Page 13 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 1916

Thread: Wandavision

  1. #181
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    62,140

    Default

    It makes sense that Vision is too methodical to not notice how weird everything is, and want to figure out what's happening, it's just he can't do much whenever his wife realizes he's suspicious.

    So, yeah, rapid pregnancy, rapid birth...something is afoot. And then Wanda's powers go haywire. What was up with that stork though?

    It was kind of funny seeing Wanda and Vision debating "Billy" and "Tommy" for the names of their kids when we know they're going to get twins, and it was neat how they came up with the names. I like that Wanda ends up naming the kid who most takes after Pietro while Vision names the child who ends up taking after Wanda.

    Herb pleasantly sawing through that wall like it was the most normal thing in the world, was...unsettling.

    If 70's "Geraldine" is any indication, Teyonah Paris has the sass and confidence to play the proper Monica Rambeau.

    We can now say Monica Rambeau was there to help Wanda deliver Speed.

    Vision missed Tommy's birth, but he got to be there for Billy's.

    It seems like the townspeople all realize to some extent they're trapped in there, even if the "plot" has to come up with reasons to keep them there, and that there's not much they can do about it other than play into the fantasy Wanda and Vision are stuck in. Herb sure was getting close though.

    Seeing the twins lets Wanda "break character" and finally remember Pietro in the first time he's been mentioned since AoU. Wanda even got her accent back for a quick second there.

    Poor Monica. Getting reminded of Pietro made her think back to what she knew about the real world and she jumped at it, not knowing how much Pietro and Ultron are a sore spot for Wanda...especially when she's basically retreating from reality in Westview.

    So, yeah, Wanda kicks Monica out. As creepy as that final scene is and as the look on Wanda's face is, I can't see them making her wholly responsible for this or turning her into a villain, so I feel like someone is orchestrating things and Wanda's just not in a state where she can think clearly enough to stop it or accept help from SWORD. It's all a matter of who is behind the scenes, and I think Agnes might know for sure.

  2. #182
    Wanda & Ribrianne~4~Life! CJStriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    10,799

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It makes sense that Vision is too methodical to not notice how weird everything is, and want to figure out what's happening, it's just he can't do much whenever his wife realizes he's suspicious.

    So, yeah, rapid pregnancy, rapid birth...something is afoot. And then Wanda's powers go haywire. What was up with that stork though?

    It was kind of funny seeing Wanda and Vision debating "Billy" and "Tommy" for the names of their kids when we know they're going to get twins, and it was neat how they came up with the names. I like that Wanda ends up naming the kid who most takes after Pietro while Vision names the child who ends up taking after Wanda.

    Herb pleasantly sawing through that wall like it was the most normal thing in the world, was...unsettling.

    If 70's "Geraldine" is any indication, Teyonah Paris has the sass and confidence to play the proper Monica Rambeau.

    We can now say Monica Rambeau was there to help Wanda deliver Speed.

    Vision missed Tommy's birth, but he got to be there for Billy's.

    It seems like the townspeople all realize to some extent they're trapped in there, even if the "plot" has to come up with reasons to keep them there, and that there's not much they can do about it other than play into the fantasy Wanda and Vision are stuck in. Herb sure was getting close though.

    Seeing the twins lets Wanda "break character" and finally remember Pietro in the first time he's been mentioned since AoU. Wanda even got her accent back for a quick second there.

    Poor Monica. Getting reminded of Pietro made her think back to what she knew about the real world and she jumped at it, not knowing how much Pietro and Ultron are a sore spot for Wanda...especially when she's basically retreating from reality in Westview.

    So, yeah, Wanda kicks Monica out. As creepy as that final scene is and as the look on Wanda's face is, I can't see them making her wholly responsible for this or turning her into a villain, so I feel like someone is orchestrating things and Wanda's just not in a state where she can think clearly enough to stop it or accept help from SWORD. It's all a matter of who is behind the scenes, and I think Agnes might know for sure.
    Indeed Well Said Frontier and from that I think their is an important point that, on Wanda's Thread as we have found out if anyone else is up for some show Spoilers to how the story might look abit from the showrunners, of how much they took not just from HoM but from Other Wanda stories over the years that this is not going to be just like one or two comic stories from the past, but many of them and new ideas as well, link to that below;

    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5331135
    “Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory
    ~~ Brianne De Chateau ~ Episode 102, of Dragon Ball Super!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyHGXMH6HB0
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread!

  3. #183
    Mighty Member LordMikel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,855

    Default

    The opening for Episode 3. Parody of Brady Bunch and Love American Style or am I missing one?
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

    Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

  4. #184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    The opening for Episode 3. Parody of Brady Bunch and Love American Style or am I missing one?
    Brady Bunch and Mary Tyler Moore.
    Was Curlytop

  5. #185
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    12,536

    Default

    This was another good episode and the suspense is building nicely. I'm curious about Geraldine/Monica: was she sent in to help Wanda by whatever forces are monitoring her or did Wanda pull her in?

    Can't wait to binge watch this.

  6. #186
    Wanda & Ribrianne~4~Life! CJStriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    10,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    This was another good episode and the suspense is building nicely. I'm curious about Geraldine/Monica: was she sent in to help Wanda by whatever forces are monitoring her or did Wanda pull her in?

    Can't wait to binge watch this.
    Very Glad to hear you are liking it Marvell2100 and indeed this episode left me wanting more then the last 2 episodes and the last 2 did that plenty already LOL, indeed the Showrunners of this show know how to tell a story to keep you coming back!
    “Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory
    ~~ Brianne De Chateau ~ Episode 102, of Dragon Ball Super!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyHGXMH6HB0
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread!

  7. #187
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    12,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Very Glad to hear you are liking it Marvell2100 and indeed this episode left me wanting more then the last 2 episodes and the last 2 did that plenty already LOL, indeed the Showrunners of this show know how to tell a story to keep you coming back!
    They're definitely keeping us on the edge. Agnes and Herb seem so scared but of what? Wanda or whoever's behind the scenes?

  8. #188
    Wanda & Ribrianne~4~Life! CJStriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    10,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    They're definitely keeping us on the edge. Agnes and Herb seem so scared but of what? Wanda or whoever's behind the scenes?
    Or are they part of the scheme?!

    It still seems like with more episodes more of these townfolks don't just seem like victums of what is causing this, but slowly some of them seem to be acting in ways that they might be pulling some strings.
    “Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory
    ~~ Brianne De Chateau ~ Episode 102, of Dragon Ball Super!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyHGXMH6HB0
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread!

  9. #189
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    12,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Or are they part of the scheme?!

    It still seems like with more episodes more of these townfolks don't just seem like victums of what is causing this, but slowly some of them seem to be acting in ways that they might be pulling some strings.
    I'd keep an eye on Phil. He seems to be the least harmful and inconspicuous of all the characters.

  10. #190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Or are they part of the scheme?!

    It still seems like with more episodes more of these townfolks don't just seem like victums of what is causing this, but slowly some of them seem to be acting in ways that they might be pulling some strings.
    I could buy Herb being part of it if he is the High Evolutionary. But couldn't buy it being Agatha. For all her flaws, she still had Wanda's best interests at heart. To me it seems like everyone in this reality is trapped here and starting to realize it.
    Was Curlytop

  11. #191
    Wanda & Ribrianne~4~Life! CJStriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    10,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I could buy Herb being part of it if he is the High Evolutionary. But couldn't buy it being Agatha. For all her flaws, she still had Wanda's best interests at heart. To me it seems like everyone in this reality is trapped here and starting to realize it.
    I have herd of the herb theory, after this episode with how strange he acted it made me think a bit on that one.


    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I'd keep an eye on Phil. He seems to be the least harmful and inconspicuous of all the characters.
    Yea, it is at times the ones you least expect that are the devils and the manipulators are you, the man behind the curtain you never see coming.

    Angels and Demons (2009).
    “Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory
    ~~ Brianne De Chateau ~ Episode 102, of Dragon Ball Super!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyHGXMH6HB0
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread!

  12. #192
    Mighty Member Blue22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,795

    Default

    Man. Even if they're just infants, it felt so good seeing Billy and Tommy make their official MCU debut. Here's hoping we actually get Wiccan and Speed in the future. We've already got Kate and Cassie. Might as well get the whole squad together.

  13. #193
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    11,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I could buy Herb being part of it if he is the High Evolutionary. But couldn't buy it being Agatha. For all her flaws, she still had Wanda's best interests at heart. To me it seems like everyone in this reality is trapped here and starting to realize it.
    I'm very intrigued by Agnes because when Herb seems to start telling the truth to Vision, she stops him. It seems like she wants to keep Wanda in this reality?

    In a way, it felt to me like she was helping Wanda. She draws suspicion towards Geraldine, who we know it's an outsider who's with SWORD and likely in there to try and take Wanda out and/or undo the whole thing. At the same time though, you'd think that people who care about Wanda would know it's for her own good that she leaves?

  14. #194
    Astonishing Member Oberon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,368

    Default

    Most episodic shows of this genre will employ bait and switch or whatever.

    In the comics Agnes/Agatha is her mentor and a darn good friend, so it may be that they want us to think she's not a friend, but will, or will change to be.

    I'm wondering if somehow (to be revealed) Wanda came to Westview, a town that maybe will have aspects of 'New Salem' (Agatha thing) and that many/most are witches or magical in some respect. So this lends to Mephisto also being present.

    But Sword/Shield knew that somehow Wanda ended up here. Who got her there, and why?

    I think the town is real, known to SWORD, but not totally controlled. So the machinations that got Wanda there must be from that town.

    Someone said that the backstory is a therapist of some sort got Wanda there but than it went out of control.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

  15. #195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I'm very intrigued by Agnes because when Herb seems to start telling the truth to Vision, she stops him. It seems like she wants to keep Wanda in this reality?

    In a way, it felt to me like she was helping Wanda. She draws suspicion towards Geraldine, who we know it's an outsider who's with SWORD and likely in there to try and take Wanda out and/or undo the whole thing. At the same time though, you'd think that people who care about Wanda would know it's for her own good that she leaves?
    I think they are afraid of being tossed out. Wanda can't be helped if she can't be reached. Which is probably why they asked about Monica. Especially about her backstory. Because she can be easily figured out.

    They all seem to be trying to play a role perfectly.
    Was Curlytop

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •