Page 189 of 283 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    The to be fair. The rumor folk first said Evan Peters was in this series a year ago.

I think a lot of stuff they draw their own conclusions from though: Strange will appear, Nightmare will appear, it’s Mephisto, etc
    And Evan did appear, but as a fake out. So even his appearance is a cautious tale. Anything unconfirmed has a chance of either not being true or not exactly what you think.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I could see Chton is the new Thanos, it would be nice because I donīt think the comics really have touched on his potential as a big menace, I would not bet big on this but it could happen and the MCU usually takes itīs time in developing the villains for the movies and the big bads for the crossovers. If Chton becomes a menace it wonīt happen right away on MoM, Nightmare already has that spot but itīs something that could be in the background quietly growing, just like Thanos keep Showing himself at the end of movies until his big moment.

I donīt think Agatha called her a godness, she said the Scarlet Witch was "made" not "born" and she is destined to bring the "end of the world" this make me remember her solo series when itīs said destiny is a big thing for witches. Now if sheīs made then something must be doing the moves in making her, I think this part of the series was the more faithful of the comics, because she also has been described as someone who only brings chaos to the world but I think the MCU will instead make it her character journey "How do I free myself from my destiny"? I think that would be awesome to see.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-06-2021 at 11:55 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I could see Chton is the new Thanos, it would be nice because I donīt think the comics really have touched on his potential as a big menace, I would not bet big on this but it could happen and the MCU usually takes itīs time in developing the villains for the movies and the big bads for the crossovers. If Chton becomes a menace it wonīt happen right away on MoM, Nightmare already has that spot but itīs something that could be in the background quitly growing, just like Thanos keep Showing himself at the end of movies until his big moment.
    I think the next Thanos is Kang, since he's already confirmed and cast. And I have no idea yet if Chthon exists in this universe or if the Scarlet Witch is the elder god here. Thinking of how progressive the showrunners are, they might not have wanted Wanda getting her powers from nor being possessed by a man.

And maybe the Darkhold in this universe were written by her followers and not pages put together by Chthon's.

Nightmare was never confirmed.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think the next Thanos is Kang, since he's already confirmed and cast. And I have no idea yet if Chthon exists in this universe or if the Scarlet Witch is the elder god here. Thinking of how progressive the showrunners are, they might not have wanted Wanda getting her powers from nor being possessed by a man.

And maybe the Darkhold in this universe were written by her followers and not pages put together by Chthon's.

Nightmare was never confirmed.
    Exactly this.

Kang will be the big bad for the trilogy of the Young Avengers and the Avengers but this doesnīt mean there will also be a big magical bad,just like in the series there was Agatha to be a magical antagonist and Hayward/White Vision who were the antagonist for Vision.

Thereīs not information in the MCU yet about how the Dakhold was made but it was called a "book of the dammed" just like in the comics and I guess it will also be referenced for Blade in the MCU.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-06-2021 at 12:01 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

I could see Chton is the new Thanos, it would be nice because I donīt think the comics really have touched on his potential as a big menace, I would not bet big on this but it could happen and the MCU usually takes itīs time in developing the villains for the movies and the big bads for the crossovers. If Chton becomes a menace it wonīt happen right away on MoM, Nightmare already has that spot but itīs something that could be in the background quietly growing, just like Thanos keep Showing himself at the end of movies until his big moment.

I donīt think Agatha called her a godness, she said the Scarlet Witch was "made" not "born" and she is destined to bring the "end of the world" this make me remember her solo series when itīs said destiny is a big thing for witches. Now if sheīs made then something must be doing the moves in making her, I think this part of the series was the more faithful of the comics, because she also has been described as someone who only brings chaos to the world but I think the MCU will instead make it her character journey "How do I free myself from my destiny"? I think that would be awesome to see.
    In the show they use the word divine for the Scarlet Witch.

Ultimate Member

Kang will be the big bad for the trilogy of the Young Avengers and the Avengers but this doesnīt mean there will also be a big magical bad,just like in the series there was Agatha to be a magical antagonist and Hayward/White Vision who were the antagonist for Vision.

Thereīs not information in the MCU yet about how the Dakhold was made but it was called a "book from the dammed" just like in the comics and I guess it will also be referenced for Blade in the MCU.
    You think the villain will be Mephisto, Nightmare or someone else? Mephisto is connected to Billy and Tommy in the comics, right?

Big magical bad fits Shuma-Gorath more than Chthon or Nightmare. Someone Strange related too. Because I'm very sure they aren't co-oping Strange's movie with Wanda's lore. She'll just be a support character.

I will need to see the episode again but I donīt remember this, the show mostly confirmed her being a witch and a user of chaos magic.

There has not been even a blink of Shuma-Gorath being a issue while the darkhold is already in the MCU.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Big magical bad fits Shuma-Gorath more than Chthon or Nightmare. Someone Strange related too. Because I'm very sure they aren't co-oping Strange's movie with Wanda's lore. She'll just be a support character.
    Scarlet Witch doesn't have many villains of her own. Does the High Evolutionary count?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    You think the villain will be Mephisto, Nightmare or someone else? Mephisto is connected to Billy and Tommy in the comics, right?
    Vaguely. He is a part of a retcon of them. But hardly a big bad. Mostly a joke used to break up relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Scarlet Witch doesn't have many villains of her own. Does the High Evolutionary count?
    Him the New Men, Salem's Seven, Samhain. Chthon is in comics but maybe won't be in the movies. Oh forgot Lore.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 03-06-2021 at 12:06 PM.

I think Feige confirmed they would not use Mephisto so I guess they will develop other magical adversaries. If push comes to shove I could see him as an antagonist for Dr Doom or at least be referenced in his origin.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-06-2021 at 12:08 PM.

I will need to see the episode again but I donīt remember this, the show mostly confirmed her being a witch and a user of chaos magic.

There has not been even a blink of Shuma-Gorath being a issue while the darkhold is already in the MCU.
    Shuma-gorath is the ruler of multiple dimensions and a Lovecraft inspired villain. DS2 was described as a gothic horror at first (Lovecraft's genre). And the title of ITMoM could be a take on Lovecraft's At the Mountains of Madness. The Multiverse in ITMoM could include the dimensions Shuma-Gorath rules over.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Question

I think Feige confirmed they would not use Mephisto so I guess they will develop other magical adversaries. If push comes to shove I could see him as an antagonist for Dr Doom or at least be referenced in his origin.
    I just thought of this recently, so if it’s not true that’s OK but I was just curious if anyone else has heard of this. I heard some countries won’t allow the reference to the devil in any media to be played including movies, so is that true or is anyone else heard this about that?

Because if so maybe that’s the reason why Fiege won’t use Mephisto?
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!