Page 68 of 283 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Extraordinary Member

I love how spoilers:
    if thinks aren't in the vicinity /eye line of Wanda or the kids then people are just set on pause. And that lady hanging the decoration with the tears in her eyes was just sad.
    end of spoilers

I am really hoping there is something other than Wanda behind this...

Also with regards to Monica's spoilers:
    genetic changes...will we see her powers by the end of the series?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    If nothing else, this episode made me laugh.
    spoilers:
    As somebody that was a kid growing up during the TGIF era of the early to mid 90's, I was disappointed that they didn't use that as the theme at first. But I get it, the wholesome family sitcoms of the 80s and the ones from the early to mid 90's are too similar. Malcolm in the Middle didn't even start in the 90s but they were next on the list and was a completely different style compared to the wholesome stuff that came before it.
    end of spoilers

I think we can safely say that we got one FINAL sitcom episode left in WandaVision. I'm surprised AND pleased that they have maintained this format for so long!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Oh, thank you so much for that thoughtful and encouraging post. I feel better now. And your spelling and grammar were fine! I have confidence in Jac. I have confidence in Shakman. I WANT to have confidence in Raimi and Waldron. I've seen interviews with Olsen recently. I think she's happy to be in a big movie like Doctor Strange 2, but I feel she already misses Shakman, Bettany, Hahn and Parris.
    I am very glad it did Albert1981, make me happy to know when positivity can be gained from a post, especially for changing for Wanda.

What happens is out of our control, but best thing to do is use logic with what the themes of the MCU have been already and gain love from the loveliness that their is in this show already of Wanda and her growing Wandaverse.

Even the skating on the darknesses is its own beauty if it turns to the way we hope which still by the information we have at this moment is still likely. If that is you will be able to tell your friends one of your favorite heroes showed he steal and forged it the fires of a compelling story.

That is how character legends are Truly Made!

Let’s still be cautious, but most optimistic.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I think we can safely say that we got one FINAL sitcom episode left in WandaVision. I'm surprised AND pleased that they have maintained this format for so long!
    I loved MitM, so let's hope they do it justice.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

If Darcy isn’t a sassy Westview waitress in red and yellow, I’ll be sad.

Hell of an episode. I say this every week but this might be my favorite so far!

Not bothering with spoiler tags. If you're reading this the day the episode hit without watching it first, that's on you.

So, okay, the thing with Pietro.

Spoilers, obviously.

I don't think, as some have said, that this is some random dude that Wanda reprogrammed into acting like her brother and the actor is just a fun easter egg. The questions Wanda asks him about their childhood, him noticing Billy break the fourth wall, the comments he makes, he's clearly outside of Wanda's direct influence. I think Wanda knows on some level that she's out of control and maybe being manipulated by a multiversal Mephisto type demon. She needs a conscience to say the things she's not allowed to think so she can pull herself out of this whole mess. So when Agnes talks about raising the dead, Wanda (perhaps sub/semi-consciously) tries it, but lacking the ability to actually do that, she ends up pulling in a Quicksilver from another universe (if a Mephisto type is behind this, dimensional walls might be weakened). This Peter gets enough of a telepathic info dump to play his role in the sitcom, but either because Wanda wants him (mostly) independent or because his speed makes his brain too slippery to hold onto, he can't be mind controlled like everyone else. He's the guy who's supposed to speak the truth to Wanda's power, and being a version of *her* Pietro, is the perfect vehicle for her to confront and deal with the trauma of Pietro's death. I think bringing him to West View was Wanda's attempt to save everyone, by getting the one person who can help Wanda save herself.

Why did she see him dead with bullet holes, if this isn't her Pietro? I think that, and the moment with zombie Vision, aren't cases where Wanda's power slipped and we glimpsed reality, I think that's Mephisto/Nightmare hitting her over the head with her own trauma. After all, Vision didn't go all gray after leaving the Hex, right?

Also, Billy breaking the fourth wall is seemingly a result of his powers and I don't think Wanda's aware of it. I've been thinking that whoever's behind this (Mephisto/Nightmare/Dormammu/whoever) wanted to turn Wanda into a pawn (a counter to Strange maybe), but now I'm thinking perhaps the goal is to create a host on the physical plane to possess and Wanda's just a way to create one capable of withstanding the raw magic of a demon lord. That'd explain why the twins are aging and acting outside Wanda's influence.

I'm starting to think that the SWORD director is indeed Mephisto/Nightmare/whoever in disguise, and all his plans to "stop" Wanda are in fact meant to fail, piss her off, and push her powers, trauma, and reliance on West View further. Even if the real goal is to use the twins as hosts, Wanda would still make a powerful minion and inhabiting the body of her kid/s is a powerful lever to use on her.

As for SWORD's Cataract program, I'm willing to bet that this was their attempt to repair and reprogram Vision, turning him into a controllable, weaponized asset. It likely began during the blip, when most of the heroes were dead and many of the rest retired. Vision's body is too valuable to leave on a slab and with the world in Snap-induced crisis, it'd have been easy to justify crossing that line. I don't actually think Mephisto had anything to do with this, he's just taking advantage of it.

Which brings me to Vision. He *mostly* existed the Hex, but didn't die. I figured that, outside of Wanda's influence, he'd stop functioning. So either he hadn't completely escaped Wanda's power, or maybe SWORD was successful in repairing/reprogramming him. Now...why doesn't he know what an Avenger is? Either he doesn't know because Wanda doesn't want him to remember his life, or he doesn't know because his memory was erased when he died. And the force that was ripping him apart....likely Wanda not wanting him to leave. Subconsciously trying to pull him back to her.

And Agnes.....I dunno. Maybe she isn't as autonomous as we've been assuming, maybe she was another subtle way Wanda was subconsciously fighting against the sitcom, and with Wanda's attention away from her she reverted to the basic, blanket mind control. Maybe Agnes was lying to Vision and acting like everyone else to avoid rousing more suspicion.
    Last edited by Ascended; 02-12-2021 at 07:36 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I am very glad it did Albert1981, make me happy to know when positivity can be gained from a post, especially for changing for Wanda.

What happens is out of our control, but best thing to do is use logic with what the themes of the MCU have been already and gain love from the loveliness that their is in this show already of Wanda and her growing Wandaverse.

Even the skating on the darknesses is its own beauty if it turns to the way we hope which still by the information we have at this moment is still likely. If that is you will be able to tell your friends one of your favorite heroes showed he steal and forged it the fires of a compelling story.

That is how character legends are Truly Made!

Let’s still be cautious, but most optimistic.
    Things are looking up for her, for sure. I think the shows and movies capture the spirit and essence of Wanda and Vision better than the comic books on which they are based actually. Keep the faith!

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I loved MitM, so let's hope they do it justice.
    I think they did Malcolm in the Middle today actually! From what I have read, Modern Family and the Office are coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    If Darcy isn’t a sassy Westview waitress in red and yellow, I’ll be sad.
    I never watched 2 Broke Girls, so I'm not sure how Darcy acted there. Kat is a very funny girl.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I never watched 2 Broke Girls, so I'm not sure how Darcy acted there. Kat is a very funny girl.
    Darcy is basically a toned down, more grounded version of Max.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Darcy is basically a toned down, more grounded version of Max.
    Thanks for this information. I'm looking forward to seeing how she acts within the Hex. I'm not as invested in the stories outside of it.

Malcolm in the Middle Reference.. YES!!!!!! ONe of the greatest sitcoms ever.

So...

spoilers:
    The "Parent Trap" title on the theater marquee, just a cute reference to the twins or even the whole switcheroo with the two Quicksilvers or is there something more telling?

My crazy theory this week Is the whole town of Westview a "parent trap" ie: Wanda and Vision were placed there specifically to give birth to and raise Mephisto's soul fragments, Billy and Tommy. Notice that it was Billy who basically "rats out" Vision's attempt to escape from Westview by informing Wanda that their dad was hurt/ dying.
    end of spoilers
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

spoilers:
    The commercial break confirms to me that there's a major mystical villain behind this. It felt too on-the-nose. "Snacking on Yo' Magic"? Either something is feeding off of Wanda's magical abilities or she's drawing magic from something else.

Pietro definitely isn't who he says, especially with how much he know about the Hex. Agnes doesn't seem like she's Agatha from how she reacted, but they went out of her way to give her a twitter emoji, so I'd think either she's Agatha or someone/something evil. I'm guessing they'll save the episode about how this all started for Ep 8 or Ep 9, but maybe we'll get into her head more during the confessionals segments of their Office spoof.
    end of spoilers

My biggest disappointment in the series, in terms of character development thus far, is that of Agnes (the nosy neighbor). I knew Hahn was a funny lady, but I've never actually seen her act before. And I absolutely LOVED her performances in those first two episodes. Her character growth since then has really stalled and I'm NOT happy about that. She's one of the few chicks in the entertainment business that's actually made me laugh! The whole lavender thing she did in Episode 5 was hilarious. I couldn't believe Disney Plus allowed such risque talk in one of their shows. To ME, the best part of episode 6 was her weird interaction with Vision. It was creepy and mysterious. I want to see more of that. I'm happy Pietro, Billy, Tommy and the SWORD characters are getting some much needed attention, but I think the show should redirect its focus BACK to Agnes and Dottie. Wanda has been great thus far the past few weeks, but I feel Agnes, Dottie and even Vision have started taking back seats to other characters and I'm not thrilled about that. How many jokes did Vision actually make in Episode 6? Or Agnes? There's only three more episodes left. I want this series to return its MAIN focus back onto Wanda, Vision and Agnes.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-12-2021 at 10:52 PM.