Page 181 of 283 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231281 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    The MCU rogues gallery needs a major shot in the arm. And fast.
    They're using Kang. Any other major villains missing? We still haven't seen MODOK, Enchantress, Moonstone or the Wrecking Crew, or Viper or Absorbing Man

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I see. It still felt like an odd detour to me
    It sort of is, but grief does that to people. Hawkeye is trying to make sense of a world that simply cannot make sense anymore, since his family is gone. He chooses to do so by inflicting pain and death on those who, in his mind, should have been destroyed by the Snap instead of the good people like his wife and kids who should have been spared. Unlike Wanda, who retreats into memories of family and the dream of a happy and perfect suburban life in an attempt to hide from her pain, Clint unleashes his pain on others. He drowns himself in it until there is nothing of the good man he was left within him, doing terrible and unjustifiable things and knowing full well that he will only feel terrible about it later. He doesn't want to stop hurting, he doesn't want his pain to end. Because his pain is his connection to what he has lost. So he feeds his pain with rage and guilt to stoke it like a fire and keep it burning.

All I can say is that if Charlie Cox is just "stunt casting" in Spider-Man 3, I think the **** will REALLY hit the fan.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I indeed get where you are coming from Albert1981, Honeslty I feel that ZeroBG82 below has said it better then I really ever could on how this should all really be view, espicaly by Wanda Fan like us.

Please Read it, You we get where I and I others have been trying to get across, but ZeroBG82 does it right!
    I see where you two are coming from. I'm still a little bit worried about Wanda's future, though. She could easily become a villain of some sort if the writers choose to go in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    They're using Kang. Any other major villains missing? We still haven't seen MODOK, Enchantress, Moonstone or the Wrecking Crew, or Viper or Absorbing Man
    Sounds good. The MCU's villain problem STILL hasn't been dealt with yet. They've had thirteen years to fix it!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    It sort of is, but grief does that to people. Hawkeye is trying to make sense of a world that simply cannot make sense anymore, since his family is gone. He chooses to do so by inflicting pain and death on those who, in his mind, should have been destroyed by the Snap instead of the good people like his wife and kids who should have been spared.
    In other words, man pain > woman pain.

A white dude goes on a rampage to murder foreign non-white gangsters in Mexico and Japan solely to find bodies he can pump through with holes is noble and tragic. But one woman, a foreign immigrant, coming in and accidentally using her abilities which doesn't kill anyone or permanently transform anything, is "future Thanos".

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I was going to reply to a bunch of things, but... yeah. This right here. You summed it up pretty nicely how I feel, and what I think was the intention of the writers of the show. I honestly don't get why there's even so much debate about this here. It doesn't seem very hard to understand to me. Then again, maybe I have my own bias as a Scarlet Witch fan.

I wonder if there's gonna be this much debate around Clint Barton's morality and ethics once his show drops and he is inevitably portrayed as the hero, even though he is a mass murderer who got away with it and had to face zero repercussions or consequences for his actions.
    Indeed you are very right, when you see this episodes clips over and over agian in the reactions the View Me and You Drops Of Venus and other like ZeroBG82 put so well just keeps adding up to these views. I get more and more what the writers where trying to get at with Wanda, not as bad but as we are talking about right now and how we feel about how she was truly supposed to be viewed by the writers.

But as always story and characters will click differently with differnt people, but I keep going around the net and STILL all I keep seeing is Love for Wanda, not as much debate as we have here on CBR. Yea it is around but not as much as I thought, mostly this show has been a Hit for Wanda!

It is also very good to talk to you Drops Of Venus, Very Happy to hear your support and fandom love for Wanda!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post

A white dude goes on a rampage to murder foreign non-white gangsters in Mexico and Japan solely to find bodies he can pump through with holes is noble and tragic. But one woman, a foreign immigrant, coming in and accidentally using her abilities which doesn't kill anyone or permanently transform anything, is "future Thanos".
    Again, Very Well Put Revolutionary_Jack, I am like how you are breaking down this in your posts.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

All I can say is that if Charlie Cox is just "stunt casting" in Spider-Man 3, I think the **** will REALLY hit the fan.
    That one was a reportedly of him on set, so it could be true. Might not be. So anything unless it's fully confirmed should be taken with a grain of salt.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Hawkeye, Winter Soldier and Black Widow have plenty of blood on their hands.

I see where you two are coming from. I'm still a little bit worried about Wanda's future, though. She could easily become a villain of some sort if the writers choose to go in that direction.
    If they'd continue with the villain thing they'd just be giving up on any heroic arc for her. And I don't see them doing that. They seem to be just making her earn her stronger powers and title.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Does anyone else hope her costume becomes a brighter red, the current color is too Foxneto for me

Yep i get that concern, but I don't worry so much about such bridges until their is a good amount of evidance to say so. So Far All I saw was Wanda Looking like her weird yet classic self trying to learn how to control her powers and the book was the only key she had at that moment.

So Yea I say as my philosophy, try not to be so concerned over that of which has not be concluded to happen yet, just take the best you have now and work with it while adding on as much knowledge as you can to enjoy your favorites like Wanda.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Well for one, the Yakuza and cartels are not random innocent civilians being tortured, like the people of Westview, to start.

It's also clearly not accidental at a certain point. We know Wanda is controlling the actions of the people of the town at will, both the townspeople and Wanda say so.

Mighty Member

Well, I suspect the fact that dude uses a sword while the woman rewrites reality at a whim may be playing into that attitude a bit as well.

But yeah, if people are willing to forgive Hawkeye because he tried to throw himself off a cliff on Vormir, then forviging Wanda should be a no brainer.

Not to mention the fact that three weeks prior to these events Wanda chose to sacrifice the man she loved in an attempt to save half of all life in the universe. If an act of such purely, unselfish heroism doesn't reveal your true colors, I don't know what will. Again, not looking to excuse her actions in Westview. Just that I think somebody is more than their mistakes, even their biggest ones.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Well for one, the Yakuza and cartels are not random innocent civilians being tortured, like the people of Westview, to start.

It's also clearly not accidental at a certain point. We know Wanda is controlling the actions of the people of the town at will, both the townspeople and Wanda say so.
    Yeah, but Hawkeye made a conscious choice, and continued making that choice FOR 5 YEARS. Wanda did something inadvertently, and then let herself get blinded by overwhelming emotions. It took her, what, less than a week to realize that she was doing the wrong thing and instantly take action to attempt to remedy it?
    Last edited by ZeroBG82; 03-05-2021 at 09:20 PM.