Page 88 of 283 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    If true, I'm going to laugh hysterically. Should make for fun times seeing all of the MCU Captain Marvel's fans, many of whom do not read comics and are unfamiliar with the history, getting highly peeved when they see Monica "stealing" Carol's mantle. Have to mark my calendar for that date whenever the CM3 movie release is announced.
    Lol, in the comics didn't Carol even apologize to Monica for taking the name Captain Marvel without consulting her first? Since Monica had it WAY before Carol did.

Since Monica is already a more three dimensional character than Carol in the MCU, I don't think her becoming Captain Marvel will crinkle too many noses. I wouldn't mind MCU Carol dipping out, they focused more on her power than her character. She's been in 3 movies and all I really know about her is that she punches real good...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Since Monica is already a more three dimensional character than Carol in the MCU, I don't think her becoming Captain Marvel will crinkle too many noses. I wouldn't mind MCU Carol dipping out, they focused more on her power than her character. She's been in 3 movies and all I really know about her is that she punches real good...
    They'll develop her character. The plot of her first movie meant that she had to be kind of a blank slate for a lot of it. Brie Larson is a good actor and she'll be able to rise to the occasion when she gets more to do, just like Lizzie and Paul (and soon Sebastian and Anthony).

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Agatha calling Wanda a magical girl when she doesn't have any magical training?

A theory but maybe Wanda met Agatha and she teach her some things and then manipulated her to create the HEX "to make her happy"
    Only problem with that is the fact that Agatha had to introduce herself and said it was "lovely to finally meet" Wanda, implying that they never met prior to the Hex. Aganth's magical girl comment can be based more on the fact that while (as far as we currently know) Wanda has had no training she is (until proven otherwise) using magic.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Seriously? Nobody cares about the ad?
    I care! But I also was invested in the "each commercial represents an infinity stone theory," I just can't see a connection with this one. In fact, because it is so on the nose with the description of symptoms etc. it seems almost like there is little to dissect in the symbolism realm.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    No you're onto something obviously that clown is the Dark Phoenix
    spoilers:
    Lol. Well I don't think that is actually Jean Grey or anything, just that they may be teasing a bigger X-Men connection somehow.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I go with Easter Fun Egg, Nice catch!
    Thanks!
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Could we see something like this next week?

Since the fake Pietro found Monica trying to enter the basement

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I'm pretty much over re-living origins at this point. Just jump right into having powers and start going.
    Honestly, I feel the same. I was hoping that Monica's powers would have already been activated from the moment she was introduced. They could leave the origin of her powers to that period of time when she was off the grid. And the explanation as to why she was powerless in Wanda's alternate reality could have simply been attributed to disruption caused by the hex field as she passed through it. But whatever works at this point.

No you're onto something obviously that clown is the Dark Phoenix
    Winner! Best post of the day so far.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PD98 View Post
    Only problem with that is the fact that Agatha had to introduce herself and said it was "lovely to finally meet" Wanda, implying that they never met prior to the Hex. Aganth's magical girl comment can be based more on the fact that while (as far as we currently know) Wanda has had no training she is (until proven otherwise) using magic.
    Yeah idk why people are still wondering if Wanda's powers are magic when theyve referred to it as being magic several times in the show, including by Wanda last week. It's even in the theme song of the first episode

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Could we see something like this next week?

Since the fake Pietro found Monica trying to enter the basement

Oh man, promises promises. Hopefully Marvel will be that cool and have Fox Quicksilver and Monica have sort of race/fight so we can get a glimpse of how powerful Monica can be.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Anyone else think Agatha Rabbit is Pietro? Being a witch it wouldn't be unusual if the rabbit was her familiar.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 02-19-2021 at 12:19 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah idk why people are still wondering if Wanda's powers are magic when theyve referred to it as being magic several times in the show, including by Wanda last week. It's even in the theme song of the first episode
    To be fair it's been ambiguous whether her powers are magic in "real" life or just within the sitcom, where Vision also has powers he doesn't have in the outside world.

Whenever we see Wanda break character to threaten people, she always does so using only the powers Jimmy Woo describes her as having: telekinesis and telepathy.

It seems obvious that they are going to reveal her as having magical powers, but thy actually haven't quite done so yet.

Timeline?
    spoilers:

5 years passed after SNAP #1
    Vision's body was presumably collected from Wakanda during that 5 year period by SWORD folks
    Then SNAP #2 happened, via Hulk restoring all the prior losses, presumably to their exact location when they were dusted.
    Monica wakes up in hospital room. Doctor Strange and his many Sorcerers presumably collected the heroes to battle Thanos as fast as possible once restored.
    Heroes assemble/fight/defeat Thanos via SNAP #3 (all within the same day of restorative SNAP)

Presumably within a week's time after SNAP #3, a funeral for Tony is held with heroes in attendance (sorry Black Widow, none for you)
    Within 2 weeks of SNAP #3 is when Woo loses his missing person from witness protection, Wanda recovers Vision from SWORD and erects the HEX.
    Definitely TWO weeks after SNAP #3, Monica returns to work for SWORD, and is assigned to Woo's Missing Person's case.

24 hours after Monica is sucked into the HEX, SWORD has set up a base outside.
    With 7 episodes under our nerdy belts and 7 era's visited thus far we can, at minimum believe 7 days have passed, with the series yet to be resolved.

8 MONTHS after SNAP#3 (and with WandaVision presumably over) we have the events of Spiderman Far From Home.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Lol, in the comics didn't Carol even apologize to Monica for taking the name Captain Marvel without consulting her first? Since Monica had it WAY before Carol did.
    Yes, in the comics Carol apologized AFTER Monica brought it to her attention that she had violated an unwritten code between "friends" by using the name without first running it by her.

This is just my opinion, but if Marvel had decided to push Monica as Captain Marvel, I think that would have been better received than Carol. Carol had been on a steady decline in popularity as Ms. Marvel. So naturally all of the claws and baseball bats came out when Marvel decided they were going to make her the First Female over lots of other women who were viewed more favorably.

But to your point, yes, WandaVision is doing an excellent job of giving Monica the kind of character depth that appeals to viewers and readers alike. As long as they don't do something stupid with the character, Monica should emerge easily as one of the most popular characters in Marvel's next wave of cinematic releases.

So about the twins.....

spoilers:
    Do y'all think Marvel just killed them offscreen and they are going the ressurection route and this was a way to make it less dark? My mind is saying no seems wasteful to kill them off after they just discovered powers but with 2 episodes left I can't help but question what if...
    end of spoilers