Page 131 of 283 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Yeah, the Avengers seem to have pretty much abandoned Wanda and Vision to a large extent. But to be fair, each of them seem to have a lot on their plates and are pretty busy. I mean, what the hell is Doctor Strange doing right now in light of the situation in New Jersey? Doesn't seem to be a very diligent sorcerer at all!
    Didn't Strange get snapped? I'm fuzzy on the timeline, but it seems that all the people who got snapped are starting to reappear at the beginning of WandaVision. Maybe he's still snapped. (Sorry, I'm not sure how the whole 'snapped' thing works or if everyone is supposed to be back.) Maybe he's off in another dimension and is unaware of what's happening in New Jersey. I assume we'll find out soon enough.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    Didn't Strange get snapped? I'm fuzzy on the timeline, but it seems that all the people who got snapped are starting to reappear at the beginning of WandaVision. Maybe he's still snapped. (Sorry, I'm not sure how the whole 'snapped' thing works or if everyone is supposed to be back.) Maybe he's off in another dimension and is unaware of what's happening in New Jersey. I assume we'll find out soon enough.
    You might be right. He might have just come back from the Snap. Or he could be partying with a bunch of Polynesian babes in Tahiti. I think the latter is a distinct possibility.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

He’s back from the snap, since he’s was there in Endgame. But yes, he could have other things happening. Mordo is the one who should show up. This should be right up his alley ... he should want to shut this down. With a vengeance.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    He’s back from the snap, since he’s was there in Endgame. But yes, he could have other things happening. Mordo is the one who should show up. This should be right up his alley ... he should want to shut this down. With a vengeance.
    Mcu Mordo is such a bigot.....eew
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    His body was disassembled according to his will, given to SWORD run by someone Captain Marvel could vouch for. One assumes that after Maria passed away, things changed.

It isn't like Vision's body would have rotted, after all.
    Yeah, the Avengers seem to have pretty much abandoned Wanda and Vision to a large extent. But to be fair, each of them seem to have a lot on their plates and are pretty busy. I mean, what the hell is Doctor Strange doing right now in light of the situation in New Jersey? Doesn't seem to be a very diligent sorcerer at all!
    Most of them survived the snap - Captain America, Hulk, Thor, Iron Man, Black Widow, Hawkeye - they all survived and were alive for the next five years before snap was undone. But it seems like no one cared about Vision enough to retrieve and safeguard his body. After they went through Hydra taking over SHIELD and through Age of Ultron, it seems unreasonable that they would have so easily trusted yet another secret organization, and left body of the most sophisticated artificial being — that could be easily turned into weapon and become another Ultron — in their custody. Even if Captain Marvel trusted Marie Rambeau and vouched for the SWORD, it still doesn't make sense that Avengers would have left Vision's body to them just like that. They all trusted Nick Fury, but SHIELD was still full of traitors from Hydra. So just because Marie Rambeau is a good person, it doesn't mean that she has full control and can vouch for every single agent of SWORD.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Talking

Our Wanda got one of the most Epic and Memorably Executed Name Drops Ever & the Internet & the World Watching Cheers!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    Most of them survived the snap - Captain America, Hulk, Thor, Iron Man, Black Widow, Hawkeye - they all survived and were alive for the next five years before snap was undone. But it seems like no one cared about Vision enough to retrieve and safeguard his body. After they went through Hydra taking over SHIELD and through Age of Ultron, it seems unreasonable that they would have so easily trusted yet another secret organization, and left body of the most sophisticated artificial being — that could be easily turned into weapon and become another Ultron — in their custody. Even if Captain Marvel trusted Marie Rambeau and vouched for the SWORD, it still doesn't make sense that Avengers would have left Vision's body to them just like that. They all trusted Nick Fury, but SHIELD was still full of traitors from Hydra. So just because Marie Rambeau is a good person, it doesn't mean that she has full control and can vouch for every single agent of SWORD.
    A lot of **** happened in that 5 years, i mean Hawkeye went on a killing rampage. Not exactly the most stability group after losing against Thanos, so certain entities took advantage of that. Especailly, with Tony out the picture and Fury does what he usually does...rebuild.

Plus had bigger matters to deal with than Visions body like the whole world falling apart. I'm sure it's that simple, less to do with them trusting Fury again, after Hydra or the events of Ultron more to do with mitigating circumstances. Any reasonability went out the window during that time. It seems.
    Last edited by OblivionX33; 02-27-2021 at 10:27 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Seems a fair amount of people will be pissed if there is no mutant tease and Fietro was just a easter egg by the end of the show. Which I don't understand. It's always been about Wanda and Vision, not about mutants and X-Men. And let's be honest, do folks in this thread really believe general audiences will end up understanding what the hell probability hexes and chaos magic are? In any case, the next episode is about to be absolutely wild. I hope everyone is prepared for numerous threads to go unresolved. LOL!
    They are not entitled to mutants in a show that is not about them. Simple as that.

Strange was in Endgame fighting Thanos’s army, alongside Wanda...

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Thank you. Do we know much time has passed since the end of Endgame and the beginning of WandaVision? Sorry if this was stated somewhere else. As I said, I'm fuzzy about the timeline. Was Mordo snapped? It would make sense for him to show up if he knew about such a massive magical anomaly like this.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I think Marvel Studios bringing back ATJ is highly unlikely. Agatha in Episode 8 clearly stated that "necromancy is out of the question". And Wanda stated in Episode 5 that she couldn't bring people back from the dead. So that's why they used Peters. But I agree with you, I think Fietro MUST be returned to his place of origin in the Multiverse of Madness. He's clearly not Wanda's brother and to make him that way would be weird. He doesn't belong in Wanda's universe. I think Feige knows that Marvel fans are upset that Quicksilver was dispatched so quickly, so he's trying to give a version of him some of the spotlight right now. It's basically a gesture of respect. I'm saying all this because I think he was kidnapped from another reality. I also don't think this matter will be settled in WandaVision (IF he is Fox's Quicksilver).
    I'm not talking about necromancy, though, which is why I mentioned how they brought Loki and Gamora back. They could pluck ATJ's Pietro from a timeline where his life was basically the same up until the events of AOU, but he survived instead. It was a death that everybody agreed was unnecessary and a waste of the character, so I doubt anyone would actually complain about it being undone. If they don't wanna do it, fine, but they shouldn't try to replace him with someone who is a completely different person either, because I just don't see how that adds anything to the story. 'Cause like... that world is not Peter's. He doesn't have his family. He doesn't have the X-Men. Mutants aren't even a thing yet. Wanda and the Avengers mean nothing to him. He can't relate to Wanda's trauma or backstory. Why should he care about them to the point he would just give up on his home world to be there? It's not something that has any justification to exist beyond a temporary fanservice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    My expectation was that, should Fietro turn out to be the "real" Fox Quicksilver, that he'd end up being a multiversal refugee, the Fox X films would be established as part of the multiverse, and everything else would be promptly ignored forever. No other actor from the Fox films would be used, no other version of the Fox characters would appear, the MCU would roll out their own version of the X-Men, and Fietro would be treated as "normal" Quicksilver, but with a small twist in his backstory that would rarely be brought up.
    Getting this late, but there are certain characters in the X verse that are refugees from their own reality/verse:

Cable, or some of his versions
    Rachael Summers

So, that would be one of those things that the MCU hasn't incorporated yet (or?) Characters who came from different realities.

Kang may bring that in, but that means it is a concept for now. I'm talking characters who are not just fodder in battles, as I understand we'll see differing versions of Spidey and others in upcoming movies.

No, an actual version of Rachael or Cable, Since things are splitting and merging, isn't it possible that a couple of movies down the road, QS the Aaron version, might merge back or come as a refugee from some other realm, and is a much closer version of Pietro, than Fietro is/was. But to be honest, I have nothing invested in mutants. Once they come into the MCU, they may not even have a viewing priority for me; I liked the older ones from early 2000s, but the more recent ones are not that interesting to me.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    Wakanda is highly developed super-tech country, AND their development based around vibranium. If anyone, they should have the most capable scientists to restore Vision, even without Shuri. And even if they decided not to, or incapable of doing so, they should have at least completely demolished Vision's body to prevent it being used as a weapon. And any way it seems irresponsible and not heroic for Avengers to abandon body of their comrade. When Pietro died, his body wasn't left in Sokovia, Avengers brought him to helicarrier with them, so why had they abandoned Vision? Why his body ended up in S.W.O.R.D.'s possession?
    Everything fell apart with the snap. But systems (Shield, etc) have a way of having back up plans. So while the Avengers (ummm, Cap and Nat, mostly) were handling a lot of important things, it slipped through the cracks, or things being what they are (corruption, moles) it just was sneaked away and people forgot or were lied to.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    His body was disassembled according to his will, given to SWORD run by someone Captain Marvel could vouch for. One assumes that after Maria passed away, things changed.

It isn't like Vision's body would have rotted, after all.
    Want to hear my crazy theory? The 'Maria' who died, was really a Skrull disguised as her, part of the Invasion (but what and why is a question; maybe it suits the Skrulls plans to move SWORD from Maria to Hayward) - bottom line - Maria may be alive, somewhere. This could be very interesting.
    ~ Oberon ~

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    They are not entitled to mutants in a show that is not about them. Simple as that.
    Some time ago, many folks and/or writers or others inferred or thought that "Marvel" would do this, but no real information or credible seems to have ever came out.

So whether or not we agree that we would like it to happen 'here', it is not and we should accept.

If the X-stories are so important, than they should come in something more dedicated to their story.

Wanda's story, in the MCU, is not a shared one with them.
    ~ Oberon ~