Page 266 of 283 FirstFirst ... 166216256262263264265266267268269270276 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 3,990 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    This isn't true. Wanda's rights were never negotiated. Feige spoke openly about this before. When they negotiated the movie rights, the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were not involved so either studio could use them.
    Wanda's fans are lucky that the Fox X-Men movies never used Wanda and Pietro as members of the Brotherhood or (until their version of Quicksilver) Magneto's children. If they had asked for Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver to be included in the original deal, they probably could have got exclusive rights easily, since an Avengers movie seemed impossible back then.

Because of the X-Men cartoons and the failure of the one Avengers cartoon with Wanda in it (and her and Pietro not being allowed to appear in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes), I think they were actually better known to the public as X-Men characters, and I remember people being surprised at the announcement that the MCU was going to use them.

That may help explain why so many people thought this show was going to introduce mutants, even before they pulled the bait-and-switch with Evan Peters.

Ultimate Member

I'm actually glad they weren't. She's much more of an Avenger while he's kinda both, but using her as an X-Villain would've just wasted her and made her a background character for another Wolverine story

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Wanda's fans are lucky that the Fox X-Men movies never used Wanda and Pietro as members of the Brotherhood or (until their version of Quicksilver) Magneto's children. If they had asked for Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver to be included in the original deal, they probably could have got exclusive rights easily, since an Avengers movie seemed impossible back then.

Because of the X-Men cartoons and the failure of the one Avengers cartoon with Wanda in it (and her and Pietro not being allowed to appear in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes), I think they were actually better known to the public as X-Men characters, and I remember people being surprised at the announcement that the MCU was going to use them.

That may help explain why so many people thought this show was going to introduce mutants, even before they pulled the bait-and-switch with Evan Peters.
    The first paragraph is definitely beneficial. Not sure of the second. Because it just created the Wanda is an X-Men misconception and that it's more important to her character than things that actually were important. The cartoons do share the fault along with showrunners for helping that misconception along. But some fans do reduce Wanda down to two storylines that fit their fan fiction and erase her 50+ years as an Avenger all on their own. Tumblr has also played a part in this. Because posts on there and other social media had created a narrative that did not actually exist in comics. All of that set them up for disappointment.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

The first paragraph is definitely beneficial. Not sure of the second. Because it just created the Wanda is an X-Men misconception and that it's more important to her character than things that actually were important. The cartoons do share the fault along with showrunners for helping that misconception along. But some fans do reduce Wanda down to two storylines that fit their fan fiction and erase her 50+ years as an Avenger all on their own. Tumblr has also played a part in this. Because posts on there and other social media had created a narrative that did not actually exist in comics. All of that set them up for disappointment.
    I Believe that he success of the WandaVision Show as well as the success of MCU Wanda Might have started a New Age for Wanda and her story going forward. A more postive one too not just on HoM, but the journey she has been on and still is on in the MCU, that for many espically younger fans and a MUCH BIGGER base of fans then ever where in the comics back in 2005 to see Wanda threw a whole new and understanding light cause they connect to her motal flauts and humanity while still be awed at by being a powerhouse.

What these evens will mean fully are to early to tell but as of right now we seem to be in a whole new world and a new age of Wanda we have never seen before not just governed by HoM anymore, but a story based abit on Hom and other classic Wanda comics in a More Jutifiable Light.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Ultimate Member

I don't even know why some would still want her to be connected to the X-Men in the mcu. She's primarily an Avenger and that's where most of her better stories were

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I don't even know why some would still want her to be connected to the X-Men in the mcu. She's primarily an Avenger and that's where most of her better stories were
    True, but Avengers comics were generally not as popular as X-Men comics, and until the 2010s, the X-Men had enormously more presence in film and television.

So the number of people who knew Wanda as an Avenger and robosexual was dwarfed by the number of people who knew she was Magneto's daughter.

Obviously things have changed, but if someone is primarily an X-Men fan and isn't into the Avengers, then her identity as an X-Men character is more important to them, even if she's been in far more Avengers comics that they haven't read.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I Believe that he success of the WandaVision Show as well as the success of MCU Wanda Might have started a New Age for Wanda and her story going forward. A more postive one too not just on HoM, but the journey she has been on and still is on in the MCU, that for many espically younger fans and a MUCH BIGGER base of fans then ever where in the comics back in 2005 to see Wanda threw a whole new and understanding light cause they connect to her motal flauts and humanity while still be awed at by being a powerhouse.

What these evens will mean fully are to early to tell but as of right now we seem to be in a whole new world and a new age of Wanda we have never seen before not just governed by HoM anymore, but a story based abit on Hom and other classic Wanda comics in a More Jutifiable Light.
    My hope is she's heroic in Strange 2 and for the remainder of her time in the MCU. Because I worry that they've taken her probability powers too literally, and the downside of magic thing, plus HoM being so well known. Plus the showrunners themselves weren't well read on Wanda. And relied on Marvel for guidance. So hopefully that guidance steers creators away from having her do more bad things.

True, but Avengers comics were generally not as popular as X-Men comics, and until the 2010s, the X-Men had enormously more presence in film and television.

So the number of people who knew Wanda as an Avenger and robosexual was dwarfed by the number of people who knew she was Magneto's daughter.

Obviously things have changed, but if someone is primarily an X-Men fan and isn't into the Avengers, then her identity as an X-Men character is more important to them, even if she's been in far more Avengers comics that they haven't read.
    Almost to a bull-headed extent too. Because even when other fans point out that Wanda hasn't been in many x-related things and was never an X-Men they don't want to accept that reality. To them, Marvel deceived them or let them down. Not knowing because there's 57 years of comics that is impossible to read is one thing. But the ones that want to insist what her history was based on their headcanon is a really weird experience.

Ultimate Member

I thought the X-Men were only more popular in pop culture since the 90s. Before that it was mostly Spider-Man

Regardless, I see what you're saying. However, even though I'm more of an Avengers fan I would still see Wolverine or Beast as X-Men first

Ultimate Member

My hope is she's heroic in Strange 2 and for the remainder of her time in the MCU. Because I worry that they've taken her probability powers too literally, and the downside of magic thing, plus HoM being so well known. Plus the showrunners themselves weren't well read on Wanda. And relied on Marvel for guidance. So hopefully that guidance steers creators away from having her do more bad things.
    I want her to more conscious of how she uses her powers and how it affects others. It's something I don't feel she's quite grasped yet

I want her to more conscious of how she uses her powers and how it affects others. It's something I don't feel she's quite grasped yet
    Yeah it's beyond time for her to be something more than just a novice. They need to let her have control of her powers and emotions.

Ultimate Member

Yeah it's beyond time for her to be something more than just a novice. They need to let her have control of her powers and emotions.
    Her astral projection seems to shows
    she's already heading that way

Honestly it seems like the MCU is going FULL Magic Forward into Wanda's Future now thanks to the intro of Chaos Magic, Agatha's showing her magic, the DarkHold and Wanda being a Gentic Witch by birth, it seems the MCU Verson of Wanda is being a Full On Magic Buster Level Lady, so while yea their is Reality Warping said, it is all based on the primal chaos magic of her being a magical being of Legend the Scarlet Witch like a human Lovecraftian Goddess like being, Which is Awesome!

Honestly I have good feeling about the future for Wanda, WandaVision was HEAVLY Inspired by HoM as well as others Wanda stories, so I seems like Wanda's HoM story moment has already PASTED US, so by what it seems like Wanda Fans and Wanda are Home Free Going forward FINALLY From that story.

I have Good Faith in Wanda's Future Espically cause not only are they beyond the HoM story, But Wanda's default Nature after figuring out her new powers did some bad things by accident she did not know, she fixed them right away when back to her true self and mind.

That shows she is good nature by heart and by adding the POSTIVE Responses the General Public has for Wanda, Feige, the MCU, Marvel and Disney have likely taken notice and DON'T want to spoil have a New Princess of Power to be a Role Model of their Brand going forward NOT to be into more Postive Devlopment for her!

She Already had positives out of WandaVision growing her and showing her truer nature, but their is allot going forward for her!

Lets keep the Postive Faith GenericUsername Together, if what I said makes sense?!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I believe she is beyond that notive point and is now on the Training Aspect of her character development GenericUsername, Exciting times are coming for Wanda to grow in skill and power, the whole of the world is excited!

Do they have more Avengers ensemble films already planned? I know we have a few solo films (Cap'n Marvel, BP, Spidey, Thor) and the Eternals and Guardians sequel are coming, and the Fantastic Four were announced. She will be in Doctor Strange but nothing suggests anything after that. It might be a very long while before we get another Avengers film. I'd rather see Olsen return in an X-Men film then see her decide to just move on from the MCU.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"