Page 269 of 283 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269270271272273279 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,035 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Yes, Schaeffer has said (or hinted) the same thing in other interviews, e.g. this one, where she said, "It would just be my assessment, and I would be so curious to hear what Lizzie has to say, but I don’t think she carries a lot of guilt. I think one of the things that she gained and earned from the events of this series is that she stepped entirely into her power and I think that she has a lot of confidence and I think she embodies it so fully to a point that I don’t think she’s thinking too much about the residents of Westview, which I don’t think is great. I think it’s a little bit of a concern."

Schaeffer isn't involved with Strange 2, but she probably knows a bit about what's going to happen. It concerns me, especially since Vision was the link to her humanity and he's gone (for now). They could go either way with her, and I think they deliberately wanted to leave it ambiguous about whether accepting her destiny as the Scarlet Witch will help her become a better person, or just a different one.

Of course Strange 2 isn't (or at least shouldn't be) her story, so her journey will probably go on in WandaVision 2 or whatever it's called. I just wish I could feel reassured that they won't turn her into a villain, instead of just thinking they probably won't.
    To be fair her whole family just died for all intents & purposes with that on the brain who has time to be concerned about the opinions of some sheep who just got skinned a little but will move on.

They can hold grudges all they want Wanda ain't got time to care when she gets the kids back they'll be her humanity

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    I just read this article about Wanda's role in the upcoming Doctor Strange movie. It contains snips of an interview with WandaVision head writer, Jac Schaeffer. https://thedirect.com/article/wandav...tch-curiousity

The article seems to be teasing the idea that Wanda is going to be making dark moral choices about her new knowledge and power level. To quote: "Schaeffer believed that due to this newfound power, it would make (Wanda's) “human concerns” about right and wrong “drift away.” The article's author implies that Wanda will be repeating the same mistakes she made in WandaVision by misusing her powers to get her family back.
    As she should!! You know I should probably care about Wanda seeming like more of an antihero then full on hero but.....

Woman has to do what she has to do!

Ultimate Member

I hope she's not too antiheroic. I'd like if she learns to be more conscious of what her powers can do to others

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I hope she's not too antiheroic. I'd like if she learns to be more conscious of what her powers can do to others
    I feel she is but in her mind the end justifies the means which I agree with personally.

Extraordinary Member

It reminds me a bit of something Joe Russo said in 2016 about plans for Wanda and Vision: "One character is searching for how to identify with humanity, another who is on a journey away from her humanity towards becoming a very powerful being." We didn't see that in the next two Avengers movies, but it definitely does seem to be something Feige was planning and finally did with "WandaVision."

That doesn't mean Wanda lost her humanity, of course, but she did accept that she can never have the kind of normal life she dreamed of, because her destiny is to be this mythical being.

She has some similarities to MCU Carol Danvers in that way, but I have more confidence that they will allow Carol to reconnect with her humanity (and probably humanize her more by pairing her with characters like Monica and Kamala). I worry that they will just keep having Wanda screw up.
    Last edited by gurkle; 04-10-2021 at 05:07 PM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

I just read this article about Wanda's role in the upcoming Doctor Strange movie. It contains snips of an interview with WandaVision head writer, Jac Schaeffer. https://thedirect.com/article/wandav...tch-curiousity

The article seems to be teasing the idea that Wanda is going to be making dark moral choices about her new knowledge and power level. To quote: "Schaeffer believed that due to this newfound power, it would make (Wanda's) “human concerns” about right and wrong “drift away.” The article's author implies that Wanda will be repeating the same mistakes she made in WandaVision by misusing her powers to get her family back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Man, even the writers are concerned about her .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Man, even the writers are concerned about her .
    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    To be fair her whole family just died for all intents & purposes with that on the brain who has time to be concerned about the opinions of some sheep who just got skinned a little but will move on.

They can hold grudges all they want Wanda ain't got time to care when she gets the kids back they'll be her humanity
    It reminds me a bit of something Joe Russo said in 2016 about plans for Wanda and Vision: "One character is searching for how to identify with humanity, another who is on a journey away from her humanity towards becoming a very powerful being." We didn't see that in the next two Avengers movies, but it definitely does seem to be something Feige was planning and finally did with "WandaVision."

That doesn't mean Wanda lost her humanity, of course, but she did accept that she can never have the kind of normal life she dreamed of, because her destiny is to be this mythical being.

She has some similarities to MCU Carol Danvers in that way, but I have more confidence that they will allow Carol to reconnect with her humanity (and probably humanize her more by pairing her with characters like Monica and Kamala). I worry that they will just keep having Wanda screw up.
    As always I get and sympathize with the worry anytime about Wanda, it is true love of her character that shows itself in fans like you all and it get it too at points! :-)

But Yea I don't believe any of that will be the full case for Wanda in the least, or not to the degree we worry about.

I think Marvel is just playing good PR, cause if you tell a character will be all fine and straight as an arrow for the next movie you could damper ethustism for the story. The Mystery in where a character will head either right or left, right or wrong, light or darkness makes a story all the more curiuos to watch and puts more butts into sets. If we knew how it all turn out or had a idea it be all good or mostly good it might damper ethusism for the story.

Marvel Heroes have always balanced on the sides of Rogue's Good too, even Doctor Strang broke the rules of how the us magic with a price having to be paid are Mordo warned would be for him and I am thinking that MoM will be where it comes do. Captain America broke several laws and did not always do what the goverment wanted becoming a fugitive and as the SpiderMan Movie #1 said a War Crimal!

Now that sounds bad on paper but in the context of the whole of the story and the pieces put together you saw Capt was on the right side that he had to do and Doctor Strange had to bend rules to say his Earth's Realility.

I am still feeling espically with the Postive Hype around Wanda after WandaVision, that we might still get Darker leaning elements to the story, even ones that seem selfish at times.

But Marvel has proven this is not long Batman and Robin 1998 era of Heroes.

These are more complex heroes with human weaknesses and faults but still lead them to moral rights in the end via the messness that Human's always get to their.

Lets give time for this story to develop and not worry it is all bad in the context of what we hear in just words. Heck if we read the ending to WandaVision before the episode aired we think it might be a dark ending for Wanda, yet Love the show showed otherwises and the Fan Reaction has been Overleming Love for Wanda!

So Reality and the Full view of the story will be Way different then the snapshot of just a few words. :-)
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Ultimate Member

I think the difference between Carol and Wanda, at least frim what I see, is Carol is more about self control than Wanda is. On the other hand, Wanda seems a lot more into having a family than Carol.

I see what you mean, though, and I hope Wanda gets more positive connections to other heroes

I think the difference between Carol and Wanda, at least frim what I see, is Carol is more about self control than Wanda is. On the other hand, Wanda seems a lot more into having a family than Carol.

I see what you mean, though, and I hope Wanda gets more positive connections to other heroes
    Wanda is now on a Journey to discover these new powers of hers and that is half the excitement of her and why many have had a positive response to her journey threw and after WandaVision!

I think we need to give time fir Fiege to flesh out her powers but it is the humanity part of Wanda, her strengths and her faults that make her so relatable and why many have gotten behind her!

I say give it time but also it be dishonest not to say that Fiege and Disney are Not taking notice to the positive response Wanda has gotten either!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Ultimate Member

Oh I'm quite sure they're aware of her newfound popularity. I hope to see more new uses of her magic in MoM

Oh I'm quite sure they're aware of her newfound popularity. I hope to see more new uses of her magic in MoM
    Indeed and I would say don’t underestimate the power of that, in the end Marvel and Disney are companies and what is popular they want to keep popular and positive.

It is hard trying to get a character to have the response Wanda has had and at to many times it backfires when tried to hard, but when it does happen like this you don’t toss it away and waste it.

Yes, Schaeffer has said (or hinted) the same thing in other interviews, e.g. this one, where she said, "It would just be my assessment, and I would be so curious to hear what Lizzie has to say, but I don’t think she carries a lot of guilt. I think one of the things that she gained and earned from the events of this series is that she stepped entirely into her power and I think that she has a lot of confidence and I think she embodies it so fully to a point that I don’t think she’s thinking too much about the residents of Westview, which I don’t think is great. I think it’s a little bit of a concern."

Schaeffer isn't involved with Strange 2, but she probably knows a bit about what's going to happen. It concerns me, especially since Vision was the link to her humanity and he's gone (for now). They could go either way with her, and I think they deliberately wanted to leave it ambiguous about whether accepting her destiny as the Scarlet Witch will help her become a better person, or just a different one.

Of course Strange 2 isn't (or at least shouldn't be) her story, so her journey will probably go on in WandaVision 2 or whatever it's called. I just wish I could feel reassured that they won't turn her into a villain, instead of just thinking they probably won't.
    Yet the synopsis for Dr Strange 2 seems to imply that Strange is the one who makes a mistake that results in dark forces being unleashed. The synopsis could be blatantly false but I had thought that Dr Strange 2 would be Wanda's redemption. Either way, I think that thanks to the new Spider-man deal (tying in Dr Strange and Spider-man) to keep Holland in the MCU and COVID resulted in a lot of their original plans getting reworked.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/wandavision-agat...witch-big-bad/

If the showrunner himself says so...
    Since it is an ongoing discussion, I am gonna pick on this article again. While I wasn’t always happy how “ComicBookCast2” had talked about Wanda (Mutants! HoM! Hype!), turns out that other than CBR he is able to talk about it without distorting what the showrunner meant:

I just don't want to see Wanda hurt innocent people again.

Once again the only thing that matters are the quotes from the showrunner. The rest is just conjecture by the article's author. What the showrunner describes is just the kind of struggle any character given such insane amount of power would have.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post

Oh well, at least Wanda wasn’t like that to the people from the “outside world” :

Note: Who made that Video did it after episode 5, when Haywards lie, that Wanda stole Vision’s body, still stood.