Page 119 of 274 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 4101

Thread: Wandavision

  1. #1771
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    nah the point is shes a witch, mutant wanda will never happen now or ever, im so bloody happy.
    best show eveeer
    Depends on your definition of the word "mutant". In the MCU the line of "To you, what you call 'magic' is our 'science'." In this sense, being born with the ability to do magic may count as a "mutant" power, which differentiates Dr. Strange's ability to do magic (which he learned how to do). But, we'll see...

  2. #1772
    Astonishing Member LordUltimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    Depends on your definition of the word "mutant". In the MCU the line of "To you, what you call 'magic' is our 'science'." In this sense, being born with the ability to do magic may count as a "mutant" power, which differentiates Dr. Strange's ability to do magic (which he learned how to do). But, we'll see...
    Plus, it's like, how did Pietro get powers through that experiment?

  3. #1773
    Beware! Daedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    Depends on your definition of the word "mutant". In the MCU the line of "To you, what you call 'magic' is our 'science'." In this sense, being born with the ability to do magic may count as a "mutant" power, which differentiates Dr. Strange's ability to do magic (which he learned how to do). But, we'll see...
    exactly, thank you
    "Can we just say that she is a chaos magic avatar and that her origin is split across the multiverse? She has no beginning, she has no end, she exists to be the improbability of the cosmos. She's neither mutant, inhuman, sorcereress or otherwise. Everything and nothing." (Anonymous)

  4. #1774
    Wanda & Ribrianne~4~Life! CJStriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    11,422

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I think we should all keep in mind that to Agatha perspective spoilers:
    being born with magic and being, dare I say, a mutant
    end of spoilers might not make much of a difference at this point in time cause she may ignore the existence of such things as spoilers:
    mutants
    end of spoilers.
    spoilers:
    While I like to think that they are still holding out for this origin before the Mindstone power-up being that of mutants.

    I Think that Wanda's other 2 Origins might be being made Canon here are well;

    1.) We have not yet Talked about The High Evolutionary and his experiments on the twins as babies, so that could be being saved as a later reveal either in the next episode or in a later production.

    2.) That GODDESS Level Image of Scarlet Witch in the Mindstone Reminded me So Much of James Robinson's Scarlet Witch Solo from 2015 and that this Legacy Witch Gene Could be that of Natalya Maximoff NATALYA MAXIMOFF and Maybe Marvel Adapting That Part of Wanda's lore as her True Mother and the parents as kids being her Adoptive Parents Maybe.

    But yea that Vision head IMO HEAVY Vibes of NATALYA MAXIMOFF to it and the Story The Witch's Road;

    https://66.media.tumblr.com/15c53c39...xyto1_1280.jpg

    https://abload.de/img/1a5z16.jpg

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzAqQqXW8AAOVqs.jpg
    end of spoilers
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS!
    I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC!
    Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE!
    Let The CALL Go Forth --
    AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!"


    Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

    Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2021!

  5. #1775
    Extraordinary Member Fokken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    9,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    spoilers:
    I think maybe they're leaving the door open for them (or just Pietro? some people suggest that sometimes) to still be mutants if someone wants to retcon that after the X-Men are properly in the MCU. I don't feel like it makes much sense for Pietro to have magic, but, maybe it's like... He got his powers from the mind stone. Wanda got her telepathy from the mind stone. Her telepathy and the magic, probability, altering reality thing that she has are two different powersets. Maybe he survived because he also has the "witch genes", but magic isn't actually related to his power? Captain Marvel also got her powers from an Infinity Stone, so that's not exclusive to witches anyway... Though it's kinda weird since Whedon decided to put this whole "they were the only ones able to survive the experiment" thing in their origin.

    In the comics, she had been both a mutant and a witch at the same time for many years, and even now that it's been retconned, she also has both chaos magic gifted by Chthon, and mutate powers by the High Evolutionary, and inhereted witchcraft from her new mother... Honestly Wanda's powers and origins are always gonna be a bit of a mess I guess lol.
    end of spoilers
    Per the question about Pietro
    spoilers:
    Its possible that Wanda subconsciously cast another probability hex for Pietro, allowing him to both survive the Hydra experiment and gain powers.
    end of spoilers

  6. #1776
    Incredible Member starduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    705

    Default

    So how will Wanda end up? Will her powers stay the same and they'll just call them magic now or will she be able to do other spells like teleporting, transmuting, etc.

  7. #1777
    Wanda & Ribrianne~4~Life! CJStriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    11,422

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    So how will Wanda end up? Will her powers stay the same and they'll just call them magic now or will she be able to do other spells like teleporting, transmuting, etc.
    spoilers:
    I feel that Wanda at this point is what she is, a Lady that of a Nexus Being that is Connected to the Raw Untapped Engeries of what is a Legacy of Witch's, Either a Mutant or Witch Gene like that out of the Witch's Road!

    How Agatha Talked about Wanda she sounds is a Being a Myth able to do what no other witch can do without Training and Magical Items.

    Honestly in a Very COOL way, with Agatha how talked about Wanda, it made Wanda Sound like she was the LEGENDARY SUPER SAIYAN of the MCU in a Way! ^_^

    But back on point, I think it is Raw power that is unfocused and now after the experiance of the Hex World the aftermath will be Wanda Gains her title and now has to go into training to control her powers and focus them, that will be the next chapter of her Journey!
    end of spoilers
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS!
    I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC!
    Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE!
    Let The CALL Go Forth --
    AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!"


    Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

    Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2021!

  8. #1778
    Beware! Daedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    spoilers:
    While I like to think that they are still holding out for this origin before the Mindstone power-up being that of mutants.

    I Think that Wanda's other 2 Origins might be being made Canon here are well;

    1.) We have not yet Talked about The High Evolutionary and his experiments on the twins as babies, so that could be being saved as a later reveal either in the next episode or in a later production.

    2.) That GODDESS Level Image of Scarlet Witch in the Mindstone Reminded me So Much of James Robinson's Scarlet Witch Solo from 2015 and that this Legacy Witch Gene Could be that of Natalya Maximoff NATALYA MAXIMOFF and Maybe Marvel Adapting That Part of Wanda's lore as her True Mother and the parents as kids being her Adoptive Parents Maybe.

    But yea that Vision head IMO HEAVY Vibes of NATALYA MAXIMOFF to it and the Story The Witch's Road;

    https://66.media.tumblr.com/15c53c39...xyto1_1280.jpg

    https://abload.de/img/1a5z16.jpg

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzAqQqXW8AAOVqs.jpg
    end of spoilers
    to be honest I saw this costume

    wand01.jpg
    "Can we just say that she is a chaos magic avatar and that her origin is split across the multiverse? She has no beginning, she has no end, she exists to be the improbability of the cosmos. She's neither mutant, inhuman, sorcereress or otherwise. Everything and nothing." (Anonymous)

  9. #1779
    Wanda & Ribrianne~4~Life! CJStriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    11,422

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    to be honest I saw this costume

    wand01.jpg
    spoilers:
    Yea Indeed Daedra I saw that as well and honeslty I have been speculating for YEARS that if they finally gave Wanda a from the Comic Book accurated costume that THIS one would be one of the Best, what I have title The BATTLE DRESS!

    While indeed that could also spell out Natalya Maximoff, she could also sport a look like that too in the MCU as a Version of her costume too.

    But indeed either way, what matters is that MOMENT was Beautiful and I got Very Excited seeing even a Tease of the Uncanny Avengers BATTLE DRESS!
    end of spoilers
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS!
    I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC!
    Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE!
    Let The CALL Go Forth --
    AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!"


    Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

    Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2021!

  10. #1780
    Mighty Member useridgoeshere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,258

    Default

    Is there a determined time when we no longer need to use spoiler tags to discuss this episode? Or is it up to each poster?

    I do have a question on how Hayward tracked Westview Vision? It'll probably never be answered but it's weird to me now. Although it explains why SWORD wasn't looking for Wanda and Vision. I wondered why and now I know.

  11. #1781
    Incredible Member starduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    spoilers:
    I feel that Wanda at this point is what she is, a Lady that of a Nexus Being that is Connected to the Raw Untapped Engeries of what is a Legacy of Witch's, Either a Mutant or Witch Gene like that out of the Witch's Road!

    How Agatha Talked about Wanda she sounds is a Being a Myth able to do what no other witch can do without Training and Magical Items.

    Honestly in a Very COOL way, with Agatha how talked about Wanda, it made Wanda Sound like she was the LEGENDARY SUPER SAIYAN of the MCU in a Way! ^_^

    But back on point, I think it is Raw power that is unfocused and now after the experiance of the Hex World the aftermath will be Wanda Gains her title and now has to go into training to control her powers and focus them, that will be the next chapter of her Journey!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    yeah, the Scarlet Witch being a legendary title is great. I hope this means Wanda will be a major player in the MCU after Wandavision is over
    end of spoilers

  12. #1782
    Wanda & Ribrianne~4~Life! CJStriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    11,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Is there a determined time when we no longer need to use spoiler tags to discuss this episode? Or is it up to each poster?

    I do have a question on how Hayward tracked Westview Vision? It'll probably never be answered but it's weird to me now. Although it explains why SWORD wasn't looking for Wanda and Vision. I wondered why and now I know.
    Honeslty I don't know what the official rule is, if a mod wants to say on the board that be great to get it clear. But I just think for now it is the safest bet to keep from spoiling anything for fans unsuspecting about spoilers or not.

    As for WestView Vision and Hayward;

    spoilers:
    I honestly thinks The Vision was a Reconstruction both from Vision's powers as well as the essense of The Mindstone that both Wanda and Vision where apart of, aka they care Feel each other and it is helped by the mindstone!

    So I think that this will be Revied in the next episode why and how, but Wanda by her ablility to create from her powers did give Vision of the Hex and Mindstone the same style body he had in the real world and Hayward is just tracking Wanda since she left the SWORD Base and monitoring all of this found the vibrium signal in his monitoring.
    end of spoilers
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS!
    I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC!
    Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE!
    Let The CALL Go Forth --
    AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!"


    Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

    Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2021!

  13. #1783
    Wanda & Ribrianne~4~Life! CJStriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    11,422

    Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    spoilers:
    yeah, the Scarlet Witch being a legendary title is great. I hope this means Wanda will be a major player in the MCU after Wandavision is over
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Indeed Starduck and when you think about it for Wanda it be an Earned Title but not just threw her Journey in the MCU, but taking out keep points of her Comic Book Lore to add to her in the MCU as well and when you BACK up a Character in an adaptation like this both with a good character story up to a certain point in the journey then add comic book lore in a satisfying way, they it gives credit to that character becoming a BIGGER deal in your adaptation cause it is backed up in the right ways that fans appriate if done the best way possible cause it makes sense for the character!

    So indeed if Marvel Studios IS Taking what they are going with, It is REALLY Exciting times for Wanda as a whole and her imporatance!

    https://nerdist.com/wp-content/uploa...exus-being.png
    end of spoilers
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS!
    I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC!
    Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE!
    Let The CALL Go Forth --
    AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!"


    Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

    Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2021!

  14. #1784
    Beware! Daedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    spoilers:
    Indeed Starduck and when you think about it for Wanda it be an Earned Title but not just threw her Journey in the MCU, but taking out keep points of her Comic Book Lore to add to her in the MCU as well and when you BACK up a Character in an adaptation like this both with a good character story up to a certain point in the journey then add comic book lore in a satisfying way, they it gives credit to that character becoming a BIGGER deal in your adaptation cause it is backed up in the right ways that fans appriate if done the best way possible cause it makes sense for the character!

    So indeed if Marvel Studios IS Taking what they are going with, It is REALLY Exciting times for Wanda as a whole and her imporatance!

    https://nerdist.com/wp-content/uploa...exus-being.png
    end of spoilers
    how long will it take for an editor like Brevoort and a writer like Aaron to decide they want to make the next all new all exciting Scarlet Witch by stripping Wanda of her name and title and giving it to someone else just like they did with Phoenix?
    "Can we just say that she is a chaos magic avatar and that her origin is split across the multiverse? She has no beginning, she has no end, she exists to be the improbability of the cosmos. She's neither mutant, inhuman, sorcereress or otherwise. Everything and nothing." (Anonymous)

  15. #1785
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    how long will it take for an editor like Brevoort and a writer like Aaron to decide they want to make the next all new all exciting Scarlet Witch by stripping Wanda of her name and title and giving it to someone else just like they did with Phoenix?
    Now now, I'm sure now that the Scarlet Witch is one of the most famous superpowered characters in the world, they will give her some variant covers and two panels of non-speaking cameos.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •