Thread: Wandavision

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I liked the end.

So far I loved the way they showed her learning from Agatha,like in the comics, while keeping their stablished hostility,that´s why Wanda probably keep her around but harmless, she wants to keep learning from her. Her reading the Darkhold is going to have many consequences for her, marvel may be getting ready to make Wanda one of the antagonists in Dr Strange´s Multiverse of Madness or at the least keep her as a grey hero, still it was nice to see this part of her lore being brought so nicely in the movies. Chton is coming and it wont be pretty.

I was expecting Peter to be fake but I wonder if he was the person Jimmy was looking for on the first chapter. ATJ probably decided to wait until they really bring back the real Quicksilver and Evan Peters did a great job endearing himself as Wanda´s brother.

Vision vs Vision fight was great imo, not every day you stop a fight only using logic and it worked because he was talking to himself, Vision is back but without feelings, just like in the comics, I hope he has some great stories in the future because this show really helped me to get Vision´s character.

I expected Monica to do a lot more than she did, I understand it´s Wanda and Vision show but Sword could have used missiless or something like that to give her something to do while Wanda and Vision had their respective fights. I also disliked Monica forcing the issue of Wanda being missunderstood,yes she was having a big emotional crisis and yes she did all that withtout knowing the consequences, the problem comes when Vision confronted her, she obviously noticed what she was doing and yet she keep doing it until Agatha confronted her with her victims and her guilt for putting Westview under duress. I think that´s interesting, because Agatha bassically said Wanda was becoming a villain/the prophesied destroyer of the world, because a hero doesn´t torture people knowinly and she´s completely right, we don´t need Monica to defend Wanda, we as the audience know her perspective, we needed Monica to offer Wanda a way to redemption, not defend all of her actions, includding those that were obviously so wrong Wanda sacrificed her dream to correct them imo, it looked forced given how generally fair Monica is on all her other interactions.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-05-2021 at 04:08 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022