trying to compare this to actual reality and that's where it fails. She definitely needs therapy and her power could cause psychosis for her, but that's not really what they were detailing there. Just overwhelming depression. She was playing a role as much as everyone else in the town. And needed knocked out of the fantasy.

Denial (the hex bubble)

Again Purple Man was doing things on purpose. That's not what the show depicted for Wanda.

And she didn't attack them before lifting the hex. Her powers respond to her emotions and aren't under control. They act outside of her control. It's chaos magic. That's pretty much it's thing. She'll have to take up traditional magic to control it.
    That sums it up pretty accurately, there was no evil intent here, just a very human being dealing with very humane trauma being overwhelmed by godly powers she did not even realize she had until she was knee deep into her own fantasy made manifest.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Denial (the hex bubble)

She did do it on purpose because she was aware of what she was doing episodes ago. Vision her most trusted self told her. She even knew what vision was all along and was aware her little bubble was not reality.

You can get psychosis with depression but she was not experiencing that. There are degrees of "not being in her right might" that is not a defence here as she's not psychotic and well aware of carrying out several calculated moves

She did do it on purpose because she was aware of what she was doing episodes ago. Vision her most trusted self told her. She even knew what vision was all along and was aware her little bubble was not reality.

You can get psychosis with depression but she was not experiencing that. There are degrees of "not being in her right might" that is not a defence here as she's not psychotic and well aware of carrying out several calculated moves
    She was not aware. In the show it depicts her as being in the denial stage still. She was not in the right mind to even accept what was being said. It's not difficult to understand. And I'm sure part of her brain knew it was wrong but she was not in the right state to confront it. What you are claiming goes against what the show creators have said is going on.

She was not in an ok state. She wasn't even out of the denial state yet. What you are trying to inflect goes against what even the showrunners have said they were trying to do there.
    She was not psychotic, kidnapping and starving your neighbour because you are grieving which is common is not a defence. You can't even argue that she was completelty dissociated from reality as HoM Wanda was originally argued to be because she was even aware Westview was fake. She was made aware of the situation episodes ago.

She was not aware. In the show it depicts her as being in the denial stage still. She was not in the right mind to even accept what was being said. It's not difficult to understand. And I'm sure part of her brain knew it was wrong but she was not in the right state to confront it. What you are claiming goes against what the show creators have said is going on.
    She was aware of the difference she left the bubble to threaten Hayden, she knew if Vision left he would die. She that Monica came from outside the bubble. She was aware of what she did. She didn't work through her trauma suddenly in the last episode there was no switch that made her suddenly 'sane'. She was not psychotic
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 03-06-2021 at 01:24 AM.

Being told and believing are two different things especially for someone affected by depression, and the hex was playing a part in her perception of reality as well, she wasn’t this evil mastermind puppeteer directing people outside the scene, she became a puppet herself, moment of clarity were alternating with full fantasy engagement moments.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

She was not psychotic, kidnapping and starving your neighbour because you are grieving which is common is not a defence. You can't even argue that she was completelty dissociated from reality as HoM Wanda was originally argued to be because she was even aware Westview was fake. She was made aware of the situation episodes ago.
    Psychosis is a condition that affects the way your brain processes information. It causes you to lose touch with reality. You might see, hear, or believe things that aren’t real. Psychosis is a symptom, not an illness. A mental or physical illness, substance abuse, or extreme stress or trauma can cause it. https://www.webmd.com/schizophrenia/...t-is-psychosis

That is what her powers were doing to her.

She was told what the situation was, that is different from her accepting it into her reality. She wasn't well. And still isn't.

Psychosis is a condition that affects the way your brain processes information. It causes you to lose touch with reality. You might see, hear, or believe things that aren’t real. Psychosis is a symptom, not an illness. A mental or physical illness, substance abuse, or extreme stress or trauma can cause it. https://www.webmd.com/schizophrenia/...t-is-psychosis

That is what her powers were doing to her.

She was told what the situation was, that is different from her accepting it into her reality. She wasn't well. And still isn't.
    I am aware of that and I'm sure you are aware there are different degrees of someones disease being debilitating. Having a degree of mental illness is not an auto defence for what she did. You can try and understand her but that doesn't handwave what she did here. She was cohorent, capable of making decisions, and had awareness of her fake reality vs actual reality

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Being told and believing are two different things especially for someone affected by depression, and the hex was playing a part in her perception of reality as well, she wasn’t this evil mastermind puppeteer directing people outside the scene, she became a puppet herself, moment of clarity were alternating with full fantasy engagement moments.
    As she explained in the last episode Vision was created from a part of her, she knew who he was there was no reason to suspect he was living. She just didn't want to give up her fake family

She was aware of the difference she left the bubble to threaten Hayden, she knew if Vision left he would die. She that Monica came from outside the bubble. She was aware of what she did. She didn't work through her trauma suddenly in the last episode there was no switch that made her suddenly 'sane'. She was not psychotic
    You are thinking because she's angry that she's somehow with it. She was not ready to even face reality at this point.

And no she didn't work through her trauma. The show didn't even say she did. Just lifted the Hex. She has a journey to make and the showrunners said this is just the beginning of that.

Just ignore Exodus Cloak. The typical hater from the x-books, that no matter what, will always see Wanda as the villain, not even when reason hits them in the face.

And yes, as many have said initially Wanda wasn't at full control of her actions, she even believes for a time that the sitcom reality was real, and when she realized all the damage she did, she decided to undo it. Compared to many other heroes of the MCU that killed tons and where more in control of their actions than Wanda, she wasn't the worst. As others have said, she wasn't in her right mind at the moment.

And during the Hallowen episode, the people that was entranced I think it was a thing of Agatha to troll and manipulate Vision, as shown as she did to Herb in Agatha all along song. Remember that in the next episode the SWORD agents were at the limit of the HEX and were active as circus members.
    Last edited by Johnrevenge; 03-06-2021 at 01:33 AM.

I am aware of that and I'm sure you are aware there are different degrees of someones disease being debilitating. Having a degree of mental illness is not an auto defence for what she did. You can try and understand her but that doesn't handwave what she did here. She was cohorent, capable of making decisions, and had awareness of her fake reality vs actual reality
    I'm not handwaving what she did here. I'm just literally telling you that the showrunners have said that these were made for the stages of grief and that in the earlier parts she was still in denial. There are different degrees of disease for sure. But what was going on was not her being a healthy well adjusted adult with sound mind. Not at any part of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Just ignore Exodus Cloak. The typical hater from the x-books, that no matter what, will always see Wanda as the villain, not even when reason hits them in the face.
    Yeah I remember them after the HoM stuff.

You are thinking because she's angry that she's somehow with it. She was not ready to even face reality at this point.

And no she didn't work through her trauma. The show didn't even say she did. Just lifted the Hex. She has a journey to make and the showrunners said this is just the beginning of that.
    She's with it enough to know the difference between the outside world and her reality. And what would happen to Vision if he left the bubble.

I'm not handwaving what she did here. I'm just literally telling you that the showrunners have said that these were made for the stages of grief and that in the earlier parts she was still in denial. There are different degrees of disease for sure. But what was going on was not her being a healthy well adjusted adult with sound mind. Not at any part of the show.
    Vision confronted her mid season. Sure I can agree thats not healthy. However, Thats still not an insanity defence
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 03-06-2021 at 01:33 AM.