Page 186 of 283 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    She's with it enough to know the difference between the outside world and her reality. And what would happen to Vision if he left the bubble.
    And that doesn't mean at all that she's well. That just means she has basic common sense. Not everyone with mental illness is devoid of that. You know we don't just sit around and drool on ourselves right?
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Thread's too long to read - but for those watching the final episode - there are TWO stingers at the end. So hang out ALL the way through.
    I originally watched - and stopped after the first. Was discussing it with my boss - who mentioned something that happened in the second stinger.
    I thought he was pulling my leg - but sure enough - he wasn't.

So figured I'd provide some friendly advice.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

She's with it enough to know the difference between the outside world and her reality. And what would happen to Vision if he left the bubble.

Vision confronted her mid season. Sure I can agree thats not healthy. However, Thats still not an insanity defence
    This isn't court and I already explained to you what was going on. You are going nowhere with this.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    And that doesn't mean at all that she's well. That just means she has basic common sense. Not everyone with mental illness is devoid of that. You know we don't just sit around and drool on ourselves right?
    Which is exactly what I'm saying. You can't use Wanda was not aware of what she was doing as an argument to excuse the torture of those in Westview based on that 'basic common sense'

Which is exactly what I'm saying. You can't use Wanda was not aware of what she was doing as an argument to excuse the torture of those in Westview based on that 'basic common sense'
    I'm not excusing the torture. I'm saying she wasn't well enough to accept reality earlier on when talking to Vision. She wasn't at that stage. You can look up what the director and writer were trying to do if you are still confused.

Realizing one thing doesn't mean realizing all things. You are trying to oversimplify a complicated illness along with powers that aren't easily defined because of a hate boner.

I am aware of that and I'm sure you are aware there are different degrees of someones disease being debilitating. Having a degree of mental illness is not an auto defence for what she did. You can try and understand her but that doesn't handwave what she did here. She was cohorent, capable of making decisions, and had awareness of her fake reality vs actual reality

As she explained in the last episode Vision was created from a part of her, she knew who he was there was no reason to suspect he was living. She just didn't want to give up her fake family
    Nice try but in the last episode she finally reached a sense of clarity and she was able to put the pieces of her memory back together, this has nothing to do with the state she was in during previews episodes when the hex was in full effect and influencing her memory/perception as well.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I'm not excusing the torture. I'm saying she wasn't well enough to accept reality earlier on when talking to Vision. She wasn't at that stage. You can look up what the director and writer were trying to do if you are still confused.
    And you responded to my original post, which was in response to a user who said the trauma on the citizens was reversible. And I said that level of trauma was akin to something Purple man has done. My main point is it is not an excuse.

And you responded to my original post, which was in response to a user who said the trauma on the citizens was reversible. And I said that level of trauma was akin to something Purple man has done. My main point is it is not an excuse.
    And I disagreed with the Purple Man thing because it's quite obvious if you are paying attention that torture was not her intent. So the discussion went in a circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Nice try but in the last episode she finally reached a sense of clarity and she was able to put the pieces of her memory back together, this has nothing to do with the state she was in during previews episodes when the hex was in full effect and influencing her memory/perception as well.
    Are we going with she hexed herself into forgetting ? Just to clarify her point are you talking about the memories of her past when she was bombed or are we talking about the memories of Vision, Ultron and Pietro which she had ?

And I disagreed with the Purple Man thing because it's quite obvious if you are paying attention that torture was not her intent. So the discussion went in a circle.
    Purple Man had people stay in the same position for hours causing great anguish in Jessica Jones. These people were like this for days. Thats what my position on it being Purple Man torture was. Its not trauma that can be handwaved away

Purple Man had people stay in the same position for hours causing great anguish. These people were like this for days. Thats what my position on it being Purple Man torture was.
    And Purple Man did that on purpose. Wanda was just trying to live a happy life with her family and have Vision still alive. She thought people were staying safe within the bubble. She didn't know they were being tortured. Comparing her to a sex creeper is way off. And obviously meant to agitate.

And Purple Man did that on purpose. Wanda was just trying to live a happy life with her family and have Vision still alive. She thought people were staying safe within the bubble. She didn't know they were being tortured. Comparing her to a sex creeper is way off. And obviously meant to agitate.
    It's a hater. They are like a wall of ignorance and will always try to find ways to turn Wanda into the villain. Just ignore him/her.
    Last edited by Johnrevenge; 03-06-2021 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    It's a hater. They are like a wall of ignorance and will always try to find ways to trun Wanda into the villain. Just ignore him/her.
    Good advice. Done.

That wasn't my point, the consequence of her spell at the start was unintentional. Vision tells her several times people are being harmed afterwards. But that wasn't even the intent of the original post

But despite this the point of original post was in response to a user who said the trauma was reversible. And having someone starve, stand still for days so their arm hurts is a purple man trick. And that level of trauma most of his victims didn't get over. The point of the post wasn't even intent, I was talking about the people of Westview with a type of locked in syndrome