Page 199 of 283 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209249 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    of course they won't do that, if they wanted magneto would already be her father on Wandavision
    They are not gonna introduce a major character like Magneto in a Disney Plus show.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I'm not really a fan of where they positioned Wanda overall. It's not bad writing or anything, but I would have liked a story with a clearer resolution and a more heroic turn for Wanda. I was never a fan of her return to villainy in the comics, I don't really like it here either. And I realize she's not necessarily straight up bad, but she's done some pretty awful **** and the show went out if its way to underscore that it wasn't just an amnesia dream for the town, but torture. And now they're setting her up as the potential end of the world threat, too.

I wish we got growing Wanda, not regressing Wanda, and helpful Agatha and not cardboard villain Agatha.

Ah well.
    But she is growing. First step is learn about her powers, so accidents like westview doesn't happen. She never wanted to torture them

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    They are not gonna introduce a major character like Magneto in a Disney Plus show.
    why not? there is nothing stop them, except that Magneto isnt the father
    Last edited by Rang10; 03-06-2021 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Since when did this become a thesis on the movie industry
    Since Martin Scorsese started talking about the bad influence of Marvel Studios on "cinema" in general.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Since Martin Scorsese started talking about the bad influence of Marvel Studios on "cinema" in general.
    Considering that people don't infer the basic visual storytelling communicated in the TV Show, he's not wrong. Actually, I agree with him entirely.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Ehhh I dunno about that. spoilers:
    We may be getting Kang in Loki
    end of spoilers so idk if they have problems with major characters appearing in the shows first.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Ehhh I dunno about that. spoilers:
    We may be getting Kang in Loki
    end of spoilers so idk if they have problems with major characters appearing in the shows first.
    That's not a major character, my dude.

BANNED

But she's not a witch like Agatha and Stephen who were humans who had to learn and study and hone their magic talents. And Agatha herself says that her magic study alone would never have made her as powerful as Wanda's.

And again Pietro doesn't have magic but he got powers unlocked from the mind-stone too it seems like. Since they're both twins and only one has magic, it stands to reason that there's more to both of them than magic.

But again, how does Pietro get powers from the mind-stone if he wasn't magical either?

He's Thanos, explicitly stated to be far more powerful than anyone else.

The Soul Stone is different.

The flashbacks show her casting a hex to stop Stark's missile from going off, as a young girl.

Literally the oppposite was told to us in WandaVision.
    because she was never exposed to an infinity stone... thats whats EXPLAINED on the show.
    Wanna is NOT a mutant , move on because thats the new status quo probably in the boooks too

But she is growing. First step is learn about her powers, so accidents like westview doesn't happen. She never wanted to torture them

why not? there is nothing stop them, except that Magneto isnt the father
    I know she didn't intend to hurt anybody. But she ended up doing just that and she knew it. When people make mistakes, especially when heroes do, I think they should make an effort to try and fix things. Even if that effort is not accepted by the victims. That's the least they could do. And Wanda didn't do that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    because she was never exposed to an infinity stone... thats whats EXPLAINED on the show.
    Everyone before her in that situation was killed on approaching the stone. We were told that, only with her and her brother you had a different outcome.

Wanna is NOT a mutant , move on because thats the new status quo probably in the boooks too
    Status-quos in comics will change. Right now Hickman is teasing a big story for Wanda in his run.

The MCU changed Wanda from a Hydra human experiment to someone who always had powers. Eventually they might make her mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'd argue WandaVision is now her most popular story, because the MCU reaches more audiences than the comics ever did. So, yeah, HOM will always be her most popular comic book story, but WandaVision will be what she is most remembered for going forward in pop culture as a whole (unless we get another Wanda-centric production).

And BTW, House Of M was already an inspiration for WandaVision. They literally credited Bendis for that. In the eyes of Kevin Feige, that story was already checked off their list. I doubt they would do anything like that again, because unlike the comics, the MCU is much less cyclical with their stories. So it's all a moot point anyway. Time to put it behind us.
    This felt like Disassembled and House of M if the level of reality warping and harm were scaled down and Wanda was the protagonist instead of a plot device.

Just look at all this debate about the morality and Wanda's culpability in this thread like people are still debating about those two stories from the comics.

Ultimate Member

of course they won't do that, if they wanted magneto would already be her father on Wandavision
    Exactly. I personally prefer her and Quicksilver to just be Avengers (whether they're mutants or not), while others prefer otherwise, but it's clear Marvel Studios has so far stated neither character is a mutant, or related to Magneto

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

That's not a major character, my dude.
    spoilers:
    the next Big Bad of Phase 4-5 isn't a major character?
    end of spoilers

As for mutants, its most likely the first mutant in the MCU will be Deadpool.
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 03-06-2021 at 07:16 PM.

BANNED

Everyone before her in that situation was killed on approaching the stone. We were told that, only with her and her brother you had a different outcome.

Status-quos in comics will change. Right now Hickman is teasing a big story for Wanda in his run.

The MCU changed Wanda from a Hydra human experiment to someone who always had powers. Eventually they might make her mutant.
    yeah because the others probably weren't ... witches, thats what was special about them, they were witches by blood or had some latent sorcerous potential, the internet and "theory-culture" has ruined everyone's comprehension on storytelling and media.

Hickman doesn't care about wanda he's an hardcore x-men fan, whatever plans he has will end with her looking worse as the PRETENDER.

eventualy her contract will end and the scarlet witch will bow out of the mcu as mutants come up
    Last edited by Ferro; 03-06-2021 at 07:19 PM.

Astonishing Member

That's very unlikely imo. The X-Books (other than that Empyre crossover) apparently don't have control of the Scarlet Witch. Rather she is under the purview of Avengers/FF editors. And we've seen with Franklin, they'd rather retcon him from being a mutant rather than share the character with the X-book editors and Hickman.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 03-06-2021 at 07:20 PM.

Considering that people don't infer the basic visual storytelling communicated in the TV Show, he's not wrong. Actually, I agree with him entirely.
    I do agree with him to a certain extent too. I have yet to watch a superhero movie or show that has touched me or made me think like classic non-superhero films and even documentaries have. But I understand why folks think people like him sound insufferable, elitist and pretentious as well.