Page 178 of 283 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228278 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Wow, 2008 Hulk does have a similar ending lol. I wonder if there's a deeper meaning behind that
    I am not sure, but I always felt the deeper meaning in a moment like that and I still enjoy seeing that Film I felt it was underated at its time, the meaning is the Marvel Meaning of Mortals accending to the Relm of Gods. It is mortals and all of our flaws we take with us being give powers and insist into the Universe while having to learn of to live and control that power and let it not control us. When it does it creates storms, Like what happens with the hulk and his Angier or when Wanda got cosumed by grief.

It is not the moments when that happens at 1st that defines a character, but What Actions are Taken Aftewards to correct what once went wrong.

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I was thinking to myself, is that not the exact same cabin ?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The MCU is really dark when you think about it too much. Jeez.
    Yeah, they just don't dwell on it. I'd like if they address these things a bit more

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I mean, people are right that many Avengers have blood on their hands. I just hope she becomes more consciously heroic and tries to cause less collateral damage
    The MCU is really dark when you think about it too much. Jeez.
    Like I said in another post, it is about learning from when the mistakes of the storm happens adn trying to fix it then resolve yourself to become better afterwards. It is not dark, it is Mortals learning to deal with becoming Gods and having to come to terms with their own mortal flaws and pains and how to learn from them.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Like I said in another post, it is about learning from when the mistakes of the storm happens adn trying to fix it then resolve yourself to become better afterwards. It is not dark, it is Mortals learning to deal with becoming Gods and having to come to terms with their own mortal flaws and pains and how to learn from them.
    That's true. I hope SW's journey leads her to being a full hero.

Yeah, they just don't dwell on it. I'd like if they address these things a bit more
    "Hey, wait...doesn't that mean..."

"QUIP!!!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I do hope Wanda is much more self-aware and pensive the next time we see her...unless that goes all out the window so she can revive her kids.

BANNED

Wanda was in control though.
    Not completely in control. She used her powers out of grief and it created a bubble which became a sitcom reality. She didn't intentionally use her powers to sadistically torture innocent people.

It was y'know collateral damage. And unlike other examples we see, collateral damage people could walk away from and with time, therapy and empathy recover from as well.

And, wow, all the MCU heroes sound terrible when you think about them too much.
    -- Also Vision crippled Rhodey, the Avenger who had the most ethical record.

Yet Wanda is the one getting "next Thanos" theories. Because y'know sexism.

People seem to think Monica's empathy went a little too far by the finale. To the point where she thinks she'd be willing to brainwash and hold a bunch of people hostage to bring her mom back.
    She wouldn't do it after seeing what it put Wanda through, and how much worse she came off going through it then it would if she had been allowed to bury Vision like when she asked SWORD to follow Viz's will. A little empathy.

Westview may have been an accident initially but Wanda was eventually in control of it.
    Only to some extent and in moments of great emotional stress. She expanded the Hex when she felt Vision was disintegrating and it cost her so much that she was exhausted and weakened for days (which is when Agatha makes her move).

Unless the FF just end up being an outlier to the mystery men and women the general public start turning on.
    The FF don't work if they aren't the most powerful, publicly liked and embraced superheroes. Then everyone would feel like Ben Grimm rather than Ben being the outlier in a family of beloved supers.

It does seem to be leading to an escalating tension between the government and powered people that Mutants will not help in the slightest.
    Probably. But fundamentally, the mutants don't need the wider Marvel Universe for any part of their worldbuilding. They would be hated and feared because they represent organic natural evolution over man's need to dominate and harvest and leech off the environment for its own advancement.

The arrival of the mutants could lead SHIELD and others to ally and cool down with the super-powered folks. Call it a truce and old enemies ally against a new threat a bit like how waves of immigrant groups get co-opted by WASPs to persecute the waves that come after them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    it's a comic accurate deciption of wanda and her narrative.
    abusing her powers, making selfish rash decisions, avoiding any acountability yet the narrative makes sure she's more of a victim than... well the actual victims of her actions.
    Bar for bar the exact essence of wanda maximoff, but in here she's written with way more depth and an active participant, so her journey into anti-hero/questionable morals is actually interesting and enjoyable
    So, we're all just supposed to go with her objectively wrong actions because she's experienced trauma? Couldn't any run of the mill villain make this same argument?

I mean, people are right that many Avengers have blood on their hands. I just hope she becomes more consciously heroic and tries to cause less collateral damage
    "Hey, wait...doesn't that mean..."

"QUIP!!!!"

I do hope Wanda is much more self-aware and pensive the next time we see her...unless that goes all out the window so she can revive her kids.
    Yea, I think that is why she did the incredible Hulk thing, now she know what her powers can truly do when she did not know they could go that far or that extreme just by being in grief. It an hurt people and play games with you mind and emotions, so she socluded herself like Bruce Banner did so that while she is training and learning about herself she will not hurt people again.

Know one knows what the future will bring for Wanda, but these 1st steps at the end with her was a good start, we have to wait and see but I have trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Ok I have a theory Billy fucked up and did some ****. Cause one he reads minds that look on his face and the way he was kinda sitting up while Tommy was laying down tells me he probably knew they were about to die. After they were tucked in they turned off the lights but when the hex is enclosing on the house you can see the upstairs lights were on again so what if he did some spell fucked up and got him & Tommy in some au dimension. Just a theory that or all the Mephisto **** is true and we see it MoM.
    Wow. That's an excellent theory. I never thought of that. Makes total sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Not completely in control. She used her powers out of grief and it created a bubble which became a sitcom reality. She didn't intentionally use her powers to sadistically torture innocent people.

It was y'know collateral damage. And unlike other examples we see, collateral damage people could walk away from and with time, therapy and empathy recover from as well.
    But she eventually realized she was in control of this sitcom reality with real people. She was just utterly oblivious to how bad it was for them within the Hex even when other people brought it up. Agatha was the only one who forced her to face up to it.

Emotional trauma isn't always easy to recover from.
    -- Also Vision crippled Rhodey, the Avenger who had the most ethical record.

Yet Wanda is the one getting "next Thanos" theories. Because y'know sexism.
    I think it's more because people expect the worst from Wanda at this point.
    She wouldn't do it after seeing what it put Wanda through, and how much worse she came off going through it then it would if she had been allowed to bury Vision like when she asked SWORD to follow Viz's will. A little empathy.
    I think the people of Westview had it worse than Wanda did until the end. Monica doesn't even know that she was denied Vision's body because she wasn't shown the flashback.
    Only to some extent and in moments of great emotional stress. She expanded the Hex when she felt Vision was disintegrating and it cost her so much that she was exhausted and weakened for days (which is when Agatha makes her move).
    Not necessarily during emotional stress as we saw in the initial episodes. Her reaction to expanding the Hex was a comedic "self-help quarantine" day as "punishment."
    The FF don't work if they aren't the most powerful, publicly liked and embraced superheroes. Then everyone would feel like Ben Grimm rather than Ben being the outlier in a family of beloved supers.
    But the FF are coming very late into the Superhero game of the MCU than they usually do within any setting, so obviously there's going to have be concessions to accommodate the world of this adaption.
    Probably. But fundamentally, the mutants don't need the wider Marvel Universe for any part of their worldbuilding. They would be hated and feared because they represent organic natural evolution over man's need to dominate and harvest and leech off the environment for its own advancement.

The arrival of the mutants could lead SHIELD and others to ally and cool down with the super-powered folks. Call it a truce and old enemies ally against a new threat a bit like how waves of immigrant groups get co-opted by WASPs to persecute the waves that come after them.
    "Organic natural evolution" that can do stuff like what happened in Westview on possibly an even grander scale. It would just confirm the government's worst fears about the superpowered and what they're capable of.

SHIELD's dead. I don't know what's next for SWORD. Ross is probably who we have to worry about most.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    "It's magic, we don't have to explain it".
    Joe Quesada. 2009.
    Oh, I got it. ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
    So, we're all just supposed to go with her objectively wrong actions because she's experienced trauma? Couldn't any run of the mill villain make this same argument?
    She Experianced Trauma and it exploded into a form no one saw coming, it captured both her and those around her making everyone the victum of her power powers, even herself. When she was set right by the revealing of her pain in episode 8 and finally broke free of it, yea she set free the townspeople and gave up Loves to do the right then when things finally where made clear to her.

She now sucludes herself in the wilderness to keep from putting others in danger, she sadly knows she is an outcase and no one will understand how out of control the whole of the Hex Storm was. So to keep other safe while she does the best thing she could do, learn to control this power, she is staying aways from everyone not to hurt anyone again, learning from the events and trying to keep it from happening to her again.

I'd just like to say, for the record, that I'm a fan of Wanda and feel like she doesn't often get a fair shake, but here I think they could've done a better job with her story so we're not (once again) debating Wanda's morality for the umpteenth time.

Ultimate Member

I'd just like to say, for the record, that I'm a fan of Wanda and feel like she doesn't often get a fair shake, but here I think they could've done a better job with her story so we're not (once again) debating Wanda's morality for the umpteenth time.
    I agree. It was an accident of her grief, but she didn't do enough to necessarily repair the damage. That's it.