Page 207 of 283 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Just finished binging it. I liked it. It was like a really long Marvel movie. Following the same formula many of them do.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The Agatha thing was in self-defense and would not have happened if Agatha wasn't trying to suck her power dry and leave her dead like she did her coven. It wasn't vengeful.
    Well, when you put it that way, it makes sense. Man, I thought the show was being so original and innovative for the first eight episodes. They could have skipped the CGI stuff in my opinion and done like a Sophie's Choice thing about choosing to let Vision or the twins live. Force Wanda to make a difficult decision. That would have been compelling television. But I guess that would have prevented her from officially becoming the Scarlet Witch.

How much was Wanda conciouss of the situation when in the episode one she tried to strangled Vision's "boss"?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    How much was Wanda conciouss of the situation when in the episode one she tried to strangled Vision's "boss"?
    I've often wondered about that myself! It was never really addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Well, when you put it that way, it makes sense. Man, I thought the show was being so original and innovative for the first eight episodes. They could have skipped the CGI stuff in my opinion and done like a Sophie's Choice thing about choosing to let Vision or the twins live. Force Wanda to make a difficult decision. That would have been compelling television. But I guess that would have prevented her from officially becoming the Scarlet Witch.
    I don't think Sophie's choice works there. This is a superhero show. That's always what it was gonna be. Vision will likely be around but not the same as before. And she has to figure out what happened to her kids. Her sacrifices were her parents and her brother. Possibly her's and Vision's relationship permanently. She's really suffered enough in that aspect. I hope her only trials now are learning magic and learning healthy ways of dealing with grief and struggle.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    It's never said how much, just that she's in a severe state of denial. She might have thought it was just a show. She seems really out of it until she has Vision help the guy. She's like a little girl playing house.

I'm basically an outcast and not in the target demo because I haven't watched a MCU movie in years. I liked Vision and Scarlett Witch as a kid/teen from the comics but the prerequisites to watch the show are too high. Compared to the new Superman and Lois show, a new viewer didn't have to watch Supergirl or Arrow to see the pilot- good for newbies. But from what I read on reddit, I'd have to have seen a bunch of movies to understand WandaVision. I am glad it is getting so much attention, but I feel left out. Wish it was "pick up and go" like Daredevil, Titans, Doom Patrol, Stargirl, Runaways, Swamp Thing, etc. Granted I understand the Avengers/Thanos movies were watched by almost everyone on earth, so it is the definition of mainstream, but I did not partake.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Just finished binging it. I liked it. It was like a really long Marvel movie. Following the same formula many of them do.
    Glad to hear that Godlike13, Thanks for sharing!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Reading this and not commenting so much. I'm older than most of you I bet; 65 and have been a Marvel fan reader since the late '60s. I totally love Wanda.

It distresses me when I hear likely X-Men/Mutant fans say something like House of M is Wanda's most significant storyline, ever.

Really? I know that is not 'us' here but like someone above, or to paraphrase, I've waited my whole aching life for something this good; WandaVision. The homage to "Even an Android can Cry" was incredible.
    So while many of us are not / totally happy, I would have to say, I can't really agree and I don't have horrible moral conflicts about what she did/right or not.
    It is a story and stories change; good Goddess, Wanda's has enough. I'm delighted that mutants won't happen just yet and/ or maybe Fantastic Four will happen first, as they're really beloved characters too.
    There was a time in the Avengers when Agatha first came to be Wanda's teacher, when terrifying noises and voices were heard from 'their' room and it was inferred or 'switch/bait' that something demonic was going on. But Agatha got that from her first appearance in FF.
    So I'm not particularly scared or annoyed over this most likely switch and bait stuff. It's Hollywood; Witches are almost always 'in'.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't think Sophie's choice works there. This is a superhero show. That's always what it was gonna be. Vision will likely be around but not the same as before. And she has to figure out what happened to her kids. Her sacrifices were her parents and her brother. Possibly her's and Vision's relationship permanently. She's really suffered enough in that aspect. I hope her only trials now are learning magic and learning healthy ways of dealing with grief and struggle.
    Yeah, you're probably right. Would have been interesting if the MCU took that route though. Yeah, I understand her sacrifices. It's possible she and Vision might not even MEET again. Just like I don't think Loki and Thor are gonna reconnect either. For all we know, Vision might be killed off in Armor Wars or something. Wanda's got a clear arc concerning her children. I don't see how Vision lasts in the MCU personally.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    All humans are inherently selfish in some way, it's part of our nature. It's not unrealistic to say that most people would resort to drastic measures to get their lost loved ones back. Not everybody would have the strength to let it all go like Wanda did.
    ^^^Very well said, I think that is what has made these MCU projects so good, they still have the moral frailties while trying to be a hero is the hard part.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

I wish they had addressed it more but it seems like the strangling scene in the finale was to show that when she gets challenged, her powers reach out and punish the other person on their own. It’s like an automatic result of her panicking, just like the Hex started as an automatic result of her breaking down.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sForever View Post
    I'm basically an outcast and not in the target demo because I haven't watched a MCU movie in years. I liked Vision and Scarlett Witch as a kid/teen from the comics but the prerequisites to watch the show are too high. Compared to the new Superman and Lois show, a new viewer didn't have to watch Supergirl or Arrow to see the pilot- good for newbies. But from what I read on reddit, I'd have to have seen a bunch of movies to understand WandaVision. I am glad it is getting so much attention, but I feel left out. Wish it was "pick up and go" like Daredevil, Titans, Doom Patrol, Stargirl, Runaways, Swamp Thing, etc. Granted I understand the Avengers/Thanos movies were watched by almost everyone on earth, so it is the definition of mainstream, but I did not partake.
    Yeah, that's a problem future MCU movies and shows will have to deal with. Too much continuity baggage.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sForever View Post
    To be honest... since Wanda and Vision got very little screen time together in the previous MCU films you could probably still get a lot out of this show. I think Marvel has a compilation of all their big scenes together on Disney+ so you could watch that before diving in.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I wish they had addressed it more but it seems like the strangling scene in the finale was to show that when she gets challenged, her powers reach out and punish the other person on their own. It’s like an automatic result of her panicking, just like the Hex started as an automatic result of her breaking down.
    I think that was their way of showing that the power is chaotic. And Wanda has no control over it.