Page 3 of 283 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Wandavision

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Well, SHIELD became detached from the MCU because Feige just wouldn't acknowledge it at all. The show tried to set up an Inhumans movie, which Feige canceled. He brought back Coulson but only in a story set in the past, so he never had to address anything that happened on SHIELD. Once he no longer had to take orders from the publishing arm of Marvel, he could do what he wanted and he didn't want to tie his movies to what happened on Netflix or ABC.

Feige is producing these new Disney+ shows himself, so things will certainly happen on them that will be followed up in the movies.

Of course people won't have to watch the TV shows to understand the movies, but then again it seems like they don't bother to explain what happened in the movies, either. But we'll probably be able to see a character in the movies and know that they first appeared in a TV show, like the adult Monica Rambeau.

I hope so, I'll give it a try before I completely drop it and stick to shows with my favorite characters

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Thank God these are 30 minutes like normal sitcoms. I couldn't sit through 40 - 50 mins of this like I did with SHIELD.
    Probably gonna stick around to find out about SWORD.
    Same, so glad it's short

Well I guess I shouldn't be surprised that tasteless fanboys who want nothing but usual manly action **** are disappointed, but it's still kinda baffling after seeing all the reactions elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well I guess I shouldn't be surprised that tasteless fanboys who want nothing but usual manly action **** are disappointed, but it's still kinda baffling after seeing all the reactions elsewhere.
    What can I say, I enjoy ketchup on my steak

BANNED

the first two episodes nailed it perfectly.
    If it wasnt an mcu show id still watch it, great quality tv

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Question

I am wondring Wiccan, what was baffling you about some of the reactions you saw elsewhere, how where they in your opinion and view?
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I am wondring Wiccan, what was baffling you about some of the reactions you saw elsewhere, how where they in your opinion and view?
    No, I mean the negative reactions here (on the trailer thread too) feel a bit surprising, cause everywhere else I pretty much see nothing but praise.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    What can I say, I enjoy ketchup on my steak
    you are wrong...and you should be ashamed of yourself...

Basically. I'm intrigued so far and the performances have been great. Kathryn Hahn is killing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    you are wrong...and you should be ashamed of yourself...
    Do not make me order it well done!

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

No, I mean the negative reactions here (on the trailer thread too) feel a bit surprising, cause everywhere else I pretty much see nothing but praise.
    On this forum there are people with biases and different expectations. Especially because they want to see their favorites with their own shows. Outside of comic-readerdom, they appreciate it for what it is. I liked it. My friend was shocked because he said comic book movies and shows are just about fighting. It's a weird show in a good way, especially for people who aren't into superhero clichés.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    do not make me order it well done!

noooooooooo!!!!!!

I thought it was brilliant.

Sure, some of the acting was over-done, especially in the first episode, but they're riffing on sit-coms and that's how we think of them. And the "creepy" moments are that much more impactful for appearing in the middle of such a idyllic setting, as is Wanda and Vision's moments of confusion where they begin to recognize that something's wrong.

You can already see there's a lot of layers here, a lot happening that's only being hinted at, and I find it really damn refreshing.

I also find the comments about this show not mattering to the larger MCU sort of weird. Does it need to be "important" to be enjoyable? And we already know that this is introducing adult Monica and tying directly into Dr. Strange 2, so....how much more important do you need it to be? Do you need Wonder Man here? Well you might be getting that. Do you need it to bring Vision back to (real) life? You might be getting that too. The twins? We already know they'll be appearing and might even end up sticking around after the show wraps, who knows? Learning a little more about SWORD? Seems like it's happening here. As far as importance goes, this is probably already more important to the wider MCU than a lot of the films have been. Geez guys, give it a minute! We're only two episodes in!

So my working theories at the moment.....the beekeeper is Vision. The "real" Vision, who's body was recovered and reprogrammed by AIM. The Vision we're seeing in Wanda's fantasyland is just as fake as all the rest of it. Once Wanda escapes the fantasyland she'll have to fight this evil Vision, either killing him (again) or saving him (but at what cost?).
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

The Mandalorian this is not.

I feel like the build-up is too slow. Even verbose Shakespeare with his iambic pentameter didn't take this long to convey that there was something rotten in Denmark. With only 8 or 9 episodes in the season, I feel like they wasted an installment. I appreciate callbacks to classic sitcoms like "I Married Joan" and "Bewitched" as much as the next old fart, but come on, move it along. I'm not here for the nostalgia. Quite the opposite. Surely, they could have accomplished in one episode what they delivered in two.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    So my working theories at the moment.....the beekeeper is Vision.
    Bees?

spoilers:
    I was thinking of the MCU creature, Hive, which was created by Hydra. That combined with the Strucker watch advertisement signaled whose behind this.
    end of spoilers

But happy to be wrong about that as it is most predictable.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    The Mandalorian this is not.

I feel like the build-up is too slow. Even verbose Shakespeare with his iambic pentameter didn't take this long to convey that there was something rotten in Denmark. With only 8 or 9 episodes in the season, I feel like they wasted an installment. I appreciate callbacks to classic sitcoms like "I Married Joan" and "Bewitched" as much as the next old fart, but come on, move it along. I'm not here for the nostalgia. Quite the opposite. Surely, they could have accomplished in one episode what they delivered in two.
    Well, you're going to have a bumpy ride lol. The entire season is about sitcoms throughout the ages.