Page 210 of 283 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220260 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't think that prophecy will even come to pass. But just be something she always has to fight to keep from happening. Meant to mirror how her chthonic powers in comics are so strong that she always has to work to keep them in check. Because she's wielding the fraction of the power of an elder god and she's a mortal.
    I agree, it was mostly a joke about the cinematic phases from marvel marketing department, by the way ... now that you mention it, are we sure Wanda is a mortal mortal? Starting to wonder if mama Natalya had a thing for lonely elder gods of chaos
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I agree, it was mostly a joke about the cinematic phases from marvel marketing department, by the way ... now that you mention it, are we sure Wanda is a mortal mortal? Starting to wonder if mama Natalya had a thing for lonely elder gods of chaos
    Lol maybe, but I wouldn't want to lose the mortal trying to keep god-like powers in check thing, because it's really bad-ass. I do think the nexus being status makes wielding the power easier for her than other mortals though.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I really, really, really doubt that after all this Marvel Studios will turn Wanda into a villain. They'll keep teasing it for now, but the whole "end of the world" thing is almost certainly a misdirect. Maybe some reality reboot they're hinting at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    That is a common trope; noting to do with being a villain.
    Yea this is a Really common trope played in comics and anime where the hero is told to be afraid of who they are and that they can or are destined the destroy the world. But the arc of the hero is to show how they defy this destiny and make their own destiny, that is a setup here again.

So I think Wanda is on a journey to make herself her own person and why the force comes to her to claim her as her destiny she will defy it, it just matters how well that gets told.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    This was actually my favorite Marvel Studios project to date!

I don’t pick these projects apart like a lot of folks. I just watch and enjoy.

This was a solid and fun ‘watch’ all the way through.
    That makes me Very glad to here, glad you liked it that much and thanks for your views in it!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Lol maybe, but I wouldn't want to lose the mortal trying to keep god-like powers in check thing, because it's really bad-ass. I do think the nexus being status makes wielding the power easier for her than other mortals though.
    And what a hot piece of nexus she is, too bad it’s like honey to bad mofos like Doom, Immortus, Chthon etc...
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Well, that is a small detail. Avengers probably has a damage control to fix the collateral effets of superheroing.

It's really funny how suddenly people care about damages. There was Man of Steel, but that destroyed completely a huge portion of a city.
    Wht happened on Westview is really small
    I've long said in these forums that Batman and Superman were murderers in their recent movies. And Superman was practically a war criminal who along with General Zod (just as much a war criminal as Supes was) destroyed Metropolis with no remorse or restraint. I always said they should have actually been brought to justice if both of them had lived. So I've been very consistent in not regarding them as heroes in their films. I never suddenly cared about this. Collateral damage is something I ALWAYS thought superhero films/shows should address, and the MCU has made efforts in that regard with the Sokovia Accords (which I appreciate). It's not something I suddenly cared about. About mental illness, I understand superhero films/shows aren't about them. But Olsen and Schaeffer literally said that WandaVision was about mental illness. So I consider it highly relevant to what happened in that series. And if you are struggling with mental illness, you do not hole up in a cabin in the middle of nowhere learning dark magic. The least you can do is go to your friends (Avengers) for help, especially a magical friend like Doctor Strange or even a dude like Lang. And Wanda's NOT doing that. So yes, I think it's quite likely the Scarlet Witch will be somewhat of an antagonist in the Multiverse of Madness. Which is something I didn't think would actually happen until a couple days ago.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-07-2021 at 06:53 PM.

Talking

This is for my friends I care for and other fellow fans need more to know if Wanda is being Loved after the end of the Show, this is a gift for You to show the World is Loving Wanda!

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

I can understand this fear. Especially after what comics did. But I don't think they are telling the same story here. I think Wanda will learn to control her powers so they aren't attacking people every time she feels a negative emotion.
    I know we have to wait on MoM to find out, and that a lot can change between now and when it premieres. But as it stands, I can’t help but be apprehensive about it. It’s been over a decade since was Wanda was allowed to be a hero in the comics, and I don’t want that to be part of MCU canon to be viewed by a larger audience than comics do. Seeing Wanda able to astral project while her body was outside drinking tea was impressive, but that doesn’t mean she has a better grip on her mental state. If her powers respond to her emotional state, then it’s of utmost importance to master that part of herself. Being in isolation with the Darkhold while her children call out to her for help isn’t going to improve that. Maybe MoM will show her no longer lashing out or gaslighting others, or deny responsibility as a coping mechanism. Maybe it will show her actively making amends to West View. I would love that. Continuity and character growth. But the MCU tends to favor the former over the latter.

I understand this as well, but it's more complicated than that. Her grief caused her powers to do this. She thought she was keeping them in a safe world where they felt happier like she did. It took a lot of convincing of her that it was the opposite. Because she just hadn't gotten through the stages of grief. They were never depicting her doing it out of malice. But it being a result of her grief. It's something she'll have to learn to control.
    But this wasn’t the first time she had been told she was hurting people. Vision and Monica had told her over and over again. She kept gaslighting them, and denying everything. You don’t have to act out of malice to hurt people. Wanda took over an entire town and the people in it instead of just the house, so she could have an open sandbox to play house in instead of just the house. Not on purpose, true. She also tried to let them go once she realized they were suffering. But it all really puts Wanda in a terrible light. Like, why try to say to these people that they were actually safe and at peace if she never purposely did this to them? Why not say ‘I had no idea this was all my powers because I am now only becoming aware that this is not reality, I’m so sorry and I’ll set things right’?

Vision has his memories, but not his emotions. And didn't go off to find Wanda, but figure out himself. Their relationship will probably never be the same.

This is true. Vision may be completely different person, and therefore feel completely different about Wanda, once he comes to understand who and what he is now. But it still doesn’t take away the lack of consequence Wanda received about the whole thing.

The show is over but the plot hasn't reached any resolution. The showrunner said this is just the beginning of her story. It is like when Hulk went to that cabin at the end of his movie to reflect.

I don't see that as what they are doing. Especially since it does not match up to the Strange synopsis.
    Again, I hope so. I haven’t read the synopsis, or was even aware there was one. But Marvel as a whole seems to respect Stranger more than Wanda.

I actually noted the similarities between WandaVision and Hulk’s cabin scenes.

They did cover that while Wanda did this indirectly due to her grief, Agatha did all she did on purpose.
    I know that line was supposed to make the difference clearer, but it just made them more similar. Maybe if this was Wanda’s first time discovering she had powers in the first place, and had never been an antagonist to the Avengers. But that doesn’t excuse her many attempts to deny and cover up whenever Vision or Monica tried to tell her the truth.

I feel really bad for Pietro. And worry the most about his future.
    Maybe in some other universe, the twins both have their own books and WandaVision was about Nights of Wundagore but Vision tags along. I hope so, because in this universe, I find myself hoping he stays in limbo instead of being trotted out to be the Avenger no one likes while Wanda is in danger of being kidnapped and being burned at the stake on Krakoa once they find out she was behind Genosha’s zombie outbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Thanks I agree with other posters in wanting to see Wanda as the main hero in her first starring series, I think marvel could have done that well, like they have done in the past but the MCU also wanted to explore her comic self powers and her powers come in a big way from Chton, an evil elder god who wrote the book in dark magic and has used Wanda as his link to earth twice in the comics. The MCU can´t address Wanda´s witch powers without addresing the origin of said powers and the danger inherent in them. I am hopeful her character journey will be about her freeing herself from a bad destiny. The only thing I didn´t agree is trying to absolver her, her character journey is not going to be genuine if the narrative keeps absolving her from the consequences, good and bad of her actions. She needs to address the danger of her powers and the consequences of this danger , specially in an scenario like Westview where she didn´t hurt people physically but emotionally, so she can learn to control them, stop herself from doing that in the future and mature as an heroic character in her own right.
    That absolution was ham-fisted and clunky. It made Monica look like an idiot. And did nothing to improve on her character. I also considered it a downgrade for Agatha to become a typical exposition spouting baddie in Episode 9 as well. Although I was VERY happy that Wanda's opponent in WandaVision was actually a FEMALE. I think it's the first time two female characters squared off in battle in the MCU and I think more people should be talking about THAT. People on these threads know that's something I've ALWAYS wanted. So I'm happy I got it, even though the fight was kind of lame in my view.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I share your fear, though it’s not definitive (they haven’t announced an antagonist for Strange 2 yet but Agatha and Hayward weren’t announced as antagonists either). Mostly I think the creators in the MCU, like in comics, find Wanda “interesting” when she screws up. I find her more interesting as a hero but they’ve made it pretty clear that her powers were not meant to help people. She found out that what she thought was fun happy play-acting was actually total hell, and that her powers reach out on their own and choke people who question her.

Maybe they can get her through this and emerge a better person in the end, but it’s clear that she’s practically the only hero who isn’t treated like she was meant to be a hero, and that saddens me.
    It’s beginning to feel like most at Marvel see the Maximoff twins more as villains and are confused that people inexplicably want to see them as heroes. They don’t know why that is, but are willing to make money off it.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    This is for my friends I care for and other fellow fans need more to know if Wanda is being Loved after the end of the Show, this is a gift for You to show the World is Loving Wanda!

Ooooh that was lovely CJ, really hearth warming, thank you for posting this video.....all those people cheering for wanda, may chthon bless them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    I know we have to wait on MoM to find out, and that a lot can change between now and when it premieres. But as it stands, I can’t help but be apprehensive about it. It’s been over a decade since was Wanda was allowed to be a hero in the comics, and I don’t want that to be part of MCU canon to be viewed by a larger audience than comics do. Seeing Wanda able to astral project while her body was outside drinking tea was impressive, but that doesn’t mean she has a better grip on her mental state. If her powers respond to her emotional state, then it’s of utmost importance to master that part of herself. Being in isolation with the Darkhold while her children call out to her for help isn’t going to improve that. Maybe MoM will show her no longer lashing out or gaslighting others, or deny responsibility as a coping mechanism. Maybe it will show her actively making amends to West View. I would love that. Continuity and character growth. But the MCU tends to favor the former over the latter.

But this wasn’t the first time she had been told she was hurting people. Vision and Monica had told her over and over again. She kept gaslighting them, and denying everything. You don’t have to act out of malice to hurt people. Wanda took over an entire town and the people in it instead of just the house, so she could have an open sandbox to play house in instead of just the house. Not on purpose, true. She also tried to let them go once she realized they were suffering. But it all really puts Wanda in a terrible light. Like, why try to say to these people that they were actually safe and at peace if she never purposely did this to them? Why not say ‘I had no idea this was all my powers because I am now only becoming aware that this is not reality, I’m so sorry and I’ll set things right’?

This is true. Vision may be completely different person, and therefore feel completely different about Wanda, once he comes to understand who and what he is now. But it still doesn’t take away the lack of consequence Wanda received about the whole thing.

Again, I hope so. I haven’t read the synopsis, or was even aware there was one. But Marvel as a whole seems to respect Stranger more than Wanda.

I actually noted the similarities between WandaVision and Hulk’s cabin scenes.

I know that line was supposed to make the difference clearer, but it just made them more similar. Maybe if this was Wanda’s first time discovering she had powers in the first place, and had never been an antagonist to the Avengers. But that doesn’t excuse her many attempts to deny and cover up whenever Vision or Monica tried to tell her the truth.

Maybe in some other universe, the twins both have their own books and WandaVision was about Nights of Wundagore but Vision tags along. I hope so, because in this universe, I find myself hoping he stays in limbo instead of being trotted out to be the Avenger no one likes while Wanda is in danger of being kidnapped and being burned at the stake on Krakoa once they find out she was behind Genosha’s zombie outbreak.
    It’s probably a deliberate irony that it’s Agatha who breaks through to Wanda to show her that she’s hurting people. It fits in with the pattern that it’s Agatha who helps Wanda the most in the last two episodes, when Vision and Monica couldn’t get through.

But it’s also part of the general sloppiness of the writing that apparently Vision could have fixed all this simply by breaking Wanda’s mind control on someone in front of Wanda. Apparently that’s all it took. But he never bothered to tell her, granted that Agatha was actively working to stop him from telling her.

Again the problem is not that Wanda did this but that the mystery format meant they couldn’t definitely say it until the end. Remember how “Norm” didn’t say who was controlling him or that “Agnes” told Vision that Wanda wouldn’t even let them think about leaving (which wasn’t exactly true)? All these red herrings got in the way of telling this very simple story of Wanda’s denial and her dilemma once she realizes what she’s done — and we never even find out exactly when she became aware, because we only see her from the outside.

The show is a tragedy of Wanda (tragic heroes do bad things), but it was disguised as a mystery, which made it more popular but less good than if we had actually seen it from Wanda’s POV and known what she knew.

It’s beginning to feel like most at Marvel see the Maximoff twins more as villains and are confused that people inexplicably want to see them as heroes. They don’t know why that is, but are willing to make money off it.
    I don't know why so many Wanda fans here are so sanguine about her future. I'm not. I'm actually more pessimistic than ever to tell you the truth and I'm usually quite positive on MCU portrayals of their characters (even including Ultron and the "Mandarin").

Hahaha c’mon let’s not make a tragedy out of this, personally I wouldn’t book the sad violins just yet

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    It’s probably a deliberate irony that it’s Agatha who breaks through to Wanda to show her that she’s hurting people. It fits in with the pattern that it’s Agatha who helps Wanda the most in the last two episodes, when Vision and Monica couldn’t get through.

But it’s also part of the general sloppiness of the writing that apparently Vision could have fixed all this simply by breaking Wanda’s mind control on someone in front of Wanda. Apparently that’s all it took. But he never bothered to tell her, granted that Agatha was actively working to stop him from telling her.

Again the problem is not that Wanda did this but that the mystery format meant they couldn’t definitely say it until the end. Remember how “Norm” didn’t say who was controlling him or that “Agnes” told Vision that Wanda wouldn’t even let them think about leaving (which wasn’t exactly true)? All these red herrings got in the way of telling this very simple story of Wanda’s denial and her dilemma once she realizes what she’s done — and we never even find out exactly when she became aware, because we only see her from the outside.

The show is a tragedy of Wanda (tragic heroes do bad things), but it was disguised as a mystery, which made it more popular but less good than if we had actually seen it from Wanda’s POV and known what she knew.
    Vision couldn't know Wanda was behind it