Page 16 of 283 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They have some, like Blob. But very few. The large majority, even among mutants are very good looking.

Yeah Ultron always upgrades and becomes harder to defeat. There is an easy to digest video on him and his origin. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk8gOUCjwhA

I think mind-control is possible in this world where Hydra did that to Bucky, but we'll see. I think there is definitely part of her that wants to stay in this universe though.
    We need more ugly heroes and villains. That would be great. The more hideous, the better. Thank you also for that Ultron video. The person narrating the video should work for WWE. He's certainly got the voice for it. I think Bucky was mind-controlled, but I'm absolutely sure that Loki mind-controlled Hawkeye. I've even read that Thanos mind-controlled Loki! So there's a lot of mind-control going on in the MCU.

I'm just not sold on the idea that Westview is in an alternative universe. It looks like the people living there are from the main one. I think that's why a US government agency like SWORD is involved in this matter. That would make sense to me. That's why I'm also not entirely believing the theory that the Quicksilver that will be appearing in WandaVision is from a different timeline or whatever. Like I said before, I don't think Disney will be introducing mutants at this stage of the game. And I also think it's even possible Mephisto AND Nightmare show up in WandaVision too. I definitely feel some misdirections are heading our way.

I will say that even if you are intimately familiar with Wanda and Vision, this series is a bit of a challenge to understand. It's more like Twin Peaks in many respects. I think shows like Doctor Who, Star Trek, the X-Files and the Mandalorian are MUCH easier to get into. I think that explains the somewhat mixed reactions the audiences have had towards the show thus far. I do think things will be clearing up soon. Schaeffer said that Feige WANTED to string along audiences for as long as possible and that he trusted them to hang in there as the weeks go by. My personal belief: They should have released the first three episodes together. That would have been the length of a typical one hour network/cable television show. This is the first time I have watched a NEW streaming show, and I was looking forward to avoiding commercials. But they just tacked on longer credits to compensate for advertisements and I do kind of resent that. So I agree with Journey's complaint about this particular aspect of WandaVision.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I will say that even if you are intimately familiar with Wanda and Vision, this series is a bit of a challenge to understand. It's more like Twin Peaks in many respects. I think shows like Doctor Who, Star Trek, the X-Files and the Mandalorian are MUCH easier to get into. I think that explains the somewhat mixed reactions the audiences have had towards the show thus far. I do think things will be clearing up soon. Schaeffer said that Feige WANTED to string along audiences for as long as possible and that he trusted them to hang in there as the weeks go by. My personal belief: They should have released the first three episodes together. That would have been the length of a typical one hour network/cable television show. This is the first time I have watched a NEW streaming show, and I was looking forward to avoiding commercials. But they just tacked on longer credits to compensate for advertisements and I do kind of resent that. So I agree with Journey's complaint about this particular aspect of WandaVision.
    They stretched it out so it goes through to Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Biggest bet is that was not a decision made by Marvel, but one by Disney so they can keep people subbed to Disney+. Because when the show length was first announced, they said 6 hours, 6 episodes. Then there were reports that it was 8, then nine.

Disney used this same format for the Mandalorian as well. So they are likely having them edit things to stretch it as far as it can go.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

We need more ugly heroes and villains. That would be great. The more hideous, the better. Thank you also for that Ultron video. The person narrating the video should work for WWE. He's certainly got the voice for it. I think Bucky was mind-controlled, but I'm absolutely sure that Loki mind-controlled Hawkeye. I've even read that Thanos mind-controlled Loki! So there's a lot of mind-control going on in the MCU.

I'm just not sold on the idea that Westview is in an alternative universe. It looks like the people living there are from the main one. I think that's why a US government agency like SWORD is involved in this matter. That would make sense to me. That's why I'm also not entirely believing the theory that the Quicksilver that will be appearing in WandaVision is from a different timeline or whatever. Like I said before, I don't think Disney will be introducing mutants at this stage of the game. And I also think it's even possible Mephisto AND Nightmare show up in WandaVision too. I definitely feel some misdirections are heading our way.
    Oh yeah, universe was the wrong word. It's definitely a false reality. It's like tahiti.

I do not think the show will have so many villains. If Herb is the High Evolutionary, he's already one. The plot is still 6 hours. Despite the amount of episodes. So it's likely that a lot of theories do not happen.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 01-24-2021 at 11:38 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

They stretched it out so it goes through to Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Biggest bet is that was not a decision made by Marvel, but one by Disney so they can keep people subbed to Disney+. Because when the show length was first announced, they said 6 hours, 6 episodes. Then there were reports that it was 8, then nine.

Disney used this same format for the Mandalorian as well. So they are likely having them edit things to stretch it as far as it can go.
    I disagree with this decision if Disney mandated it. Six hours, six episodes would definitely have less pacing issues. I have no problem with no villains and/or action scenes thus far. I want to get from Point A to Point B GRADUALLY. But for a long time I felt we were still stuck at Point A! Bettany is basically pleading with audiences to be patient at this point, and I think they will be but it can't go on like this for that much longer before people start tuning out. Viewers want to have SOME idea of what's going on at this point. At least I do. I'm looking forward to the 80s, 90s, and 2000s sitcom era. The older sitcoms were fun, but the humor was pretty dated in my opinion. Going forward, I expect the jokes to have a little bit of a "modern" edge to them, which I would definitely appreciate. Introduce some snarkiness please. Vision and Wanda should hammer each other with some brutal one-liners. Of course in a loving way, unlike other MCU couples from the movies. I don't want to give the impression that I'm not enjoying WandaVision thus far (I absolutely am), but I feel the episodes are really short and sometimes they STILL drag. I do appreciate Feige, Shakman and Schaeffer taking risks here though.

Oh yeah, universe was the wrong word. It's definitely a false reality. It's like tahiti.

I do not think the show will have so many villains. If Herb is the High Evolutionary, he's already one. The plot is still 6 hours. Despite the amount of episodes. So it's likely that a lot of theories do not happen.
    Tahiti is a false reality? I think the people of French Polynesia would totally reject this view of them! They seem very real to me. Almost three hundred thousand people live there! I think the maximum number of villains in WandaVision will be two. I just don't know who they will be.

Tahiti is a false reality? I think the people of French Polynesia would totally reject this view of them! They seem very real to me. Almost three hundred thousand people live there! I think the maximum number of villains in WandaVision will be two. I just don't know who they will be.
    I could be wrong but I think GenericUsername was talking about Tahiti from Agents of SHIELD.

This is unfortunately the legacy that HoM left on the character, because that wasn't true for her beforehand. One of the considerations before getting pregnant in comics was how it'd impact how she was able to work as a hero on the Avengers. But luckily they had plenty of reserve members.
    Yeah, HoM casts a long shadow on Wanda and I know her fans are tired of that always being in the back of everyone's minds. But even setting the source material aside, we've seen Wanda struggle and make questionable choices within the MCU; there's the whole thing with Hydra and Ultron of course, but we've also seen her have a hard time coming to the "heroic" conclusion, and has often had trouble overcoming her own fear (which is usually when Hawkeye comes in with a "get off your ass" speech) and beneath it all, her trauma has been simmering and slowly coming to a boil. Not hard to imagine her making a selfish choice in West View, given the circumstances.

But on the bright side, the MCU often does a better job telling a story than the source material they borrow from and I find it unlikely that Wanda will end up a legit villain, even if she does make a few wrong calls before the final episode ends.

A hero v. hero fight is virtually a foregone conclusion of course, but that's to be expected (it *is* Marvel, after all). My money is on Wanda having to face off against the real Vision, reprogrammed and likely without any emotions....but it might be Monica instead.

It's a magical place.

"We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Man. Even if they're just infants, it felt so good seeing Billy and Tommy make their official MCU debut. Here's hoping we actually get Wiccan and Speed in the future. We've already got Kate and Cassie. Might as well get the whole squad together.
    I wonder if Cap being gone or Sam picking up the shield will inspire a Patriot.

Extraordinary Member

‘WANDAVISION’ reported budget: $225M; ‘THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER’ budget is reported to be $150M
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudi...he_falcon_and/
    Episodes Can Cost Up To $25 Million

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    ‘WANDAVISION’ reported budget: $225M; ‘THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER’ budget is reported to be $150M
    Well, they did say that there would be just as much or more CGI in WandaVision as there was in Avengers: Endgame.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Who would win, Wanda (House of W) Vs. Doctor Strange?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    They would call it a draw then team up to fight the real villain.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    They aren't kidding, movies budgets on Disney+ tv shows

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    By the Hoary Hosts of Hoggath I wouldn't want to be around for that fight!