Page 263 of 283 FirstFirst ... 163213253259260261262263264265266267273 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,945 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    Thank you for that Eto, it is awesome!
    Last edited by James Hunter; 04-06-2021 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Haha, I was being rhetorical. I never liked heroines having to wear such costumes while heroes remained covered
    Don't worry, George Pérez was definitely equal opportunity when it came to showcasing idealised bodies

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Don't worry, George Pérez was definitely equal opportunity when it came to showcasing idealised bodies

But was he wearing underwear is the question. Because according to Perez, Wanda was not.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Talking

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    Oh, good to know that, because that is another unfair assessment of a character. Where Wonder Woman was growing up was essentially a fairytale-word, where everything she was taught about good and evil was black and white. So she could be an intelligent and skilled warrior, and still come off as naive as a child when she gets thrown into the complexity of the outside world. The movie even emphasizes that with the cliché scene of her experiencing icecream for the first time. See, that’s a fundamental problem I have found with people who are judgmental over characters: They always see it from the “Global Perspective”, and either fail or outright refuse to see it from the perspective of the character they are talking about. Also the last time Wanda was portrait as smart was in 2019, during one issue of “Avengers: No Road Home”, in how she combined her powers with Monica’s. With her powers, Wanda doesn’t need to be smart every time she uses them, that doesn’t negate that she is smart. Just like in “The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes” it was a few times established that the Hulk is smart. So I take it that this iteration of the Hulk is smart, even though most of the time it works for him to solve a problem with “Hulk smash!”.
    Yeah, it was an unfair assessment. And a bit hasty from my end too. So I was wrong about that. I'm glad Wanda's being portrayed as smart in the comic books. But I agree with you, the stronger the characters are, it often seems to me that their IQ levels collapse for some reason!

https://www.cbr.com/wandavision-agat...witch-big-bad/

If the showrunner himself says so...
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post

She killed Sparky. Her pov is invalid.

Also, the showrunners (like Bendis) miss the whole point of the character. It was never meant to be her being taken over by her powers, but overcoming them. They just see her powers and think villain. Which means they should be kept away from her.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    She killed Sparky. Her pov is invalid.

Also, the showrunners (like Bendis) miss the whole point of the character. It was never meant to be her being taken over by her powers, but overcoming them. They just see her powers and think villain. Which means they should be kept away from her.
    Bendis should be kept away from Marvel in general.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Agreed.

/10 char

Ultimate Member

When was he last good?

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post

If you look at just what is in the quotation marks – what the showrunner says – she never calls Wanda a villain. This article is once again CBR bending the narrative to villainize Wanda!

Wanda’s immediate reaction to Agatha’s “Heroes don’t torture people” is to bring down the Hex – which tells more about Wanda than any words. And that is something that Jac Schaeffer must have, if not herself written, at least approved.

Also at one point CBR misses the “a” in “Schaeffer”. Can’t even get that right.

Agreed, but he should stay away from DC as well. Maybe he can go to “Dark Horse”, there is currently nothing I care about.

Extraordinary Member

I’ve heard it said that the big bad of the show is “Wanda’s grief,” and Schaeffer said in that interview that “trauma begets trauma.” Wanda didn’t hurt people on purpose, but she hurt them because she was in denial.

While I hate that the show kept teasing a possible “big bad” and rarely allowed us to see Wanda’s own POV until the last couple of episodes, I think it was right that this was not something she was being manipulated into doing by someone else (though Agatha did deliberately send in “Fietro” to stop Vision from convincing Wanda to stop). This has to be her own doing and it had to be her choice to stop.

I just wish they hadn’t villainized Agatha for the sake of a final fight. It doesn’t make me optimistic about their plans for Wanda.

But Wanda is not a villain — yet. But to the townspeople she is the villain and rightly so.

Ultimate Member

I didn't think Agatha needed to be a villain. Instead we maybe should've had an episode devoted to Wanda's view of things

Extraordinary Member

They made Agatha a villain because the final episode needed a big witch fight. That's really it.

She's basically comics Agatha combined with a character Wanda fought in her solo comic called "The Emerald Warlock," who went around killing other witches by draining the magic and the life out of them. He tried to do that to Wanda and reduced her to a husk, but then it turned out Wanda was actually draining his power.

The production staff have said they read that story from Wanda's comic, and while they didn't say so, I suspect they just combined Wanda's mentor with Wanda's nemesis to give Kathryn Hahn a bigger part.

Ironically it's Agatha who helps Wanda more than anyone else -- she gets Wanda to recover her memories, breaks her out of her denial, gets her to end the Hex and let go -- while Monica, who kept talking about how she wanted to help Wanda, didn't really help anyone. I doubt that was an intentional thing, it's just that Agatha still plays her role as Wanda's mentor even though she's been turned evil.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    They made Agatha a villain because the final episode needed a big witch fight. That's really it.

She's basically comics Agatha combined with a character Wanda fought in her solo comic called "The Emerald Warlock," who went around killing other witches by draining the magic and the life out of them. He tried to do that to Wanda and reduced her to a husk, but then it turned out Wanda was actually draining his power.

The production staff have said they read that story from Wanda's comic, and while they didn't say so, I suspect they just combined Wanda's mentor with Wanda's nemesis to give Kathryn Hahn a bigger part.

Ironically it's Agatha who helps Wanda more than anyone else -- she gets Wanda to recover her memories, breaks her out of her denial, gets her to end the Hex and let go -- while Monica, who kept talking about how she wanted to help Wanda, didn't really help anyone. I doubt that was an intentional thing, it's just that Agatha still plays her role as Wanda's mentor even though she's been turned evil.
    Yeah, the way they set it up Agatha is still kind of Wanda's magic mentor, just in a more twisted and sinister way.