Page 192 of 283 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202242 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Oh sorry I misunderstood that, I really hope they keep Wanda "human" though.
    Yeah me too. Keep in mind I didn't want them making Agatha a mash up of Modred and Morgan le fey either, but that's what they did. It's not horrible, but not as good I feel.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Food for thought, if Wanda made Billy who's the Demiurge, and that Demiurge is the same one who created the elder gods (Marvel Wiki does list him as such) such as Gaia, Chthon, Set, ect who went on to create Earth and the universe & ****!!! In a roundabout way Wanda Maximoff created the Marvel Universe! Is that not crazy to think about!?!
    Congratulations, you discovered this mind fuckery of a lore piece.
    Seriously though, it's never really stated in comics that Billy's Demiurge status is the same as Demiurge, the father of Elder Gods. Assuming it is the case.
    It's either:
    1. A weird time loop.
    2.Billy is some sort of second coming of Demiurge.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I agree the exposition dumps were a bit much. When she said, “That’s the book of the damned!” while fighting Wanda I had to cringe because it was so irrelevant to everything going on.

Also her motivation of getting “power” was lacking to me. Like what does she do with that power? Is she literally addicted to it? Could have used more, but this probably won’t be the last time we see her.
    I was hoping Episode 9 would be free of exposition dumps. And Agatha became more like a Loony Tunes villain at the end of it. I'm just glad Marvel Studios didn't kill her off. I think Hayward was portrayed by far the worst in this show. Hayward is such a straight forward wannabe fascist and “bad cop.” I mean, he KEEPS shooting when Monica jumps in. He was so comically evil, I sort of loved just how unabashedly stupid it was. I laughed when he narrowed his eyes like a cartoon character. WandaVision made Hayward such a cartoonish villain by the end that it wasn't funny. Firing a drone, shooting at the kids? They had a great opportunity to delve deeper into him when he mentioned Monica had the privilege of hope having not lived through the last 5 years. But nope he now wants to kill kids and and drone neighborhoods. Laughable.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-06-2021 at 03:20 PM.

Ultimate Member

According to wiki yeah I was scrolling while trying to find more about the Darkhold.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Congratulations, you discovered this mind fuckery of a lore piece.
    Seriously though, it's never really stated in comics that Billy's Demiurge status is the same as Demiurge, the father of Elder Gods. Assuming it is the case.
    It's either:
    1. A weird time loop.
    2.Billy is some sort of second coming of Demiurge.
    I'm thinking time loop cause I checked out both pages while trying to find the comics I need to read to learn more about the darkhold (to no avail mind you) and both pages listed one another by name. And I looked at the OG Demiurge's page which labeled him as the "sentient life force of the universe" and in Strikeforce Billy's profile is the same! It's all a huge mindfuck!

In the end Agatha seemed to serve two purposes- 1) give a little bit of exposition on Wanda's powers 2) provide a conventional villain so we can have a big standard super villain fight at the end with them shooting different colored blasts at each other. She really wasn't necessary to the core story at all. And THAT was disappointing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    In the end Agatha seemed to serve two purposes- 1) give a little bit of exposition on Wanda's powers 2) provide a conventional villain so we can have a big standard super villain fight at the end with them shooting different colored blasts at each other. She really wasn't necessary to the core story at all. And THAT was disappointing to me.
    Yet she has 1 of the top 5 villain songs in Disney History she won!!!
    Last edited by Journey; 03-06-2021 at 02:35 PM.

Yet she has 1 of the top 5 villain songs is Disney History she won!!!
    You make an excellent point there. She's a winner in that sense for sure.

Personally, I think this concept (Wanda and the extent to which she will warp reality to deal with grief) coupled with the sitcom through the ages framing could have resulted in one of the all time best comic film/TV/thing with the right set of creatives at the helm. But the actual end product just ended up getting the edges sanded away and making a bunch of compromises to slot it more neatly in with audience expectations of the MCU.

The show billed itself as a character study of Wanda following multiple tragedies. And that is why I hoped that it wasn't going to end with too big a superhero style fight. You can't punch grief. I thought that was the main message WandaVision was trying to promote. But then it sort of undermined its own premise with some standard Marvel PEW PEW PEW **** in that last episode. I did like that the Double Vision fight ended with a theological argument. And that Billy got to use his powers a bit. The soundtrack was also lacking. That would have made Vision's and Wanda's goodbyes more impactful. But movie/television music was never the MCU's strong suit, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-06-2021 at 02:18 PM.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    nice re-color, sometimes the mcu is too conservative with the costumes hues
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Looks great, with this red it looks less Foxneto

I'm thinking time loop cause I checked out both pages while trying to find the comics I need to read to learn more about the darkhold (to no avail mind you) and both pages listed one another by name. And I looked at the OG Demiurge's page which labeled him as the "sentient life force of the universe" and in Strikeforce Billy's profile is the same! It's all a huge mindfuck!
    I always thought he was more like a wizard jesus than an elder god

Ultimate Member

I wish the red was a bit brighter. Not like the Halloween costume, but something in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    What Marvel did here was to embed Wanda's core story (coming to grips with loss and grief) inside a 'to be continued' movie plotline that had a different goal: Wanda gets powered up, becomes the Scarlet Witch, and gets the Darkhold. Agatha wasn't necessary to Wanda's core story in that sense, but she was absolutely essential to the 'Wanda becomes Scarlet Witch' plot. She's a formidable and knowledgeable character on her own, she's simply not a nexus level being like Wanda. Without Agatha, Wanda would not have gotten hold of the Darkhold, and all the unintended consequences that implies. I expect that Agatha is going to be an important character in Wanda's plotline going forward.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    What Marvel did here was to embed Wanda's core story (coming to grips with loss and grief) inside a 'to be continued' movie plotline that had a different goal: Wanda gets powered up, becomes the Scarlet Witch, and gets the Darkhold. Agatha wasn't necessary to Wanda's core story in that sense, but she was absolutely essential to the 'Wanda becomes Scarlet Witch' plot. She's a formidable and knowledgeable character on her own, she's simply not a nexus level being like Wanda. Without Agatha, Wanda would not have gotten hold of the Darkhold, and all the unintended consequences that implies. I expect that Agatha is going to be an important character in Wanda's plotline going forward.
    Yeah, Agatha is still kind of Wanda's mentor like in the comics, just in a more twisted and insidious way.