Page 94 of 283 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

So, my speculation on timing/events based on what we've seen ...

(1) During the 5-year gap, Vision's body is reclaimed by the US and ends up in SWORD's hands. I'm surprised Wakanda would give up so much vibranium, but everything would've been chaos and without Shuri, no one could restart him.

(2) Everyone returns, Thanos defeated, Tony's funeral, Wanda goes looking for Vision.

(3) Wanda finds Vision, frees him from SWORD's diabolical plans.
    Wanda would not be able to restart Vision. Someone (who isn't Agatha) shows Wanda how to live her dream life with Vision.

(4) Wanda and Vision end up in a house in Westview NJ.
    Mystery villain pushes Wanda w/Vision towards Westview. Maybe it's a special place, a physical nexus? Hex and sitcoms start. If Nightmare, maybe Wanda dreams about that kind of idyllic life from seeing US reruns in Sokovia and he makes it real.

(5) Agatha arrives as sitcom reality starts, causes trouble, kills dog.
    She could be an agent of the big bad but I'm going with this being multiple agendas. Agatha is drawn by the magical energy. She monitors Wanda, wants to use her for her own purposes, maybe wants to disrupt big bad's plans. Pietro was trying get intel from Wanda, so if he works for Agatha, then Agatha doesn't know how the hex started.

For mystery villain and Agatha, Wanda is the prize as a Nexus being (based on the ad).
    For Hayward, Vision is the prize.
    For Wanda, it's Vision + kids that are the prize.
    No one except Darcy/Monica/Jimmy/Vision care about the people of Westview.

At some point, we get a moment where the people of Westview surround the heroes and defend them, like the New Yorkers did in Spider-man.
    Last edited by useridgoeshere; 02-20-2021 at 12:03 PM.

So we haven't gotten MCU Agatha's backstory but it seems that she will probably be hundreds of years old, if not older.

So why would AH or for that matter, use this convention of old time / moving to current, sitcoms as the perfect reality?

Since Wanda had mentioned the childhood connection of watching reruns/TV in her home country, that 'sorta' explains her perhaps, but what
    really would Agatha get from that illusion?

This is why I still wonder about that. In some ways there are 2 threads in terms of antagonists. The possible tech threats of SWORD with Heyward's agenda

and of course this one with AH or someone else 's agenda.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

The potential logistics of this town in NJ may play back to earlier movies; the Captain America ones, and possibly still contains the idea of a tech-freak like Arnim Zola being responsible for this TV stuff - since he's been a ghost in the machine, so to speak, for decades, yada yada.

But even if he was somehow involved, he would possibly be subject to the great magic. So that could also explain why everything moved from past to future; his tech/influence was also devolved - but he was used to that as we know from Winter Soldier and other quips. As the 'reality' evolved through a timeline, so did his tech and abilities.

I could see an epilog where he is shown on a monitor at the end, and the idea is he too, is now free like we assume Westview will be. A foreshadow for other plots.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

If Agatha gets redeemed in WandaVision, then there's an excellent chance that she could tutor Wanda in magic. Look, Wanda is sort of like Django Reinhardt of magic. A major virtuoso with tons of natural talent. However, he never learned to properly read music. I think Wanda has trouble controlling her powers. So by being taught by Strange it would be like Reinhardt going to study to the Berklee College of Music because he admired the work of a professor working there and wanted to learn from him/her. Doctor Strange HAS been trained in magic, and I think he's gotten so advanced now that he can teach others about it. I found this quote about Harkness online which you might find interesting and funny:

"Yeah I’m curious how much like the comics she’s gonna be. Like, are they gonna reveal that the reason we didn’t see her face before she transformed her outfit into the 50s style is because she’s actually visibly really old like Agatha is in the comics? If she really is well over 12,000 years old, that could allow for an amusing exchange between her and Strange. She could recognize him as the Ancient One’s successor and tell him she had already learned the most advanced magicks before the Ancient One learned how to walk, so don’t even bother trying to fight her. It's going to be interesting to see whether or not the MCU attempts the Herculean task of reworking Marvel's disparate magics into a single system or if they say "**** it" and let different magics be different. The MCU's initial take of trying to keep everything mostly sci-fi with Clarke's Third Law has been increasingly breaking with Dr. Strange needing to do straight-on magic stuff, and fact of the matter is the comics just kinda go hogwild with it. Like, even wrapping all of these magics as forms of cosmic energy ties things up more than the comics ever did, a universe where Satan, every mythological pantheon, and with them every mythological afterlife exist together."

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    It's fun you say that like Monica isn't the character who's had the least right and claim to the Captain Marvel name, she never had anything to do with Mar-Vell, skrulls or the kree she got the name purely so Marvel could keep the rights to it
    Let's not make the mistake of conflating what happened in the fictional world with what occurred in the real world.

In the fictional universe, Earth's media coined the name "Captain Marvel" for both Mar-Vell and Monica. The media is the only one with a natural claim to it. But whom they bequeath the name to has much a right as anyone else. It really is as simple as that. That's the only rational in-universe perspective.

But the real world? We know the actual reasons why Monica no longer has the name is a deeper story. And no, it's not as simple as some fictional "natural claim" to one man's fictional legacy. We know how Marvel's bullpen operated back then, thanks in part to comments made by John Byrne on his forum regarding the environment perpetuated at that time. Monica never really stood a chance of keeping the name.

Sure, I have more thoughts on the matter, but never mind what I think.

In the fictional world, Carol apologized, so at some level she understood that Monica had an established right to the name as well.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 02-20-2021 at 09:24 AM.

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

Love the catchy tune to 'Agatha All Along'.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Was anyone else expecting to see the Ringmaster and his henchmen in that interlude with the circus people?
    Yes! Maybe not the actual Ringmaster, Princess Python, Human Cannonball, et al., but some type of callback homage to the group. That would have gotten a chuckle out of me for sure. An opportunity missed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Let's not make the mistake of conflating what happened in the fictional world with what occurred in the real world.

In the fictional universe, Earth's media coined the name "Captain Marvel" for both Mar-Vell and Monica. The media is the only one with a natural claim to it. But whom they bequeath the name to has much a right as anyone else. It really is as simple as that. That's the only rational in-universe perspective.

But the real world? We know the actual reasons why Monica no longer has the name is a deeper story. And no, it's not as simple as some fictional "natural claim" to one man's fictional legacy. We know how Marvel's bullpen operated back then, thanks in part to comments made by John Byrne on his forum regarding the environment perpetuated at that time. Monica never really stood a chance of keeping the name.

Sure, I have more thoughts on the matter, but never mind what I think.

In the fictional world, Carol apologized, so at some level she understood that Monica had an established right to the name as well.
    Monica had no right to it that's just fact, Carol apologizing is plain nonsense for many reasons main one I'll bring up is by the time Carol started using it, Monica had already given up the name decades ago, and the only people who used it since all either knew or had a personal connection to Mar-Vell.
    If anything Monica should be apologizing for taking the name of someone she never even met.

And I've still gotten 0 evidence on how Carol is allegedly getting replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    If anything Monica should be apologizing for taking the name of someone she never even met.
    I'm not sure what your real name is, but do apologize to the first person who had it and/or their relatives when you get a chance.

And I've still gotten 0 evidence on how Carol is allegedly getting replaced.
    I never pushed that, I merely commented that it would be hilarious how Carol stans and others would lose their minds, if and when.

I am kinda confused about the sitcom part.

I thought the sitcom stuff was being played out into the real world right? That is how Darcy was watching.

But... why would spoilers:
    Agatha tell the real world what is going on via sitcom stuff in her little villain song?
    end of spoilers

That doesn't make any sense to me. Telling Wanda, sure, but the whole "its been me all along so funny sitcom!" thing is just weird. It seems to break the point of hte show... that was only for "us"... the audience. Almost 4th wall breaking no?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Well the episode was literally called “Breaking the Fourth Wall” heh

I see some people were annoyed that the only reveal this episode was the obvious one, but you have to keep in mind that MCU content is made for the general public first, and comic geeks second. I’m sure the twist was effective for those who knew nothing of the source material.
    Last edited by Dipter; 02-20-2021 at 10:12 AM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

I thought the sitcom stuff was being played out into the real world right? That is how Darcy was watching.

Agatha tell the real world what is going on via sitcom stuff in her little villain song?
    end of spoilers

That doesn't make any sense to me. Telling Wanda, sure, but the whole "its been me all along so funny sitcom!" thing is just weird. It seems to break the point of hte show... that was only for "us"... the audience. Almost 4th wall breaking no?
    I mean, the name of the episode is literally ''Breaking The Fourth Wall'', so... maybe that was exactly the point. To give the show a Deadpool kind of moment. WandaVision is a very different kind of production for Marvel, so they don't really have to play by the rules.

Another possibility is that the final musical sequence wasn't actually being shown to the audience, but to Wanda, in her mind. Remember, right before we got the sequence, we see spoilers:
    Agatha using mind powers on Wanda. Maybe that was just Agatha's way of revealing herself to her.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

end of spoilers

They mention in the scene with Hayward that "WandaVision" is no longer being broadcasted outside the hex. The number was simply for Wanda or more likely Agatha's amusement.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I'm not sure what your real name is, but do apologize to the first person who had it and/or their relatives when you get a chance.
    Nice false equivalence and funny how you wanna be quick to say "Carol apologized" but when it's turned around now it's unreasonable.

So how wil they make Wanda's psychic and chaos magic powers different to each other