Page 197 of 283 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    So not for any real reasons or anything. Just accidental and whimsical reasons.

People here are raising a fuss about the fact that in the future she will more than likely be tied to the mutant corner when they get to the X-men. WandaVision quite obviously set her up to be a mutant but fine whatever.
    Not accidental. Planned.

Stan Lee once said about Scarlet Witch and her twin Quicksilver, “I remember that I liked (Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch) very much and I thought it would be fun to have villains who aren’t really bad deep down,” Lee told Comics Creators On X-Men. “We already had a reluctant hero with Spider-Man so I thought it would be fun to create a pair of reluctant villains.”

“I had big plans for Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch. I wanted them to eventually give up being villains and become heroes. That’s why I used them in Avengers after I left X-Men.”

https://screenrant.com/marvel-best-scarlet-witch-facts/

Yeah and Mephisto, Nightmare, Mags, Xavier, etc. Were all gonna be in her show. Mutants will get their time and it should be in the next five years. They'll get all their lore and hopefully it's great. But it doesn't need to include Wanda. They don't need her. And now with her level of popularity, she doesn't need them.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I still don't understand how Pietro survived/ got his powers what he does that's not magic such huge blank space in a good show.
    Last edited by Journey; 03-06-2021 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I still don't understand how Pietro survived/ got his powers that's not magic huge blank space in the show.
    They never explain it, but it's possible Wanda powered him like she did with Speed. They never show him touching the stone.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Dude, I hate to say it but you are just delusional.
    Is it not enough WV basically debunked every fan theory about mutants? And the elements like Chaos Magic, Darkhold, etc all point to her Chthonic lore.

A genuine question? Why, do you want her, away from her home franchise, to be X-Men's fodder, that much to the point of dismissing the stories that actually made up her character, and lie/use twisted facts about her. Like, WHY?

The X-Continuity explained that Magneto had been de-aged several times. This was covered a long time ago.

They retconned their entire universe so that Captain Marvel was around the whole time, the whole time, made it so that Avengers 1 wasn't Fury's first contact with aliens, made it so that Iron Man wasn't in fact the first superhero in the MCU modern era.

The MCU don't let circles bother them.

They can simply resurrect Aaron Taylor Johnson's Pietro, and Magneto would be the one to do it. Heck you can even use Krakoa Resurrection and sell that by bringing Pietro back out of Arbor Magna.

Lol, no she doesn't. The Avengers have never hit 1200 issues to start with, and she was absent and a no-show for several stretches of that.

The show has said that Wanda has a big mystery tied to her. That she has magic powers she doesn't know about and she had it since birth. Her parents are rando nobodies she's lost. So when they do the Magneto reveal, it'd be way less confusing than in the comics. And let's get one thing clear...the comics weren't confusing. It was made so for corpo reasons.
    What?! Didn't Feige say last year it would be like five years before the X-Men joined the MCU? And now that's probably been further delayed by COVID. Live-action is totally different than the comic books. I can't believe Feige would use some hocus pocus mumbo jumbo to de-age Magneto. Just so he can be Wanda's old man? And I think there's no chance ATJ gets resurrected after all the idiotic recasting shenanigans in WandaVision. Tommy will be the same age as ATJ was when the latter debuted in AoU by then. The MCU has kept things simple for the most part. I think they know it would be a huge mistake for them to make their stories and characters as convoluted as the comic books. And I say this with great respect because my knowledge of comic books is miniscule compared to yours.

Ultimate Member

Why is anyone still attached to Magneto being Scarlet Witch's father?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I don't know.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Is it not enough WV basically debunked every fan theory about mutants?
    It didn't. They just teased it out as a big set-up. A Disney Plus show that was originally supposed to be dropped in third place after Falcon+Snowman and Loki and then got moved up thanks to pandemic shuffle...is not the way you introduce the X-Men into the MCU.

A genuine question? Why, do you want her, away from her home franchise, to be X-Men's fodder, that much to the point of dismissing the stories that actually made up her character, and lie/use twisted facts about her. Like, WHY?
    Because as I said practically everything on the Avengers side has been played out for her in the MCU. The Avengers that fans care for (Tony, Cap, Thor, ScarJo) and she had a connection to is extinct. So the way forward is to tie her to the X-Men especially since Wanda can serve as a visual connecting tissue between the multiple phases and going forward when you have a long continuity you always want to have stuff to remind and tie stuff back to the earliest and oldest stuff.

From a storytelling perspective, the X-Men makes the most sense for MCU Wanda. Especially with what they setup in WV.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I can't believe Feige would use some hocus pocus mumbo jumbo to de-age Magneto.
    Because the MCU has been a rigid model for realism until now.

The MCU has kept things simple for the most part.
    Not really. I mean originally Wanda wasn't a sorceress but someone given powers by Hydra experiments with the Mind Stone. Now she had powers all along.

I think they know it would be a huge mistake for them to make their stories and characters as convoluted as the comic books.
    <Sinister Whisper> it's already just as convoluted as the comic books. Mwah-hah-hahahahaha.

Because in the MCU that's story real-estate that makes a lot of sense. It's also something to explore that the Fox X-Men never tackled (since Fassbender Magneto never actually confronted and accepted Pietro as his son on-screen).

Like eventually when you have the X-Men they will do Avengers vs. X-Men I think, and since most Avengers are gone and Wanda is still around having the Avenger find out that the X-Men's big villain and mutant is her father is drama that writes itself.

Extraordinary Member

33 years are a long time and some people are rightfully attached to it. Others may know Wanda through more recent X-Men animation.
    I understand some of those sentiments but the fact stands it's no longer a mutually beneficial relationship, not it ever was one, at best it's harmless.

It didn't. They just teased it out as a big set-up. A Disney Plus show that was originally supposed to be dropped in third place after Falcon+Snowman and Loki and then got moved up thanks to pandemic shuffle...is not the way you introduce the X-Men into the MCU.

Because as I said practically everything on the Avengers side has been played out for her in the MCU. The Avengers that fans care for (Tony, Cap, Thor, ScarJo) and she had a connection to is extinct. So the way forward is to tie her to the X-Men especially since Wanda can serve as a visual connecting tissue between the multiple phases and going forward when you have a long continuity you always want to have stuff to remind and tie stuff back to the earliest and oldest stuff.

From a storytelling perspective, the X-Men makes the most sense for MCU Wanda. Especially with what they setup in WV.

Because the MCU has been a rigid model for realism until now.

Not really. I mean originally Wanda wasn't a sorceress but someone given powers by Hydra experiments with the Mind Stone. Now she had powers all along.

<Sinister Whisper> it's already just as convoluted as the comic books. Mwah-hah-hahahahaha.

Because in the MCU that's story real-estate that makes a lot of sense. It's also something to explore that the Fox X-Men never tackled (since Fassbender Magneto never actually confronted and accepted Pietro as his son on-screen).

Like eventually when you have the X-Men they will do Avengers vs. X-Men I think, and since most Avengers are gone and Wanda is still around having the Avenger find out that the X-Men's big villain and mutant is her father is drama that writes itself.
    I think the MCU has been much more realistic and grounded than the comic books. That's why I enjoy it more. I actually think if the shows and movies get more comic book like, then they will be in trouble. The best part of the MCU is that they get to pick and choose the good parts from the original source material and discard stuff that is problematic, dated and just plain confusing. So I will just have to respectfully disagree with you on Wanda becoming Magneto's daughter because WandaVision must have called Wanda a witch five thousand times. And wouldn't those other witches in the series be mutants too if she is one?
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-06-2021 at 06:21 PM.

Ultimate Member

I think the MCU has been much more realistic and grounded than the comic books. That's why I enjoy it more. I actually think if the shows and movies get more comic book like, then they will be in trouble. The best part of the MCU is that they get to pick and choose the good parts from the original source material and discard stuff that is problematic, dated and just plain confusing. So I will just have to respectfully disagree with you on Wanda becoming Magneto's daughter because WandaVision must have called Wanda a witch five thousand times. I guess those other witches in the series would be mutants too if she is one?
    I semi agree because sometimes the comic book plots are more novel and interesting than the movie ones. Sometimes grounded means Hollywood generic.

But Magneto being her dad was a retcon, so i agrew with you on that.

BANNED

I think the MCU has been much more realistic and grounded than the comic books.
    At one point sure. But then the Talking Raccoon showed up, and alongside him you have Celestials, Eternals, Living Planet, Elders, Skrulls, Kree, Sorcerors.

You have multiple retcons and changes in the story that was set-up.
    -- The Norse Gods are simply aliens. Then Waititi's Thor Ragnarok arrives and everyone calls themselves Norse Gods and address each other as such.
    -- Captain Marvel 2019 severaly retconned AVENGERS 1 and Nick Fury's character.

The trick is the MCU started out as somewhat more grounded and realistic but over-time it's becoming more and more as wild and extravagant as the comics.

Eventually they are gonna have multiverses, they are gonna have Secret Wars and so on and so forth.

I semi agree because sometimes the comic book plots are more novel and interesting than the movie ones. Sometimes grounded means Hollywood generic.

But Magneto being her dad was a retcon, so i agrew with you on that.
    But those plots are impossible to be adapted into live action even though they are far more imaginative and creative I will concede. But fans don't want to get bogged down by "out there" concepts. They just wanna enjoy a few hours of fun. I know I do.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I still don't understand how Pietro survived/ got his powers what he does that's not magic such huge blank space in a good show.
    no one cares about pietro lol, witout being a mutant or magneto's son there's nothing in that character to use so no one cares

Ultimate Member

But those plots are impossible to be adapted into live action even though they are far more imaginative and creative I will concede. But fans don't want to get bogged down by "out there" concepts. They just wanna enjoy a few hours of fun. I know I do.
    Yeah, but I enjoy interconnected plots and crazy stories, instead of basic Hollywood ones.

But I agree many are hard to adapt.