Page 100 of 283 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    yooo my mind is blown we been accidentally callling agnes agatha all this time and when i finally get her name right i'm hit with the it's been agatha all along. LMAO. i didn't think i would enjoy this show this much. lol.
    Yhea ..... it took me a couple of days to stop singing that song in my head
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Oh wow, that is a terrible name for their hybrid character lol.

I agree that Mephisto and Chthon don't really have much in common. However if Marvel is wary about creating a Devil type of character for the MCU, maybe they feel they could soften him by bringing in some aspects from Chthon, especially if they feel Mephisto is the more popular villain. I remember we heard Mephisto was supposed to be the big bad for the Defenders Netflix TV show, so maybe that was something they threw around if there was any truth to that rumor.

I am 100% with you on Wanda being separated from the X-Side. I want her to be a mutant again since she was a mutant since her creation, but being Magneto's daughter was a retcon of a retcon and only brought her grief. Let Lorna remain as Magneto's sole living child.

I've heard the theory that Doom might be Monica's source, not Reed. It would be a good way to tie him in with Wanda now as well.

All the rumors I've heard about Giancarlo Esposito is that he's playing Magneto in the MCU.

I hope not General Ross. He seems like such a random choice and I can't imagine anyone would be interested in seeing him, especially in this storyline.
    Thing is the actor, William Hurt, is too good to be wasted for just a nothing role. Ross becomes Red Hulk but is certainly about military rule kind of stuff, so he is an antagonist with a big agenda. He will figure somewhere, maybe not here, I guess.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Congratulations on this thread's 100th page!
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yet Magneto is not really a villain for Wanda, for all their interactions in comics Wanda never really get to properly fight back.
    Even in AU she just plays the sad innocent daughter for him or straight up got murdered by him for the "greater good".
    Granted she didn't get to fight Chthon directly as well, but Chthon is very consistantly framed as the villain Wanda needs to take down/overcome, while Magneto is, well, Magneto, a character way more "important" than you that when he is with you, the story is most likely not about you.
    You are really drawing some false equivalence here, I mean most people who want Magneto to appear in WandaVision certain do not want to see his ass get whooped by Wanda or something, they expect them to be this wholesome family they never were. Or have some other none-existent dynamic they conjure up in their head.
    Magneto for Wanda is basically the ultimate "All hype without any closure", basically he brings nothing to the table for Wanda.
    I wouldn't say that, as several of Wanda's most well known storylines do feature Magneto in some capacity. "Darker than Scarlet," "Children's Crusade," both of the Vision and Scarlet Witch minis, and for better or worse, the most infamous story " House of M. " Heck, if you want to own the most important piece of her comic mythos, then you have to pick up her first appearance in X-Men #4 as a member of Magneto's Brotherhood. No amount of retcons can change her real world publication history. The relationship was even explored in two very popular X-Men Animated programs. (Evolution and WatX) Ignoring or erasing the character's rich past and relationships doesn't make for better stories, quite often it does the opposite.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I wouldn't say that, as several of Wanda's most well known storylines do feature Magneto in some capacity. "Darker than Scarlet," "Children's Crusade," both of the Vision and Scarlet Witch minis, and for better or worse, the most infamous story " House of M. " Heck, if you want to own the most important piece of her comic mythos, then you have to pick up her first appearance in X-Men #4 as a member of Magneto's Brotherhood. No amount of retcons can change her real world publication history. The relationship was even explored in two very popular X-Men Animated programs. (Evolution and WatX) Ignoring or erasing the character's rich past and relationships doesn't make for better stories, quite often it does the opposite.
    Those aren't her most famous, but HoM is definitely most infamous. Vision and the Scarlet Witch, he comes by once in the 2 volume series. And that's the Thanksgiving issue. Those are also a few stories out of the thousands she's been in. And she has very limited interaction with him actually in those.

In UXM, she was there for 9 issues. Then in Avengers for the next 40+ years before AD/HoM even happen. It's been six years since the retcon.

Animated never progressed her past her Brotherhood years.

It's not a rich relationship. People just over-exaggerate the link because mutants.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Since Bettany is British, he might want to work with fellow Britons. I think dudes like Tim Roth and Colin Firth might be in the mix. But what would be REALLY funny is if Ralph Fiennes actually plays Ralph in the show. That would be hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Those aren't her most famous, but HoM is definitely most infamous. Vision and the Scarlet Witch, he comes by once in the 2 volume series. And that's the Thanksgiving issue. Those are also a few stories out of the thousands she's been in. And she has very limited interaction with him actually in those.
    He appeared 3 times, the Thanksgiving issue and for the birth of grandkids Luna and later the twins. And I did say several of her most well known storylines not every issue of Avengers published. But not counting the "Witch on Wundagore Mountain," "Avengers Disassembled," "Visionquest," the Giant Size Wedding issue and the most recent Robinson series (which honestly isn't well known outside of hard-core fans) what would you consider the most well known Wanda-centric stories? The kind of story that comic fans may have heard about even if they never actually read a single Avengers book (ala "the Dark Knight Returns," or "God Loves Man Kills").

Animated never progressed her past her Brotherhood years.
    For all X-Men related purposes it didn't need to. I mean characters like Scott and Jean never left to form X-Factor either. (People still seemed to really love that Goth version of Wanda in Evolution regardless.)

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    He appeared 3 times, the Thanksgiving issue and for the birth of grandkids Luna and later the twins. And I did say several of her most well known storylines not every issue of Avengers published. But not counting the "Witch on Wundagore Mountain," "Avengers Disassembled," the Giant Size Wedding issue and the most recent Robinson series (which honestly isn't well known outside of hard-core fans) what would you consider the most well known Wanda-centric stories? The kind of story that comic fans may have heard about even if they never actually read a single Avengers book (ala "the Dark Knight Returns," or "God Loves Man Kills").

For all X-Men related purposes it didn't need to. I mean characters like Scott and Jean never left to form X-Factor either. (People still seemed to really love that Goth version of Wanda in Evolution regardless.)
    Wanda's most well known stories have to do with her and very few people outside of comics nerds have read those. The only reason people link her mostly to the others is because they read them for them being linked to mutants, not Wanda. The importance isn't even put on her in some of those. And one of them she isn't even awake, lol. The MCU made Wanda famous. Nothing else.

Avengers #234
    Giant Size Avengers #4
    Avengers #104

Stuff like that. That establish her origin and are things that the show is calling on as well. But it must be only HoM right? Because people looked on Pinterest and saw how super important that is to Wanda, lol.

Exactly. It's more about mutants than Wanda.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Yep some people just want mutnts and magneto being Wanda's father at any cost. Good thing fans don't run MCU

Extraordinary Member

It's a bit moot now because Wanda is now best known for a story where she's not Magneto's daughter or a mutant (unless they introduce "Magneto was her father all along" and I really don't think that's likely). Before this year, even with the MCU, she was probably best known from the X-Men cartoons, because her parts in the MCU were small and she was rarely the first character people talked about after seeing an MCU movie.

If "Pietro" really does turn out to be Fox Quicksilver I hope they get to have a chat about how his dad is a guy with magnetic powers, while her universe's Quicksilver was the son of a couple of Eastern Europeans who got killed in the '90s, so obviously they can't be related. That would simplify everything considerably.

(I'm not against Magneto being their father in the comics... though I do think at this point they should stop retconning their parentage. But I am glad that more people now know that she's an interesting character without Magneto being involved.)

I think WandaVision has done a great job on focusing on the people that really matter to Wanda: Vision, Pietro and Agatha.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    It's a bit moot now because Wanda is now best known for a story where she's not Magneto's daughter or a mutant (unless they introduce "Magneto was her father all along" and I really don't think that's likely). Before this year, even with the MCU, she was probably best known from the X-Men cartoons, because her parts in the MCU were small and she was rarely the first character people talked about after seeing an MCU movie.

If "Pietro" really does turn out to be Fox Quicksilver I hope they get to have a chat about how his dad is a guy with magnetic powers, while her universe's Quicksilver was the son of a couple of Eastern Europeans who got killed in the '90s, so obviously they can't be related. That would simplify everything considerably.

(I'm not against Magneto being their father in the comics... though I do think at this point they should stop retconning their parentage. But I am glad that more people now know that she's an interesting character without Magneto being involved.)
    If Pietro is really from Fox x-men , he will just return to that universe. he has a sister and a mother there. I think he is just a construct .

Yeah Wanda is independent from Magneto on MCU, there isn't a reason to make him the father.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    If Pietro is really from Fox x-men , he will just return to that universe. he has a sister and a mother there. I think he is just a construct .

Yeah Wanda is independent from Magneto on MCU, there isn't a reason to make him the father.
    That makes sense to me. Respect the character of Quicksilver by bringing a version of him to WandaVision, but send him back home because it would be wrong to pull alternative versions of dead characters (who died in the main MCU universe) from other universes.

Wanda's most well known stories have to do with her and very few people outside of comics nerds have read those. The only reason people link her mostly to the others is because they read them for them being linked to mutants, not Wanda. The importance isn't even put on her in some of those. And one of them she isn't even awake, lol. The MCU made Wanda famous. Nothing else.

Avengers #234
    Giant Size Avengers #4
    Avengers #104

Stuff like that. That establish her origin and are things that the show is calling on as well.
    I dunno, I'm kinda lost here! I mentioned above that the wedding issue is a popular non-Magneto non-mutant focused issue (The cover alone to Giant Avengers #4 is iconic) but Avengers #234 retells her past with Magneto and the fact that he is her father and Avengers #104 is a story with the mutants hunting Sentinels and Trask. I guess I am misunderstanding what you are trying to tell me.

Exactly. It's more about mutants than Wanda.
    Well, Wanda IS a mutant in these shows. The 90's Iron Man cartoon was a show more about Force Works than Wanda also. Doesn't mean the audience couldn't enjoy the character when she was on screen.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I think WandaVision has done a great job on focusing on the people that really matter to Wanda: Vision, Pietro and Agatha.
    And Billy and Tommy as well too!

This show has introduced the WANDAVERSE to the Whole of the World to both Hardcore Fan and General Public alike with such desire for its content that Disney+ broke down over it!

The world as we know it will never be the same again for Wanda and Her Fans, this is truly groundbreaking I have never seen anything like this, it is truly a Phenomenon and it is About Wanda and Vision!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!