Page 10 of 144 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 2153

Thread: Wandavision

  1. #136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    spoilers:
    Yeah, but was any of those witches married to a guy named Luigi?!
    end of spoilers
    Mario Bros. joke?
    Was Curlytop

  2. #137
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Mario Bros. joke?
    Yeah. He looks like him in my opinion. I think it's really funny that all the dudes in this town are dominated by their wives.

    spoilers:
    I guess you don't buy into the theory that Dottie is actually Clea then.
    end of spoilers

  3. #138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Yeah. He looks like him in my opinion. I think it's really funny that all the dudes in this town are dominated by their wives.

    spoilers:
    I guess you don't buy into the theory that Dottie is actually Clea then.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Makes zero sense for her to be there. She doesn't know anyone involved and Doctor Strange hasn't even met her yet. If Umar were the one manipulating the situation maybe. But I doubt it's Umar. I think people just looked up Doctor Strange characters at some point, since they said the show ties into the movie and picked a character. I'd like to see Clea in Strange 2, and they do have a casting call for her, but to best knowledge, no one has been cast yet.
    end of spoilers
    Was Curlytop

  4. #139
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    spoilers:
    Makes zero sense for her to be there. She doesn't know anyone involved and Doctor Strange hasn't even met her yet. If Umar were the one manipulating the situation maybe. But I doubt it's Umar. I think people just looked up Doctor Strange characters at some point, since they said the show ties into the movie and picked a character. I'd like to see Clea in Strange 2, and they do have a casting call for her, but to best knowledge, no one has been cast yet.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, it would be better for Clea to show up later. I just think Dottie's hair looks like Clea's a bit. I thought she was very funny. I'm hoping that episode three advances the plot a little bit more. I really like the mystery element of the show, but I think viewers will get impatient if the pacing continues at its current rate.
    end of spoilers

  5. #140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    spoilers:
    Yeah, it would be better for Clea to show up later. I just think Dottie's hair looks like Clea's a bit. I thought she was very funny. I'm hoping that episode three advances the plot a little bit more. I really like the mystery element of the show, but I think viewers will get impatient if the pacing continues at its current rate.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That's really all that Clea shares in common and if Clea was pretending to be someone else, it wouldn't make sense to use the same color hair.

    Some viewers will get impatient, but they're the ones that apparently didn't read about the format of the show. Because they were throwing out clues that it's like Vision and the Scarlet Witch and The Vision, that it'd be sitcom format and humor leading into something more serious. They pretty much set themselves up for that disappointment. The show is supposed to pick up in the third episode. But it's probably gonna have an element of suspense for a while and continue to play through the decades. So those ones should wait and binge watch if they are that impatient.
    end of spoilers
    Was Curlytop

  6. #141
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    590

    Default

    I had to "watch" this show a few times to appreciate it for what it is trying to do.

    As someone pointed it out, we might be dealing with AIM (i.e. the Beekeeper). I was initially predeposed to the idea that the "bees" aren't bees at all, but were flies, which indicated to me that Mephisto, Marvel's "devil" is involved (considering his history with Wanda).

    This show won't be for everyone who isn't into programs with a "long burn" format.

  7. #142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    I had to "watch" this show a few times to appreciate it for what it is trying to do.

    As someone pointed it out, we might be dealing with AIM (i.e. the Beekeeper). I was initially predeposed to the idea that the "bees" aren't bees at all, but were flies, which indicated to me that Mephisto, Marvel's "devil" is involved (considering his history with Wanda).

    This show won't be for everyone who isn't into programs with a "long burn" format.
    Mephisto isn't Marvel's devil. There are a whole list of devils in the MU. Mephisto is just one that everyone has jumped on.

    The Hell-lords:

    Belathauzer
    Chthon
    Set
    The Gibborim

    Devils:

    Asmodeus
    Aqquoonkagua
    Baphomet
    Beelzeboul
    Belasco
    Blackheart
    Daimon Hellstrom
    Hela
    Johnny Blaze
    Krampus
    Kx'ulthuum
    Lucifer
    Marduk Kurios (a.k.a. Satan)
    Mephisto
    Murray
    Olivier
    Pluto
    Satana Hellstrom
    Stonecold
    Strong Guy
    Umar
    Thog the Nether-Spawn
    Xuthl
    Was Curlytop

  8. #143
    Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Can't wait to see Ep 3.

    Lizzie and Paul are killing it with their performances.

  9. #144
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    196

    Default

    So I haven't seen any of the episodes yet. But how does the show relate to this:

    https://www.marvel.com/comics/series...on_2015_-_2016

  10. #145
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evolutionaryFan View Post
    So I haven't seen any of the episodes yet. But how does the show relate to this:

    https://www.marvel.com/comics/series...on_2015_-_2016
    That comic series is about Mr. and Mrs. Vision trying to lead a perfect domestic life in the suburbs, but all is not what it seems and creepy things keep happening. That's also what "WandaVision" is about.

    The MCU often takes cues from the comics in a very broad way, so they're taking the tone of the comic and maybe some other plot points, but it's an original story.

  11. #146
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    spoilers:
    That's really all that Clea shares in common and if Clea was pretending to be someone else, it wouldn't make sense to use the same color hair.

    Some viewers will get impatient, but they're the ones that apparently didn't read about the format of the show. Because they were throwing out clues that it's like Vision and the Scarlet Witch and The Vision, that it'd be sitcom format and humor leading into something more serious. They pretty much set themselves up for that disappointment. The show is supposed to pick up in the third episode. But it's probably gonna have an element of suspense for a while and continue to play through the decades. So those ones should wait and binge watch if they are that impatient.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I do think that is the only thing that those two ladies have in common, so I get why readers of the comic books would think that. I think Strange's relationship with Clea got really twisted over time, but that's comic books for you. Writers seem to think any stable relationship is "boring". Which they can be, if they are not written well. Yeah, I'm not sure why people are critical about the sitcom portion of the show. Disney has been advertising for months it's not gonna be a shoot 'em up kinda show. I wouldn't mind if things pick up a LITTLE bit in the third episode though. I don't binge watch, so I don't know what that experience is like. I'm a dude who watches a documentary on PBS or a film on TCM, and then call it a day. Hey, by the way, are you mad that Vision has turned into a bit of a goofball? I mean Wanda is pretty funny too, but there is still a degree of seriousness to her personality. Some fans are not happy with the change. I'm totally okay with it. I hope he stays funny for as long as possible.
    end of spoilers

  12. #147
    Mighty Member your_name_here's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,908

    Default

    Looking forward to the next episode. Many of the reviews talk about how it changes up a gear in Ep 3

  13. #148
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    That comic series is about Mr. and Mrs. Vision trying to lead a perfect domestic life in the suburbs, but all is not what it seems and creepy things keep happening. That's also what "WandaVision" is about.

    The MCU often takes cues from the comics in a very broad way, so they're taking the tone of the comic and maybe some other plot points, but it's an original story.
    Thanks. Glad they're doing an original thing. I liked the comic but looking forward to seeing a new story here.

  14. #149
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    11,879

    Default

    This seems like the most likely theory for Dottie

    https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/th...true-identity/

  15. #150
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    This seems like the most likely theory for Dottie

    https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/th...true-identity/
    Yeah, that's a good catch.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •