Page 268 of 283 FirstFirst ... 168218258264265266267268269270271272278 ... LastLast
Results 4,006 to 4,020 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Did the studio just forget to call her Scarlet Witch in the movies, or did they intentionally wait until WandaVision
    Given that Feige plans out everything, it was probably intended to be revealed at some point. Then when the idea for the show came about, they likely figured that was the best opportunity.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Given that Feige plans out everything, it was probably intended to be revealed at some point. Then when the idea for the show came about, they likely figured that was the best opportunity.
    Ok. So did Pietro ever get his name?

They credited her as Scarlet Witch in the movies' credits and used the name on merchandise. I don't think they were always planning it. They just couldn't find a way to organically include that in the story, then when they decided to give her her own show they saw the opportunity to use it, give it a meaning and make a big deal out of it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    They credited her as Scarlet Witch in the movies' credits and used the name on merchandise. I don't think they were always planning it. They just couldn't find a way to organically include that in the story, then when they decided to give her her own show they saw the opportunity to use it, give it a meaning and make a big deal out of it.
    Makes sense to me.

Regardless, I am happy they did it and gave her the magical girl transformation with it. It was an awesome moment!

Extraordinary Member

Interestingly Feige gave an interview around the time of Doctor Strange where he talked about how Wanda's powers differed from Strange's, and he described them very much the way they were finally defined in her show, as "chaotic" magic that she was never trained to use:

"She never had any training; she’s figuring it out. Arguably, you could say that that’s why her powers are much more chaotic and much more loose in the way that we showcased those light effects. [Strange's power is] much tighter. It’s all about focus. It’s all about pulling energies from other dimensions in an organized and purposeful fashion, which is why they can do a lot more than she can in, at least, a much more precise way.”

I doubt he had anything like "WandaVision" planned out, but I would't be surprised if he was thinking about revealing Wanda's powers as magic so she could be added to Strange's sequel. Maybe the early draft of Avengers: Endgame, where Wanda and Rocket go to get the time stone, would have done that; who knows. It's much better this way.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Interestingly Feige gave an interview around the time of Doctor Strange where he talked about how Wanda's powers differed from Strange's, and he described them very much the way they were finally defined in her show, as "chaotic" magic that she was never trained to use:

"She never had any training; she’s figuring it out. Arguably, you could say that that’s why her powers are much more chaotic and much more loose in the way that we showcased those light effects. [Strange's power is] much tighter. It’s all about focus. It’s all about pulling energies from other dimensions in an organized and purposeful fashion, which is why they can do a lot more than she can in, at least, a much more precise way.”

I doubt he had anything like "WandaVision" planned out, but I would't be surprised if he was thinking about revealing Wanda's powers as magic so she could be added to Strange's sequel. Maybe the early draft of Avengers: Endgame, where Wanda and Rocket go to get the time stone, would have done that; who knows. It's much better this way.
    Wait, that was in an early draft of Endgame?

Extraordinary Member

Yes, according to the writers, in early drafts of Endgame, Wanda was alive, and she and Rocket were assigned to get the Time Stone.

In hindsight it probably worked out best for her that they delayed all her and Vision's story material (including White Vision, which most people expected to see in Endgame) to their show. But it meant that Wanda got like one minute of screen time in that movie and Vision none at all.

Ultimate Member

Yes, according to the writers, in early drafts of Endgame, Wanda was alive, and she and Rocket were assigned to get the Time Stone.

In hindsight it probably worked out best for her that they delayed all her and Vision's story material (including White Vision, which most people expected to see in Endgame) to their show. But it meant that Wanda got like one minute of screen time in that movie and Vision none at all.
    I'd have liked to see Scarlet Witch and Rocket Raccoon interact. Would they have met the Ancient one?

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Regardless, I am happy they did it and gave her the magical girl transformation with it. It was an awesome moment!
    Just Calling Wanda turning into the Scarlet Witch as a Magical Girl Like Transformation is So Much Awesomeness to here from a fellow fan see and appriate that as well GenericUsername! ^_^
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Just Calling Wanda turning into the Scarlet Witch as a Magical Girl Like Transformation is So Much Awesomeness to here from a fellow fan see and appriate that as well GenericUsername! ^_^
    I imagine that transformation will bring about a whole generation of young Wanda fans.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Talking

I imagine that transformation will bring about a whole generation of young Wanda fans.
    You are very much right GenericUsername, it seem to have been hailed as one of the ALL TIME Great Costume Reveals of all times ands while not as elaborate as in Anime Style of Magical Girls, it still was a costume formed in EPIC Fashion by Magic with the right kind of Earned Built Up For Wanda's Character at that moment, which is like Anime in a way too, building up to the all new power-up reveal and look!

Honestly it is Grand and You are right to see how this moment maybe alone has started a whole new generation of Wanda Fandom in teh World and the Video below I will Never get tire of referances cause it captures the world mood perfectly!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I just read this article about Wanda's role in the upcoming Doctor Strange movie. It contains snips of an interview with WandaVision head writer, Jac Schaeffer. https://thedirect.com/article/wandav...tch-curiousity

The article seems to be teasing the idea that Wanda is going to be making dark moral choices about her new knowledge and power level. To quote: "Schaeffer believed that due to this newfound power, it would make (Wanda's) “human concerns” about right and wrong “drift away.” The article's author implies that Wanda will be repeating the same mistakes she made in WandaVision by misusing her powers to get her family back.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Extraordinary Member

Yes, Schaeffer has said (or hinted) the same thing in other interviews, e.g. this one, where she said, "It would just be my assessment, and I would be so curious to hear what Lizzie has to say, but I don’t think she carries a lot of guilt. I think one of the things that she gained and earned from the events of this series is that she stepped entirely into her power and I think that she has a lot of confidence and I think she embodies it so fully to a point that I don’t think she’s thinking too much about the residents of Westview, which I don’t think is great. I think it’s a little bit of a concern."

Schaeffer isn't involved with Strange 2, but she probably knows a bit about what's going to happen. It concerns me, especially since Vision was the link to her humanity and he's gone (for now). They could go either way with her, and I think they deliberately wanted to leave it ambiguous about whether accepting her destiny as the Scarlet Witch will help her become a better person, or just a different one.

Of course Strange 2 isn't (or at least shouldn't be) her story, so her journey will probably go on in WandaVision 2 or whatever it's called. I just wish I could feel reassured that they won't turn her into a villain, instead of just thinking they probably won't.

Yes, Schaeffer has said (or hinted) the same thing in other interviews, e.g. this one, where she said, "It would just be my assessment, and I would be so curious to hear what Lizzie has to say, but I don’t think she carries a lot of guilt. I think one of the things that she gained and earned from the events of this series is that she stepped entirely into her power and I think that she has a lot of confidence and I think she embodies it so fully to a point that I don’t think she’s thinking too much about the residents of Westview, which I don’t think is great. I think it’s a little bit of a concern."

Schaeffer isn't involved with Strange 2, but she probably knows a bit about what's going to happen. It concerns me, especially since Vision was the link to her humanity and he's gone (for now). They could go either way with her, and I think they deliberately wanted to leave it ambiguous about whether accepting her destiny as the Scarlet Witch will help her become a better person, or just a different one.

Of course Strange 2 isn't (or at least shouldn't be) her story, so her journey will probably go on in WandaVision 2 or whatever it's called. I just wish I could feel reassured that they won't turn her into a villain, instead of just thinking they probably won't.
    Man, even the writers are concerned about her .